BioWare Mythic has announced it shall henceforth be known as just Mythic.
The name change was announced on the Warhammer Online website, along with the following statement:
“In the wake of a new focus our studio has recently changed its name from BioWare Mythic to Mythic. Everything else stays the same – our passionate teams will continue to support and develop our existing titles as well as working on some new and exciting projects.”
The developer has gone through a number of name changes over the years. Here’s short history:
- Adventures Unlimited Software was founded in 1984 By Mark Jacobs.
- Interesting Systems was founded in 1990 by Rob Denton, Matt Firor, Don Cambpell, and Roger Shropshire.
- The company became known as Interworld Productions in 1995 when Mark Jacobs Rob Denton teamed up.
- In November 1997 the name was changed to Mythic Entertainment.
- EA purchased Mythic Entertainment in 2006 and renamed it EA Mythic.
- EA Mythic renamed itself Mythic Entertainment in 2008.
- The developer was renamed BioWare Mythic in 2009.
- As of November 7, 2012, BioWare Mythic is now known Mythic.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.