Halo 4 PC port debunked: ‘game made specifically for Xbox 360′, says Microsoft rep

Wednesday, 7th November 2012 11:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 4 won’t be heading to PC, a Microsoft rep has revealed. It comes as fans called for a port to 343′s mega shooter, following an absence of the series on PC since Halo 2.

When quizzed about the subject of Halo 4 on PC by Penny Arcade, a Microsoft rep replied, “Halo 4 was designed specifically for Xbox 360, and while we’re always exploring new ways to expand the franchise and share the Halo experience with as many fans as possible, we do not currently have any plans to port Halo 4 to PC.”

Sorry PC fans. Is this such a big loss in the FPS-rich sea that is PC gaming, or would you like to see a Halo 4 released eventually?

Thanks PCGamesN.

1. Talkar

I’m not really disappointed. The Halo games are fun and all, but i think i’ve had my take of shooters for now. They all just seem so.. generic i think.

2. unacomn

It’s OK, I lost interest in Halo after I found out what the Flood was. Up until then, it was a sweet game.

3. datass

Keep it!

4. Edo

Who and why exactly expected Halo 4 to be released for PC?!?!?

5. Dave Cook

@4 I asked myself the same thing.

6. bpcgos

No way MS going to port this, its their only ace card to fight PS 3. BTW, I miss many of AAA PC exclusive shooter like in early 2000, they’re great and always beyond any expectation in both technical and mechanical prowess (like Giant : Citizen Kabuto, NOLF 1 & 2,and UT series)

7. G1GAHURTZ

This will probably come out for the Xbox tablet.

Which is a PC, right?

8. Kabby

This is all they have to shift Xbox hardware. It won’t get ported.

9. roadkill

F**k me I agree with Talkar! :D

@4 and 5 Same here.

10. absolutezero

Well if it was specifically created with the 360 in mind it should be piss easy to create a port seeing as the Xbox is more or less an under-powered PC.

11. Erthazus

Keep that shit out of my PC.

but in reality if people really, Really wanted a port there would be a mod team that could port Halo 4 to the PC.

Like that was done with the original Halo from the Xbox. Since then, no one cares.

12. NiceFellow

Well no shit Sherlock. After the twin backlash on PC against pushing Halo 2 PC port with Vista and trying to charge for GFWL coupled with the need to have at least some true exclusives they would be mad to put this on PC.

The only reason I still have a 360 sitting around is Halo and TBH until Halo 4 arrived in the post yesterday I literally hadn’t turned the sucker on in months.

Mind you the reason given is idiotic – if the engine is designed specific to 360 then it can sure as shit be easily moved to PC. A custom PS3 engine using the Cell would be a different story but not with this combination. This is about brand and device protection for the Xbox and nothing else.

13. noherczeg

“while we’re always exploring new ways to expand the franchise [...] we do not currently have any plans to port Halo 4 to PC”

Porting a (closed platform) game to other platforms in not a way to do it… okay.

Question: WTH is there else to do then?! It’s like we want to sale our beer to others too, not just our neighbors, but we don’t want to ship it elsewhere :D