Halo 4 multiplayer earns Microsoft Points

Wednesday, 7th November 2012 04:26 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Microsoft’s Xbox Live Rewards scheme is offering free Microsoft Points to those who spend time with Halo 4′s multiplayer – that is, pretty much everyone on Xbox Live right now.

Assuming you’re enlisted in Xbox Live Rewards already, you have until November 30 to take advantage of the Combat Tour offer.

Those who put in over 35 hours in Halo 4′s multiplayer before then will net 100 MS Points; over 70 hours scores you 300 MS Points; and a whopping 140 hours brings in 600 MS Points.

There’s also a promotion on which will refund some points you spend on the game, again only for Xbox Live Rewards members. Spending 1500 MS Points on Halo content will refund 100 MS Points, while a spend of will earn back 200 MS Points.

Mix it up a little, if you like; putting in over 35 hours and spending 3000 points will score you 800 MS Points.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Logic Incarnate

That is like $0.07 (AU) / hr. The questions is, how do I redeem these points for a bag of doritos?

2. JimFear-666

so… if you dont have a life and play 6h for 30day they give you 600ms point… Biiiiiiiig deal….

3. G1GAHURTZ

YEAH! MIKRO$ft miGHt azwell be taykin muney outa our p0kets!!!11

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111

Down wiv dem!

4. brotherhoodofthewolf

there’s also the Halo 4 x American Express tie-up:

5. ZeGerman1942

I like their MS point incentive but surely this is a bit much.

Even games like WoW put on warnings in their loading screen messages telling players to take gaming in moderation. With this offer essentially MS is saying: don’t have a life, don’t be social, sit in front of your TV for 140 hours and we will reward you.

Not really sure about it.

6. NocturnalB

As much as I’d like to have 600 points without spending money, screw that noise. I love my Halo but i got a job and a life, no way i can squeeze in 160 hours by the end of the month. The 35 hour one maybe..

Would just be easier to spend 20 bucks and get 1600. That’s just way too much in too short a time.

7. Moonwalker1982

Anyone who got Xbox Live Gold is a Rewards member? I don’t see an option to register for it anywhere on the site…

Oooh let me guess, this is not for Europe as well.

8. Custard Ganet

@7 hmm im not sure,i havent looked into it yet myself.it has been advertised to me on the xbox dashboard,is it nowhere to be found on the xbox website?

9. Logic Incarnate

@7 http://rewards.xbox.com/ – I can get it in AU so give it a shot…for the little it actually gives you.