Gran Turismo 5 may have taken an age to release, but why rush it when sales of 67.8 million is the reward? Developer Polyphony Digital has released official Gran Turismo series stats. Anyone want to guess which game has sold the most? Find out below.
The stats, as published on Polyphony’s site, show a series in rude health. Here’s a global breakdown of units sold across the series so far:
- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2) – 14.89 million
- Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) – 11.6 million
- Gran Turismo (PSX) – 10.85 million
- Gran Turismo 2 (PSX) – 9.37 million
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) – 9.01 million units
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3) – 5.35 million
- Gran Turismo (PSP) – 3.86 million
- Gran Turismo Concept Series (PS2) – 1.56 million
- Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (PS2) – 1.4 million
It comes as Gran Turismo 6 is already confirmed as being in development for PS4. With numbers like these, who could blame them?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.