Mafia 3: 2K Czech hiring for new ‘top secret, super interesting’ triple-a title

Thursday, 1st November 2012 11:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Mafia studio 2K Czech was rumoured to be developing Mafia 3 for PS4 & Xbox 720 back in August, and now the studio has begun hiring several key personnel for a new, unannounced triple-a title.

NowGamer reports that the studio’s job listings – posted on Gamasutra – all state that the the roles are for a “top secret, unannounced & super interesting project” and will help in the creation of the studio’s ‘next AAA title.’

Hot damn. VG247 reported in August that sources close to the studio had revealed the development of Mafia 3 for next-gen formats. Check out the details here:

Mafia 3 in development for Xbox 720 & PS4 – Report.

Would you like to see more from the Mafia franchise? Let us know what you think below.

1. anddiiss

Yes! That’s what I wanted to hear. Good to know that those guys are gearing up for another Mafia game.

#1 1 year ago
  2. soggmeadmug

I wish their next game was Hidden & Dangerous 3. It needs to happen.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ManuOtaku

For much hate it got, mafia 2, i didnt play mafia by the way, i find it really good, i like it a lot , it was a open world game, for those that loose focus on this type of game and end up being more linear, sometimes i do not finish open world game because of this, too much to do, i did like this thing about mafia 2, it looked like open world game but it was in the end more linear, and for that i did like it a lot, i cannot wait for mafia 3.

#3 1 year ago
  4. roadkill

What about the PC version!? :(

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ercarret

Mafia 2 was flawed, but showed great potential. I certainly wouldn’t mind a third entry. They just need to decide on an approach and stick with that; the biggest problem I had with Mafia 2 was that it didn’t know if it was going to be very linear or more of a sandbox game. I quite liked the linear approach – I always think the stories in GTA and similar games are to loosely told. Even if I wasn’t too sold on the actual story that was told in Mafia 2, I appreciated the pace in which it was told. However, if you go down that road, you can’t create an entirely empty city for it to take place in. It just didn’t work and I hope they’ve learned something from that.

If they have, I think that Mafia 3 can be a great game.

#5 1 year ago