Modern Warfare 4 spilled by Captain price actor, Infinity Ward developing – report

Tuesday, 30th October 2012 13:20 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 is a thing, according to Captain price voice actor Bill Murray – no, not the Ghostbuster. Murray let slip the game’s development at Infinity Ward in a new interview.

Gamersthirst reports that in an interview with This Is Xbox, Murray said, “Yeah, on Monday I am off to meet Infinity Ward about the next game, Modern Warfare 4, I’m doing work on the sequel to Modern Warfare 3, it carries straight on and I only ever appear in the Modern Warfare games…”

Well damn. Thoughts?

Thanks to Monu-Mental for the news tip.

Update: Infinity Ward seems to have denied the rumors, tweeting that it “hasn’t spoken with any voice actors,” and that “all news” on the matter is “speculation.”

1. G1GAHURTZ

CAPTAIN PRIIIIIIICE!!!!

On next gen? Sweeeeeeet…

2. Dave Cook

@2 yep. Imagine how good his moustache will look in the next-gen

3. a7md1990

I’m sorry Dave but I’m gonna curse in your article! FUCK Call of Duty, FUCK Activision, and FUCK Infinity Ward. We’re getting sick of this annual piece of fucking shit games they keep releasing.

4. TMRNetShark

Damn Infinity Ward… you you no longer inventive? You made Call of Duty 1 and Call of Duty 2! Those games were amazing! Now you can’t do anything else besides Modern Warfare. :(

Oh well, I might just stick with Blops 2 until Treyarch’s next gen entry. :/

5. Dave Cook

@3 no worries, curse away ;)

6. a7md1990

@5 Was too mad that I called you “David” LOL!. Fixed.

7. DSB

You know what’s even more predictable than Modern Warfare 4? Reverso-fanboys hating on Modern Warfare 4.

8. KrazyKraut

This is a big surprise for me…I don’t know what to say…I really didn’t expect a new MW…some kind of shock. I think I will take the double dose of valium today.

9. Erthazus

Modern Warfare 3 was already the game that made me stop buying this thing and i’m thankful for that.

So, who will be a new evil protagonist this time? I would like to see new trailer. I want to laugh my ass off.

10. stretch215

I don’t see the problem with annualized releases for mp focused games. It keeps things fresh. I mean $60 (around $100 with dlc) is nothing, if you’re a fan. If you’re not, don’t buy it. Pretty easy, huh? Then you have people who will defecate all over it while playing it for 500 hours, like erth-ass-us. Oh, the hypocrisy !

11. Erthazus

@10, Thanks man, I played MW2 for 16+ hours and MW3 less than 10 (including a campaign). Oh, the fanboys!

12. Ireland Michael

@3 Nobody is forcing you to buy them. Christ.

13. mad1723

I, for one, am quite happy they are doing another installment. Hear me out and get those pitchforks down: the faster they keep releasing this game over and over, the faster they’re bringing it to the ground. If they can kill the franchise by milking it to death, let them. I know I am not buying it this year, and next year and so on.

Activision will kill their game on their own, as they did with Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero and so many more. Let them release another rehash of the same game and we’ll see how people react when they see how they are buying the same game with a different skin every year.

Tldr; let them kill their own franchise, just don’t buy it =)

14. OrbitMonkey

I just want them to bring back the RPD… I loved that big old gun :-(

15. Deacon

I love how based on the name alone, people already talk like they know exactly how it’s going to end up ;)

16. stretch215

@11 you have played more hours of black ops(500 hrs.) than I have played the entire call of duty series since cod4. Who’s the real “fanboy”? Also “fanboy” is a ridiculous and juvenile term. I know your English is really limited but you can do better erth-ass-us.

17. Erthazus

@16, Black Ops. right. In the time where I had nothing to play and that was the last CoD where I played a lot. Since that game I moved on to something better.
    “than I have played the entire call of duty series since cod4.”

Ofc. It was probably your first shooter ever so keep waiting for another reharsh of that game from 2007. I’m on the other hand done with the series after MW3 because it was a complete trash and disaster and thanks IW for that. More cash in my pocket.

18. SameeR_Fisher

This is no surprise at all :D

19. a7md1990

@12 The more COD succeeds, the more other games will try to imitate it *Resident Evil*. I wish if me not buying it will solve the problem, too bad it wont.

20. stretch215

My first shooter ever? Lol. I’ve been gaming since you were swimming in your daddy’s nuts, boy.

21. Ireland Michael

@19 If games want to imitate that, that’s they’re choice. That shows a lack of vision on their part. Blame Capcom, not Activision.

There are plenty of games out there that aren’t modern warfare first person shooters.

22. Moonwalker1982

Who’s saying this is for next gen?

I don’t even know what to say anymore, it’s getting beyond pathetic with CoD and worse is…countless of people(sheep, sorry) buy it.

23. Ireland Michael

@22 Baaaaa!

24. mistermogul

Crikey, when are people finally gonna get bored of playing this shit?

25. Edo

Yay?

26. Deacon

@24 – NEVERRRRRRR!!

As much as it’s not for me, it does amaze me that despite all the cool characters and things you can be in the videogame world (barbarians, sorcerers, monkeys, aliens, cowboys, crazy-haired-emo-boys, gangsters, defenders of the galaxy, hedgehogs, echidna(s)? etc etc) the one 90% of people seem to enjoy the most is being a soldier. A fucking soldier. Running around shooting people in the face when you could be off saving planets and rescuing hot princesses ::sigh::

Each to their own gents. I am no longer offended by the masses loving COD. It is what it is.

I think my list of alternative character types could do with some work… but you get my point.

27. monkeygourmet

You can blame Capcom and its investors and share holders. Same goes with any other big company chasing COD and Activisions tail.

I just came back from a budget meeting today and it was a fucking embarrassment in what the ‘higher ups’, and accountants feel is the right direction for my business to be in.

This goes across Almost all industries in the world today. A load of fat cats thinking they know best while shitting on the little man.

I can guarantee Capcoms business and sales decision have forced the hand of games like Resi because they think that’s what the gamers want.

Truth is, these games are selling on name alone, and by creating these awful products, that name won’t be worth shit in the near future.

It’s a short sighted profit venture that investors love because of the quick turnover, but don’t give a shit about running the product into the dirt. :)

28. jacobvandy

@4 Nobody who made Call of Duty 1 or 2 (or 4) still works at Infinity Ward. They all left because of Activision’s bullshit. What you have now is just a name, slapped onto a completely different set of people who are churning out bland nonsense every 2 years. A simple marketing deception.

29. Da Man

#26 That’s because people enjoy competing with others online.. Believe it or not, most don’t play videogames (at least multiplayer) for the theme. They play it for the same reason people played Breakout and River Raid.

I wonder if anyone aside from psychologically (and probably mentally in general) insecure folks ever took CoD stories seriously or cared about it’s characters.

30. NightCrawler1970

@4 +1, me either, i stop spending money to a greedy company as Activision that almost prestige to launche almost 2 games in 1 year(CUT AND PASTE) asking $15 dollar for a map pack, im wating in RESPAWN department that comes with a very original Shooting game and totaly different than MW3 and up…

31. robincolon8

Norma implied I cant believe that anybody can get paid $4408 in a few weeks on the internet. have you read this webpage..http://nipp.me/37v

32. FLONG

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

(w w w .like surprise.com/ )

Believe you will love it.

33. Digital Bamboo

I have a confession to make…I’ve never played a Call of Duty game.

I own one, just haven’t got around to playing it yet.

I look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.