GTA 5 release date confirmed by Rockstar, more new art released

Tuesday, 30th October 2012 16:23 GMT By Jeff Dunn

Rockstar has officially confirmed the rumored Spring 2013 release window for Grand Theft Auto 5.

The expected news comes after two recent leaks suggested that the open-world title would come early next year.

The developer has also announced that pre-orders for the next entry in the hit series will begin on November 5 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. No PC version was mentioned in the reveal, curiously enough.

“Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we’ve learned about open world game design,” said Rockstar head Sam Houser in a statement. “We can’t wait to share it with fans.”

1. KAP

Just got goosebumps… damn.

Oh wow, notice the phone shes holding has a fruitbasket reminicent to the apple brand. luv rockstar for all there clever little shit like that.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Mike

Surely this exploitative picture of women in order to sell a game should go?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Mike W

Damn I haven’t completed all the missions in GTA IV

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dark

OMG YES!!

#4 1 year ago
  5. deathm00n

@3 Me neither and I have GTAIV The Complete Edition, so there’s also 2 other story arcs for me to complete

#5 1 year ago
  6. KAP

lol

You were kiddin right?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Edo

@6 Why?

#7 1 year ago
  8. KAP

Nevermind killing women of the night for your money back.
    GTA have always and will always be a target for those who have nothing better to do.

#8 1 year ago
  9. jacobvandy

No PC version was mentioned in the reveal, curiously enough.

It’s not curious at all… This is standard GTA protocol EVERY TIME. Rockstar gets paid big bucks to keep it console-exclusive (I guess I can’t blame them for taking it), then a few months later announces the PC version. They make no mention of it because the aforementioned bribes come with the stipulation that they do nothing to entice people to wait a while longer for a different version that is superior in every way.

#9 1 year ago
  10. ballz

how about some fucking gameplay, tired of this bullshit artworks

#10 1 year ago
  11. Edo

@8 Thank god they have you to defend it otherwise it would be doomed,DOOMED I TELL YA!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Johnny Cullen

Prepare for the mauling that Apple is going to get.

#12 1 year ago
  13. TheWulf

Nnnnooo… don’t do that. Don’t! X_X

They’ve mixed the almost realistic painting of a face, with fake Barbie doll hair, a body with impossible proportions, and cell shading.

IT BURNS US.

That is an art no. THAT is the uncanny valley, right there.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Moonwalker1982

I don’t remember how it went when GTA IV was announced, but didn’t they say a PC version was coming then? Either way, i genuinely feel bad for PC only folks, cause it sucks to hear that. But i doubt, hiiiighly doubt a PC version won’t be coming further down the road.

Either way, awesome news.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Cobra951

Surely artists and women should have the freedom to do whatever they damn well please in a free society?

#15 1 year ago
  16. Ireland Michael

Mike is trolling, people. It was a joke.

#16 1 year ago
  17. fearmonkey

I am eager to see how awesome the new engine is. I have been blown away at the Directx11 graphics that Saints Row: The Third has. I didnt like the first Saint’s row, and took a chance on the 3rd game and im glad I did, so far its my favorite GTA stye game ever, even if the humor is constantly so lowbrow at times its annoying.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Mike

Troll post: My favourite article: http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/12/enough-we-must-all-try-to-kick-sexism-out-of-gaming/

#18 1 year ago
  19. polygem

american dream girl holding an american dream smartphone at the beach. great artwork or just plain boring…

#19 1 year ago
  20. Da Man

Definitely advertisement aimed at the most hardcore gamers.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Dave Cook

I see it as a comment on the vacuous nature of Los Angeles ideals. ‘Be beautiful, fit and rich or GTFO’.

Not my opinion of LA personally, but it’s a widely-held one.

#21 1 year ago
  22. SplatteredHouse

@13: yeah, it’s fairly bad, huh. It reminds me a bit of one of those light-hearted painted scene boards that you see on piers sometimes, where people put their heads through cut holes and have their pictures taken.. example: – http://www.contrabandevents.com/images/uploads/large/d323493942140294c97a074654be1cf4.jpg – I didn’t know they had those in America, though.
    Otherwise, I could see this in that context as an amusing statement!

#22 1 year ago
  23. SlayerGT

I see her taking a pic of herself at the beach..in the spring…making a V with her fingers. I like it. Its GTA to me..

#23 1 year ago
  24. NightCrawler1970

Typical NOOB reaction, Why they don’t have a PC version??? Answer, because PC version comes always a year later…

Anyway, i really can’t wait for this one, hopefully they have a GTA 5 CONSOLE PACKAGE when buying an Xbox or PS3 :D like now with the new PS3 slim slim version Assasin Greed 3…

#24 1 year ago
  25. Yoshi

If you’re joking. ME: lolol
    If you’re serious. ME: Ohhh FUCK OFF!

XD

EDIT: Just seen a slice of a comment cake from R* on their article about this.

‘Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we’re currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don’t have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.’

So looks like PC will be coming shortly after.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Mike

I see her tits. Her lovely, lovely tits. I’ll buy the game.

#26 1 year ago
  27. OrbitMonkey

Oh good another GTA where we play with smartphones!! :|

#27 1 year ago
  28. Moonwalker1982

Of all things and you pick that stuff. Way to be negative about something that is nothing special. It worked fine in GTA IV and the two DCLs, why not use it again?

I’m pretty sure there’s plenty of great stuff to look forward to and we’ll be reading all that in the new Game Informer.

#28 1 year ago
  29. NightCrawler1970

@27 and this time you can download APPS :P and scan bar-blocks to go online, i hate Internet cafe like in GTA 4…

I have a hunch it come in march(SPRING BREAK) *girl in bikini hint hint*

So for spring breakers y’all have a choice…

1. Get shitfaced and do wacky things on FLA beach…

or

2. Buy this game, and game till ya drop….

#29 1 year ago
  30. LuLshuck

No idea how you can get hyped over a release date when there hasnt been any gameplay videos…

#30 1 year ago
  31. robincolon8

Amber explained I am impressed that a person able to profit $4710 in four weeks on the internet. have you read this link..Ace16.com

#31 1 year ago
  32. LuLshuck

Also
    Female cops confirmed
    Dogs confirmed
    Four wheeler return
    Bikes return
    Jet return
    FUCKING UNDERWATER DIVING RETURNS

#32 1 year ago
  33. Custard Ganet

Underwater diving really? thats awesome!

#33 1 year ago
  34. Moonwalker1982

That is NOT confirmed though. He’s basing that on : ‘From the mountaintops to the depths of the sea’ . Very plausible though.

But Lulshuck, first you wonder why people get hyped over a releasedate and then you thank based god Rockstar? Oooookaaayyyy….

#34 1 year ago
  35. LuLshuck

@34 copy and pasted comment, cant be arsed to write the whole thing

#35 1 year ago
  36. NocturnalB

Hey Moon, high fives bro! This just made our conversation this morning that much more awesome!

EDIT: Also I’ve been meaning to bring this up for awhile now, i want to make a bet for $100 usd that Carl Johnson aka CJ makes a cameo if not a big part of the story for GTAV, any takers!

#36 1 year ago
  37. FLONG

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

(w w w .like surprise.com/ )

Believe you will love it.

#37 1 year ago
  38. Moonwalker1982

Not really sure what conversation you mean? :)

Oooh wait, you mean in the previous GTA V article, yeah good stuff :D

As for CJ, i don’t think it will happen, it would be awesome though, to see him chilling in his neighborhood and stuff. But Rockstar has said that every GTA so far has always taken place in a different universe and that V would be no different.

#38 1 year ago
  39. NocturnalB

Different times surely, but different uni’s no. There have already been character cameos in current games. And if that logic fails just think of how much they tied Niko Bellic into The Lost and Damned DLC. Heck how they tied all the DLC with the main game, i thought it was well done.

#39 1 year ago
  40. helios

Diablo for PC and GTA for consoles — these are the only two video-games that’s worthy enough to ruin your life completely.

#40 1 year ago
  41. SlayerGT

@39 and back tracking. Was it Vice Or SA that you fly back to Liberty to the diner to kill someone? Wow im spacing on this :) and I call myself a GTA fan. And the PSP “stories”. All kinds of cross over going on. I’m with you. I thought 4 and its dlc “over lapping” stories were awesome. I’m kinda hoping 5 is similar. Like Resident Evil 2.

#41 1 year ago
  42. Ireland Michael

Rockstar have said in the past that the new games are their own world and we won’t be seeing cameos from the PS2-era titles. Its a different series with its own vibe.

We might see some from IV, though.

#42 1 year ago
  43. NocturnalB

@41 it was San Andreas i remember that exact mission very well!

#43 1 year ago
  44. helios

Guys, you shouldn’t worry too much about V’s release on PC, it will arrive as expected. N4G: GTA V PC Release Date Expected Next Year

#44 1 year ago
  45. yo12

Anyone hoping for a zombie DLC, I know there’s alot of fights about how a zombie DLC would just “ruin” the game. Well if you don’t like zombie stuff, fuck you and don’t bother buying it if you don’t like it and don’t critisize it. And if ur a huge gta and a huge zombie fan like me, we’ll I’m glad :)

#45 1 year ago
  46. yo12

And they should have a hardened addition or something were you can have the availability to buy special houses, guns, cars, etc. in the game.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Noodlemanny

Really? Um. Where is it then?
    Damn I wish it were already out

#47 10 months ago