Dragon Quest VII may be coming to 3DS

Tuesday, 30th October 2012 15:44 GMT By Jeff Dunn

Square Enix may have already launched the Dragon Quest X beta (in Japan at least), but that doesn’t mean it’ll stop re-releasing older entries in the longstanding RPG franchise.

According to NintendoLife, a scan in the latest issue of JUMP Magazine in Japan appears to confirm the existence of a Dragon Quest VII re-release for the Nintendo 3DS.

The scanned page notes a February 2013 release for Japan, but doesn’t mention any details for us over in the West just yet.

Those outside of Japan may remember the game as Dragon Warrior 7, as that was the name it went by when it was released for the original PlayStation back in 2001.

Square Enix has already re-released Dragon Quests V and VI in the past, eventually porting both overseas, so the listing appears to be legitimate.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

Am I way off or is the picture for this post of DQ VIII?

2. Jeff Dunn

…it very well could be. I’ll give it a look when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up though.

3. Telepathic.Geometry

Ah sure, it doesn’t matter anyway. Don’t mind me Jeff, I’m VG’s resident pedantic pain in the arse, I’m sure that that picture’s grand. Sorry man…

4. Ireland Michael

@2 Yup, that’s DQVIIi alright. One of the greatest games and JRPGs ever made.

You got my hopes up for a moment there, Jeff. Then your smashed them violenty against the rocky shores of disappointment.

I think I’m going to go cry in a corner now. =’(

5. Clupula

That was my first thought, too. “Why is there a picture of Dragon Quest VIII for this article?”

6. joshua nash

DQVIII is perfection and should not only be on 3DS it should be released on PSN and live