Halo 4 gets another launch trailer, focuses on gameplay

Wednesday, 24th October 2012 08:57 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 4 has received another launch trailer, courtesy of Microsoft and 343 Industries. This time it’s all about gameplay. See some of the game’s skirmishes, weapons and plot points below. Are you psyched for the November 6th launch?

1. Malmer

Looks great!

2. tezzer1985

Is it just me…or does the pre release hype for Halo 4 not seem as big as Halo 3.

Either way, this is the FPS I’m most excited for, this year. Which is strange as I’m not really a Halo fan, properly down to the same old FPS’s we get every year.

3. polygem

@3: it´s my impression as well. it is pretty quiet for a halo release. still think this will become the best selling halo game yet. i mean, look at that video. how can someone who likes videogames not be excited about that? i am for sure.

4. MadFingerz

^ehrmmm, I like videogames and wasn’t excited by that…sure it looks pretty and all but I just don’t like Halo. Only good thing I can think about the Halo series is the superb soundtrack.

5. polygem

seriously? ok then….i guess

6. Deacon

I rarely touch an FPS game, but I must admit I’ve always been attracted to the lore of Halo. A lot of time has been spent fleshing out the universe and back-story and I can appreciate that. Halo 4 looks great, and I’m sure it’ll have an amazing soundtrack. Not convinced that it evolves the gameplay from previous instalments, but then what FPS series’ really do these days.

7. monkeygourmet

Eurogamer : 10/10 I’ve called it! :)

I think to carry the torch in such a confident way is very impressive, the whole package is going to be huge!

8. Hirmetrium

Is that dude the voice of Crowfather? That guy was amazing in Darksiders 2.

9. Cozzy

@6 Yeah the games are fairly straight forward but the lore is pretty huge behind the series. That is part of what excites me about Halo 4 because they’re supposed to be bringing far more of the back story into the plot.

10. Gadzooks!

#8

Not sure as I cant watch/listen to media at work but Keith Szarabajka (Crowfather/Holtz from Angel) is a bit of a legend IMO. Absolutely great voice.

Edit: wiki say yes, he voices Didact. Nice!

11. AHA-Lambda

@10 – I knew I recognised that voice from somewhere!

Good trailer, way better than the other launch trailer that was shown off recently.