PS Store launches across Europe today after false start

Monday, 22nd October 2012 10:20 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Store’s long-awaited redesign goes live across European territories today, Sony has confirmed. The store relaunch was recently postponed to give Sony more time to iron out some teething issues.

PS Blog EU confirms that the new PS Store would be launching across Europe “later today.”

The new store delivers a clearer panel-style marketplace similar to Xbox Live’s Metro system. Sony has explained the new layout and the reasoning behind its new appearance in a blog post.

It has been designed to push new and featured content to the top of the store, and to make searching for content quicker and easier. VG247′s Stace Harman recently got a sneak preview of the new PS Store. Check out what he thought of it here:

Also, here’s an official Sony walkthrough video of the new layout:

1. KrazyKraut

Yeah already online in UK and Germany. But I dont like it…follows Win 8 / XBLA

2. tezzer1985

They released it last night, I was using it…I actually really like it, not going to be a troll and say its better then Xbox live store UI, but I do like it very much, maybe because its shinny and new :)

3. KrazyKraut

Yeah….ofc it looks fresh, but still some kind of copy-cat.

What I really like is that the Download List (with all your purchases and stuff) looks much better and clearer.

4. KAP

Old Playstation store time to load up: 6.7 sec

New Playstation store time to load up: 58.1 sec (soft open)

New Playstation store time to load up: 51.4 sec (present)

With that said, I like the store and what they’ve done, I only wish It was a lot quicker, more so then the old store.

5. Sylrissa

Not really liking it so far, but I’ll give it time.

6. Deacon

Preferred the old store.

It looks very aesthetically ‘now’, it just doesn’t seem any easier to navigate overall. I’ll adjust, but my first opinion is that I miss the old store.

7. freedoms_stain

@4, I make it more like 30 seconds.

Compared to the old EU store the new one navigates like lightning, which is worth 30 seconds start-up delay to me personally. New design is much more pleasant to browse too. Perhaps a little bit jerky at points, but I’ll take a little bit or jerky transition over 5 second lock every time the screen transitions.

8. Noodlemanny

From what I can see (haven’t actually used it yet) it looks pretty much exactly the same but with a few more boxes and black. Not that that’s bad its just if your going to change something why don’t you actually change it not just mix it up a bit.
    Although tiss said that the navigation is better which is a good :)

9. Mike W

Seems nice, I can’t wait to try it out.

10. dizzygear

stuff was all over the place with the old store and the new one is much more organized.
    but with the new store some content seems to have vanished. with the old store you could still find it with a manual search but sony was so kind to remove that option.