Assassin’s Creed 3 ‘will wrap-up Desmond’s story’ – Ubisoft

Monday, 22nd October 2012 16:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 3 will be the last game to feature the series’ modern day assassin Desmond Miles, Ubisoft has confirmed. The publisher also wants to stop stalling and making people wait for answers.

Speaking with OXM, Assassin’s Creed 3′s lead designer Steve Masters said, “What we’re trying to do is bring some finality to Desmond’s story. To actually wrap up what you’ve opened and experienced with him.”

“So we’re trying to make it a little bit more direct with the storyline,” he continued, “but at the same time there are still going to be plenty of little mysterious bits for you to dig into, especially in the side stuff.”

Acknowledging fan frustration at the amount of plot stalling across Ezio’s trilogy, Masters added, “We wanted there to be a big leap forward in the story, and we wanted you to feel a good sense of progress in what’s going on in the story”

He concluded, “A lot of the misdirection and the way we’ve been meandering a little bit has been kind of frustrating as a player and for the audience, so we wanted to make sure there was going to be more substance to get your teeth into.2

Will you be glad to see Desmond go? Let us know below.

Assassin’s Creed 3 launches across Europe on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 from October 31st.

1. anik_lc

21 December, 2012
    RIP Desmond Miles

2. Mike W

Well i took the day off from next Tuesday to get prepare for this game and liberation. But before I even open it, I have to be liberation first.

3. KAP

I took two weeks off… Seriously.

4. Se_7_eN

Good! I hope he dies… I really don’t like him for some reason.

5. The Last Nomad

On the one hand, desmond isn’t all that interesting.
    But I think thats only due to his lack of playablity (I’ve only played 1 and 2, so I dunno if you get to play with him much in the others). But I think they should really bring him in a lot more to the series before they get rid of him.

although I really like the idea of desmond. He is basically the player. He controls an avatar in a digital representation of where-ever the game is set. Exactly what you are doing when you play the games.

On the other hand, i’m buying the shit outta this game, no matter what ubisoft say at this point they’ve already got my money.

6. GK

maybe,desmond gonna find apple and he activate it,and show some info about other artifacts and later he and apple destroy each other :) so its would be over.and Assassin’s Creed new game is gonna be with new heroes :)

7. Omelette

@4, Se_7_en. YES! Gotta get rid of him before I get bored of the A.C franchise. Playing his character is a pain in the arse.

8. wnolan1992

Real shame. I like Desmond as a character, and think there’s a lot of untapped potential there.
    I think a lot of fans opinion of him is tainted by 1 and 2, where basically all you could do was walk around a little interior area and talk to people.
    Personally, I really enjoyed his segments in BroHo and Rev. Wandering around the modern day Collesseum and the First Person Platforming levels in Rev were really fun IMO.
    I’ve wanted a Desmond centred game from the start, and thought it would have been a natural progression to go to a Desmond game follwoing Connor’s game.
    Rather disappointed that they’re going to just can the character to be honest.

9. KAP

First 20mins of Assassins Creed 3

10. N1NJ4L3G3ND98

see i like desmond, i think there should be a main game based on him

#10 1 year ago
  11. Gingerman1207

This really sucks i literally just beat the game and that B**** Juno made him die, see i was hoping that there was gonna be a modern day assassins creed with Desmond but stupid Ubisoft decided to kill the MAIN character off , what dumb asses , people are gonna go spin crazy like me

#11 1 year ago
  12. assassinprodigy4

If it’s true than that is the worst idea ever.think back to AC1 its desmond’s ancestors that have all come into contact with the pieces of Eden.and I say if it’s true because there is a possibility that he lives, the same can be said for Lucy cause in 1 Altair was healed by the apple.if you pay attention to the end of brotherhood you see her hand on the apple.(yes ik know what happens in revelations)her mind could still be alive but not her body.

#12 1 year ago