Dragon Age 3 contains deeper customization, castles, large levels

Saturday, 20th October 2012 21:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon Age 3 will bring back character customization to the series “in a big way,” and some the levels are going to be rather large, according to BioWare.

Speaking during a panel during the the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo today in Canada, cinematic designer Jon Perry said “one level in Dragon Age 3 is as big as all of the levels in Dragon Age 2.”

Not be outdone in the guess-what-else-is-bigger department, creative director Mike Laidlaw added that “customization is going to be bigger than Dragon Age Origins,” and that players will also be able to customize their followers.

Players will also be able to control their own castle, and character choices from previous games will be importable. According to executive producer Mark Darrah, the team is looking into ways to do this “without save imports.”

Series writer David Gaider also added during the panel that players will be human, and that “backgrounds will be in Dragon Age 3 even though you will be human, it’s not playable but it does significant impact on the story.” We’re not too clear on that bit, but you can read the tweets from the game’s producer Cameron Lee yourself here.

Also, Flemeth the shapeshifter, known as ‘the Witch of the Wilds’ will be in the game in some capacity, because according to Laidlaw: “It feels wrong to not have a little Flemeth in your game.”

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition is slated for a late fall release in 2013.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. LuLshuck

gunna be sucky

2. GwynbleiddiuM

@1 I think so too, single race again, even though typically I always play human, I don’t really like the sound of it. They will never top the Origins, IMO.

3. Bomba Luigi

I can’t force me to Read this, I have so many Bioware-Lies left in my Memorys. But if the Game proof itself in the Community, when they tell me its a Great Game, then Bioware can have my Money again.

4. Ryanb5784

Bioware why are you not doing multiple races again that is why I loved origins but it turns out that you say you are listening to your fans but the biggest request fan are asking you is for different races so stop claiming your listening because the truth is your just ignoring them and doing hardly anything , so this will be another dragon age 2 with a tiny bit more customization . I hope I am wrong but right now that is how it looks to me .
    one last thing if this game turns out to be like da2 I will wash my hands of you Bioware and right now it looks like that is what I will be doing .

5. btcstore100

input this URL:

( h t t p : / / w w w . b 2 c s t o r e . u s / )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

Believe you will love it.

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT
    YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

6. The_Red

Wait, what? Is the game single race again? I thought they said it’s gonna be more like DA Origins. I had 2 elf plays and almost a dwarf.

7. Phoenixblight

Can’t wait to see this. I don’t care for the races in Origins but would be happy if they had the backgrounds like Origins and you played them.

8. M. K.

Guess it’s only logical that they’re going for only one race. If they kind of want to finish the DA story they started with DA2, then it’s good, that you play only human.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

@6 They also wanna do it without save imports. So your legacy wont be carried to DA3. :(

10. Night Hunter

@9: They said they were looking into ways to customize your game even if you don’t have a savegame to import ;)

11. GwynbleiddiuM

@10 then my bad, well when I read “without save imports” I immediately assumed the worst.

12. fearmonkey

I think that them saying that a save game isnt required is interesting as that probably means the game will be released on the next gen systems as well as the original, or might be a next gen only game. It will be released next fall so the new consoles will be out around then.