Sony Japan cutting 2,000 jobs at head office

Friday, 19th October 2012 14:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony plans to cut 2,000 jobs in Japan with 20% of head office employees leaving at the end of the year through “early retirement.”

Sony believes it will save the company ¥30 billion ($378 million) a year across all divisions. The firm announced earlier this year it planned to cut 10,000 jobs, and it has since closed its Liverpool studio and Zipper Interactive.

During August, Sony reported a $312 million loss for Q1 2012, with a $45 million loss in its gaming division.

Via: Joystiq, The Next Web.

1. Dragon246

They also closed BigBig studios, all this after saying lay-offs wont affect their gaming division.

2. Erthazus

Someone will buy Sony if this will continue xD

3. deathm00n

Call me a fanboy but it’s terrifying living in a world where sony doesn’t exist anymore. You can’t deny how they were and still are good to technology as a whole. I’ve yet to see another company who can develop a product that can last as long as Sony’s products.

4. The_Red

That is horrible news. Hopefully all those affected find a job soon.

5. Gadzooks!

If that 45 mil loss wasn’t in the quarter they bought Gaikai then they are in far worse shape than I thought.

The gaming division was supposed to be propping up that sagging corpse of a corporation!

It’s getting awful close to crunch time by the look of things.

6. OrbitMonkey

Dear Sony

What goes around comes around.

Gleefully yours

SEGA

7. Gadzooks!

How preposterously ironic would it be if SEGA scraped together the couple of grand necessary to buy out Sony, and rebranded Playstation?

I’d do a little girly squeel and wee myself with excitement.

8. DrDamn

Dunno if Gaikai would have accounted for anything. Q1 would have covered up until the end of June. Gaikai purchase would just have gone down as $400m spent, $400m worth of asset gained – so zero impact on bottom line. Wouldn’t it?

9. The_Red

That was cruel but I do think that Sony (Specially its game division) has been making the some really bad mistakes over the last 5-6 years just like Sega did before and during Dream Cast era. Still, SEGA for life!

10. Gadzooks!

#8

Hmm. Does Vita US/Euro launch fall in Q1? Superslim production maybe?

There has to be some event to account for the loss other than running costs, surely?

11. DrDamn

Q1 is April->June inclusive. Vita was Feb. I would expect it’s bigger drop in PS3 sales than expected and Vita not picking up the slack. Superslim was rumoured to have been delayed by Sony wanting to clear Slim stock first. So they weren’t shifting old stock as quickly as expected.

12. OlderGamer

Been saying all along I don’t see Sony surviving the next gen. MS is going to kill em. I think Nintendo survives only if they want to. Otherwise they too could easily go handheld and console mulitplat/software only. No doubt in my mind MS domintaes next gen, in a huge, bigger then PS1/PS2 sort of way.

The writting has been on the wall for a couple of years at least.

13. ps3fanboy

nice to see you have reviled yourself as the ms x360 fanboy you are.. its always doom and gloom sony predictions from you. you should worry more about your obama ruin your usa… and by the way yes ms domintate in usa with the their console, but the rest of europe it is all ps3 territory. suck on that you old gamer!

14. Christopher Jack

You know what’s crazier than Sony suddenly leaving the console business before the next generation? Those people who believe it. It’s one of the few successful arms of Sony, even if the Vita isn’t a success & probably won’t receive a successor, I would bet that there will be one for the PS3. If anything Sony will get out of the TV, Cameras & mobile phones businesses.

15. Mike W

Boy oh boy, what kind of industry is this, where you have these “so-called gamers” that what to see a console manufacturer tap out the console market?

Do you ever imagine how shitty the market will be if Sony was to exit out? Maybe it’s something I’m missing, but what has Microsoft brought new to this gen since it was release back in 2005? From what I can remember, we had Gears of War, Halo, Forza and Fable and an on line service that we shouldn’t even be paying for, repeated over and over this entire gen, with no new IPs that this industry direly needs. So ask the question again, what is so great about this system?

Competition is great for us as the consumer, because it keeps our options open. But it’s as clear as day, that you don’t even want that. I can’t believe a gamer would want to see that. It broke my heart to see Sega tap out of the market and all of the gamers that was around to witness it, knows the market has never been the same since.

So what you’re telling me, you want the same thing to happen again?

16. Phoenixblight

Hyperbole much? The game department for SOny has been the most profitable. There is no reason for them to drop out.

10k people is around 6% of their head count. Its not worth saying its the end of Sony. This is business as usual they remove some people so their fiscal year looks better.

17. Dragon246

OG, you can only spit on sony despite knowing no facts. See recent sales figures to see how wrong you are. Ps3 is killing 360 in eu and japan, by a bigger margin than 360 does in us.

Also for moronic xbots out here, ms entire xbox division, have profits of only 19m.
    The decrease in profits of both cos is mainly due to next-gen R&D costs.

18. Da Man

Only region where Sony is killing MS sales is the mysterious land where they just ignore it, and that region is fast becoming less and less relevant. Ask yourself: what percentage of w/w sales attributes to Japan? Thus, MS are winning by a much higher margin.

Also, what PS3 brought with it’s clunky 90s attitude this gen includes an inferior Live clone, mandatory installs, useless space age disc format, and a few shitty videogames. (Just to name a few)

Also, for psychotic sony druids there, vgchartz are as random as jrpg screen swirling battles.

19. Mike W

So you’re casting your opinion off as a fact? Typical….

So I have a question, where is the source that Japan is becoming less relevant in the game industry? I find that will be an interesting read.

20. Da Man

What, you mean same as you. Typical..

Console videogames used to be less popular in other regions. You have to go out sometimes to find that source, brah. Do you know the population of Japan versus North America plus Mexico?

21. Mike W

I think you’re highly mistaken bro, yes I stated my “opinion” on a subject regarding what OG said earlier. And even though it had “factual information” such Gears, Halo, etc. it was still just my opinion. You on the other hand, stated that Japan is a “region that is fast becoming less and less relevant.”

Now again, I just want to know where are you getting this information from? If this is a fact, can you please provide me with a source. Because it sounds like to me you’re just giving me your opinion.

Even with this comment, this is your opinion, not a fact.

22. Da Man

I get this information from the ‘factual information’ based upon ‘facts’ such as top selling non japanese videogame systems being nonexistent up until the Xbox, japanese customers being minority worldwide-wise, and the continous downfall of japanese software (aside from Nintendo).

PS2 sales
    Japan 21 million
    Asia (excluding Japan) 25.42 million
    North America 50 million
    Europe 48 million

PS3 sales
    Canada “about 1.5 million”
    Europe 16 million
    Japan 6 million
    United Kingdom 3 million
    United States 13.5 million

Lack of relevance is obvious.

23. monkeygourmet

It’s obvious it’s becoming less relevant.

It’s having to cater more and more to western tastes, just look at half capcoms output.

Resi 6, westernised but still sells shit loads in Japan, tastes are changing.

It used the be western developers trying to copy Japanese ones, now it’s flipped.

There have been many articles from Japanese devs talking about how the Japanese scene and business models are arrogant and out of date in a global sense.

Europe and the US is where the real battles are and it’ll only get more important next gen.

As much as I love Japanese games, a lot of their output this gen has been stuck in the past from a business perspective.

24. Christopher Jack

Your point that Sony aren’t doing as well as they used leads to your conclusion that Japan is irrelevant yet you purposely leave out Nintendo, man you’re crazy.

25. monkeygourmet

There are many more like this around…

26. Da Man

I did mention Nintendo.

As for my point,

reading comprehension..

Japanese losing relevance is another topic actually, it just helps Xbox gain the ground.

Man, you’re stupid :/

27. Christopher Jack

CBF arguing, 2 in the morning, all I’m going to leave is: You’re nothing but hypocrite who desperately needs a new hobby, clearly gaming is just making you angry at Sony & their fans because of your PS2 issues from 10 years ago.

28. OlderGamer

I wrote up a pretty big(even for me) response to some of you guys and response to my post. But ya know what I deleted it. Your right much of what people pass off as facts are opinions. And worse when someone clearly stats something as opinion(which I always try to do) people that don’t agree call for “facts” to back it up.

It boils down to internet bable all of it, and it gets old.

My opinion is plan and simple that MS will be the dominate console on the market next gen(between the three now established platform holders). Sony is in trouble, imo. I think across the scope of their biz they are in trouble. I think Nintendo will be fine, they really don’t play in the same pool as the other guys. But I think if Nintendo decided to stop making consoles after WiiU(or just go multiplat in consoles) there is a lot of sense in that. I see that as their choice.

But there are so many wildcards that could happen. Again imo. What happens if/when Apple gets a home console? What about Valve and their Steam Box? What if near future tablets cost 300usd, plug into your TV, and use any 2.4ghz wireless control pad? What if the new MS and Sony systems cost 800usd at launch? What if game studios continue to shift away from the traditional console/megapublisher models?

My point is that no one can predict where the market will be in a few years time. It is moving too damn fast.

And I know a lot of you PS3 fans are looking for validation of PS3 by looking at recent/current sales. Great but almost all sale across the board are down for all platform holders. Hardware and software. That is your clue. This generation is at its end. Soon it will be like the soccer match being over, the other team, and the fans, leaving the field, and yet your team stays out there kicking goals and counting them. Its almost over. It would be like adding up PSx and PS2 sales after the generation moved on. Sure the numbers count, but only if you put an astrik on them.

And to be honest, I think that is what Sony should do. Delay the PS4, ride the PS3. Continue to lower the PS3 cost, use it to compete with WiiU. Promote and pack in Vita. And adapt the UI to compete with MS in the services dept. That is where next gen will be won, in services. Sony should implement Giakia into their TVs, Tablets and Phones and of course PS3/Vita. That too, is my two cents of opinion. On what I think Sony should do.

But I doubt that Sony will do any of that. And if they did, I bet they screw it up, too expensive too slow to roll out services, too slow to adapt, not full featured enough, not mass marketable. Take your pick.

So am I big on Sony? Nope.

For what it is worth Da Man is right. Of the three major markets right now(NA, EU, JPN) NA matters the most. JPN matter the least. It is just a pure numbers thing. I think next gen so called emerging markets could play a much bigger role of importance. But that is still semi down the road. And untill internet infestructure gets better, MS will have a hard time dominating those markets. Why do you guys think EU loves PS3? Because they can’t tell the difference between Live and PSN. If you had a 56k isp speed, you couldn’t tell the difference between saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, PC, or XB360. Everything else being even, you would go with the cheapest, and/or the one not entirly built around the online experience(ie: focusing on offline, single player experiences). That is my grossly over simplified reason behind why much of EU favors PS3.

Look I own both. Ask G1GA, he owns em both too and has tried playing CoD on PS3, he switched back to xb360. It is just a better service. Period. But if your in a poor broadband region, or simply enjoy SP experiences, your not going to care. your not going to use LIVE fully anyways, so to you ..why pay for it? Plus to you, there is no speed/performance difference anyways.

That is also one of the reasons I laugh at people saying WiiU will fail due to its poor internet sercice. That is not what Nintendo is about. If you stuck LIVE on a SNES, it wouldn’t do much for sales. The games aren’t designed around that principle. It is a non facter, so CoD doesn’t have elite on WiiU…big deal. WiiU still has Mario, good enough.

But again internet bable, all of it. And yes, the irony is that I am sometimes the king of babel lol, like this post, that I had already decided not to write, but obviously wrote anyways. Anyways I have better things to do, I think. If not I am going to go do something and pretend it is better then sitting here writting more babel.

29. Da Man

Few of my all time fav games are from PS2, it had an excellent software library, a relevant gamepad and some of the best devs to back it up. Those two pos hardware were completely warranted purchases.

Also, the day Sony make an X360 I start being their fan.

As for JP games, I think Bayonetta is probably the best videogame this gen.

Christopher, you’re just an idiot tbh :/ More so that it’s 2 am there now..

30. Da Man

And uh, for people lacking reading comprehension at 2 in the morning..

Making an X360 doesn’t mean cloning X720 ;)

31. Christopher Jack

Does it mean making a console with over 1/3rd requiring returns within the first several months? A console with a disk tray that spins almost fast enough to break the sound barrier & with the smallest bump that the speed itself could cause, would kill your disk(happened to my first Halo 3, Gears of War 1 Metro 2033)? A console that costs an RRP of over $60($129 in Australia!) per year just to use the basic online features? And my biggest gripe- a console requiring proprietary crap such as licensed headsets, & much, much worst, the fucking ludicrously priced HDDs that are regular sata ones in a low quality cradle.

Do all my complaints about the X360 mean I hate it? Kind of, but I own one & no longer own a PS3 for the simple fact I could sell my PS3 for multiple times more & I enjoy Halo- not to mention only paying $50 for the console & never paying for Gold.

32. Da Man

They already did, it was called PS2. It means making something refreshing, relevant and adequate.

Funnily enough, PS V is their first well made hardware.. if only it was relevant.

33. Christopher Jack

@32, source. (FYI, for the PS2 failure rate, not the PSV’s relevance).

34. Da Man

Nobody knows failure rates for any system, ever. Silly. Do you have a source for worldwide X360 failure rates during the first months?

Although to refresh the memory,

There were numerous issues with PS2 at launch, from small ones to the machines simply stop working.

Quality. (It’s a Sony)

Best search for ‘clicking noises ps2′.

35. Gadzooks!

Yes, early PS1 and PS2 failure rates were epic. Anecdotally equivalent to 360 failure rates.

But just like MS they sorted the hardware out and failures are now a distant memory. Failure rates are not relevant to Sony’s current financial crisis.

Makes for good a diversion from the thread topic though.

36. monkeygourmet

Sony products lost their allure to me in the early – mid 90s.

Before that I loved their Walkmans / Discmans as they always represented high quality and design.

I did get burnt on Minidisc / UMD etc… Which started to make me realise their other agenda regarding media.

In this day and age though, most tech is being manufactured using similar parts under similar working conditions.

I.e. crack a Sony blu ray player open and it’s the same similar shit as a half price rival. Like everything, your paying for a name.

That name isnt worth squat to me now as I can easily get better elsewhere for cheaper.

This also goes for Vita – 3DS.

They will go round and round in circles trying to push new media formats until they will destroy themselves,

the greedy snake finally eating its own tail…

37. Christopher Jack

@36, The 3DS is barely on the same level as the iPhone 3GS while the Vita is similar to the iPhone 5 just to put the specs in perspective.

@35, Again, you’re comparing your own personal experience as fact. The fact is the PS1 or PS2 failure rates were nowhere near as bad as the X360 before the introduction of the slim. Of course back then there were different problems that have since been remedied.

38. Dragon246

“Yes, early PS1 and PS2 failure rates were epic”
    Yeah, says the ceo of sony hater inc.
    360 has a dedicated wikipedia page just to show how bad the hardware is, THE ONLY CONSOLE to have such a page. You and your fellow ignorant fellows would ignore it, but heres the link-

And yeah, NDF members saying sony has shit hardware sounds laughable. They happily bought 4-5 year old tech in 3ds for 250$ and had no problems, but think vita is overpriced for charging the same money for industry leading handheld tech (most powerful one at launch).
    And then they think sony would go under as “ps brand is declining” cuz the ps3 sold “only 70 m yet”, when ms and ninty have pathetic sales of 20m ltd on their consoles (xbox and gamecube)and still remain in the game.

“Sony products lost their allure to me in the early – mid 90s.”
    Yeah, of course. Cuz at that time sony started beating the shit out of his beloved ninty. I can understand your hatred.

“PS3 is no different. It masquerades itself as high end media equipment (especially on launch), when it’s actually the same (albeit worse in many areas) as the 360 at twice the price.”
    Twice the price. Yeah…..
    Which console has blu-ray?

“This also goes for Vita – 3DS.”
    You really show you are a monkey in your comments.

Sorry haters, sony will stay in business much longer than you think.

39. polygem

@Dragon: what´s going on. i really don´t get it. some of your posts totally make sense….then every once in a while you are coming up with stuff like this. everytime i read stuff like that i get an image of you being a 13 yo with a sony shirt having a ragegasm…
    someone is saying that “sony lost their ALURE TO ME in the mid 90´s” and you make it look like a freaking conspiracy where someone killed sony´s ceo.

40. Christopher Jack

@39, Da Man’s alter ego: Sony lover.

41. OrbitMonkey

@poly, now now poly, I know you & a few members of the NDF Allstars have posted similar rebuttals…

The only difference between *fanboy rant* & *impassioned defence* is personal preference :-P

42. dizzygear

The article on Not Enough Shaders paints a pretty good picture of what is going on at Sony. Its a good read.

43. polygem

@42:

“All in all i do hope they get it together again next gen. I enjoyed their consoles but they really dropped the ball with the PS3 IMO. Too expensive at launch, an exotic CPU that is a pain to code for, removal of the PS2 BC, the other OS debacle, etc, etc…”

i would totally sign this.

@41: i am just sick of being accused, or seeing others being accused of being a fanboy for defending nintendo sometimes for very good reasons. i certainly feel like defending them when dragon and the crew bring up their kids games arguments and stuff. it´s just bs and it needs to be clarified. if you only slightly start to criticize sony, you are of course a fanboy too…when you are having a good word for the 360 controller….guess what. you are a fanboy.
    there indeed is a huge diference: everyone in the so called NDF (i love the term they brought up but it pretty much proves my point perfectly, doesn´t it?) has all the damn consoles. i remeber OG for example praising ps+ several times and criticising 360 A LOT. i know manu is enjoying a lot of ps3 games too as well as 360 and nintendo games…same as me. i use playstations since psx. and i had a walkman when those things came out. sony have been my tech heroes in those days…still i think sony kinda performed bad this gen…compared to the competition. that´s no fanboyism.

(now please don´t tell me your alt is dragon – your alter ego to allow your inner fanboyism full bent)
    ;)

44. dreamcastnews

Look at you all! It’s like a bloody pub full of ‘live for football’ fans….. Grow up! Some people like Sony, some like Microsoft, some like Nintendo. Who gives a shit? Nobody wants to see Sony go under, we need all the competitors in the game so we have choice. I own a Wii, 360 and PS3 from this generation and although the 360 is my primary console, I play the Wii for stuff like Mario and the PS3 for Heavy Rain, Uncharted etc…. Would I turn around and not play one of these games because the PS3 doesn’t happen to be my preference? No. It’d be fucking stupid much like how the childish rants on this site go, it’s like a car crash; I can’t help but look at all the stupid ‘Xbot’ ‘NDF’ ‘Sony Haters’ name calling.

Fanboyism just makes you all sound like you’re schoolkids, we are all mature gamers here who have moved on from the days of 90′s ‘niche hobby’ gaming, just play the games you want to play irrespective of the host system and let others play what they choose to.

VG24/7 really need a system like Eurogamer where users can rate comments so bullshit like ‘fanboyism’ can be hidden without wisecracking and poor attempts at humour as reprisal.

45. monkeygourmet

Forum Nazi detected… :)

Just make more comments, then ignore other ones.

As much as you think people are fan boys, decent speculation and points are raised. It would be pretty boring forum wise if we all owned every console and dared not criticise anything.

As poly said, most of the ‘NDF’ (or are we xbots in this article?) own all 3 main consoles and maybe 1 or 2 handhelds too. You throw around the term fanboy when most of us just like new tech.

Your the only ‘fanboy’ in this scenario.

As for Xbox having RROD issues, a lot of people (like me) got their console replaced by MS for free with a free points card as an apology. My other 360 that Broke, I purchased a slim one second hand, it wouldn’t have effected new sales. Lots of people would have done this, you don’t just replace with a new console every time…

Same cant be said for the service when my PS3 had the yellow light of death:

There service and replacement was shit. I had to pay £145 then they gave me back a console and removed the backwards compatibility.

I’m just giving you true accounts of my experiences with the PS3, care to share some of the experiences you’ve had with 360 or Wii? If you don’t own a console, how can you comment on it without bias?

46. Da Man

Grunt246, you weren’t even born when PS2 launched. Go away or I’ll create a dedicated Wikipedia page about you.

47. Da Man

That^

is yet another ignorant theory from the resident Sony fanboy. They were very very near. The first batch of PS2s were utter shite, and there was also the issue ridden slim ps2.

Disc drive died on numerous customers. The laser became misaligned and console started making those weird sounds, skipping videos, failing to read dvd movies and finally dying in agony.

PS2 durability was exactly the same as the early 360s. Only difference was that 360s just stopped working altogether while PS2 disc drive became unusable, effectively rendering the whole console dead.

Internet just wasn’t as full of idiotic people posting walls of text in every comment section. There vey few websites compared to today and the community was very small.

X360S durability isn’t even close to disastrous pre 2008 models or ps2.

The fact is that you’re talking shit :/ (Both at 2 am and at 2 pm)

48. Christopher Jack

@48, You seem to know so much for someone who can’t prove a damn thing.
    Here is a formal survey by a warranty service provider that at least shows the X360s abysmal failure rate https://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_Xbox360_PS3_Wii_Reliability_0809.pdf
    Now if you can prove the PS2 & PSOne were just as bad(one of the reasons you have claimed why you hate the PS3), I’d shut my trap.

49. Da Man

As I said you can’t ‘prove’ it. How old are you?

Have you seen the search results for ps2 disc drive issues? If you combine all of those (problems), yes it is basically the same as rrod.

50. Da Man

I ‘know so much’ because I had the pleasure of manually tweaking that laser with a screwdriver. Managed to play one more year that way.

51. Christopher Jack

Comparing number of search results? On a console that’s been out for 6 years prior!?!? That’s the most intelligent way I’ve ever heard on how to settle a debate, bravo! Seriously! You my friend, are a genius!

@51, & 10 out of 10 of my 360 gaming friends had something go wrong with their consoles- therefore 100% failure rate! No one I know have ever had anything wrong with their PS2- therefore 0% failure rate!

Your reasoning is pathetic.

52. Da Man

I’m not comparing numbers of search results, tool

I’m comparing disc drive problems.

53. monkeygourmet

@Chris

I couldn’t find figures but we know consoles failed so what’s the issue?

This was on Wikipedia, so it’s obvious the PS1 & 2 had failiure issues:

“A class action lawsuit was filed against Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. on July 16, 2002, in the Superior Court of California, County of San Mateo. The lawsuit addresses consumer reports of inappropriate “no disc error” (disc read error) messages and other problems associated with playing DVDs and CDs on the PlayStation 2.
    Sony settled its “disc read error” lawsuit by compensating the affected gamers with USD $25, a free game from a specified list, and the reduced cost repair or replacement (at SCEA’s discretion) of the damaged system. This settlement was subject to the courts’ approval, and hearings began in the US and Canada on April 28, 2006, and May 11, 2006, respectively.”

54. Christopher Jack

@54, I know the PS2 & PSOne has their issues, I’m just being a jackarse to the jackarse who seems to see it as some sort of moral victory. My point simply is that they weren’t as bad as this genius is crying on about. I think its time Da Man let his anger go, it’s seriously beyond pathetic how you enter every thread complaining about how Sony raped you.

@53- By search results!

55. monkeygourmet

Right, I’ll let you both continue then! :)

56. Da Man

#52 I wasn’t saying because I had issues it means a certain percent of failure rate,

I told you why I know all that, obviously you never opened that piece of shit.

Again, the console didn’t die but the disc drive became useless. Dres, misaligned laser, laser voltage.

57. Da Man

#55 I never compared it that way, I just advised you to look it up since you seem to know nothing (or likely, deny it) about those.

Come back to me at 5 in the morning and tell me about anger management.

58. Christopher Jack

I googled ‘playstation disc read error’ & ‘xbox disc read error’, got around 50% more results with xbox- we both know that means nothing so what’s your point?

59. Da Man

Right, which is why I advised you the aforementioned, Einstein. From the usual Dres through the manual voltage tweaks.

My point is about you saying rrods largely exceeded percentage of failed dvd-roms on pS2. Keep tricking yourself.

60. Christopher Jack

@60, But what’s your overall point? Does it matter?

61. Da Man

#61

It matters in the sense that regardless of ‘percentage’ both are utter shit.

62. Christopher Jack

@62, Then why do you choose to generally only attack one brand?

63. Da Man

#63

Also I really prefer consoles dying fast and immediate as opposed to months of agony with alien sounds. Originally, when that happened with Smackdown Here Comes The Pain I thought the disc was touching the drive or something. It was just a really annoying hardware.

64. Christopher Jack

I was forbidden from playing my 360 at night because it would keep the entire house awake, my PS3 got bad at points but never sounded like it was going to launch off the ground.

65. Da Man

I was shocked to find out the X360S disc drive is just as loud.

It ‘s as if I’m playing with a weed whacker in the background.

66. Dragon246

@MG
    For your reading pleasure, see the Reliability part of ps3 wiki article. It is far less severe than RROD.
    “Your the only ‘fanboy’ in this scenario.”
    Yeah, when did I use that word in my comment. Replying without reading eh?

And poly, want a link back for your defences of ninty?
    Facts dude. If its ranting, then prove that anything of what I stated was erroneous. I will gladly accept it. Your definition of fanboyism is anything against ninty or halo and anything in favour of sony. I can see how my comment will be seen by you like a rant, and not the uninformed things your fellow ndf members post.

And yeah, I love how poly and mg have idealistic opinions of them having every console and others having nothing. Keep spreading your ignorant views dudes.

@47,
    I wont go away. So you are free to make a wiki page on me. Its time you acted on what you say.
    And fyi, 4chan and wikipedia arent same sites.

I read that article a while ago while visiting vgchartz. Its a good read.
    But do you know what Michael Dell said when he was asked how steve jobs can revive a floundering apple? He said jobs should shut it down.
    For me the biggest problem for them was a foreign chief in a japanese conglomerate. He was unable to extend his influence on japanese branches on sony.

67. Da Man

Careful or you’ll rrod.

68. monkeygourmet

Im honestly baffled by your stubbornness. It’s okay to be critical of something you own, it doesn’t mean I hate it.

I honestly hope Sony sorts it’s shit out but judging by their huge consistent string of mistakes it doesn’t look likely.

PS3, Home, Vita etc.. Have all been handled with typical arrogance brought on by assuming this gen would just be a repeat of the PS2 success.

Facts are, the markets changed and Sony’s stubbornness to move with the times could cost them.

Look at the title of this article, it’s not looking good my friend.

As for RROD and reliability, of course PS3 is better than 360, but it’s not exactly perfect. I’ve gone through 1 PS3 and 2 360′s, but considering I play the 360 a lot more it’s not surprising. The PS3 only gets wheeled out for exclusives.

How are these views ignorant by the way? Everything can be backed up by facts regarding Sony’s continuing struggle and bad decisions…

69. polygem

no need for a link, i said i defended nintendo against you and your crew pissing all over it saying they are irrelevant for gaming, only nintendo fans and fat moms do care, not real gamers because they do not produce real games anymore, only kids games, shovelware, wii´s collecting dust blablablablabla. again: you only hear what you wanna hear and i am sure if we talk with each other a year from now you will be able to see things a bit different yourself. call me arrogant now if ya like.
    how many fucking times do you want me to tell you that i freaking love jak and daxter but don´t like the dualshock pad? that i love halo but hate the ads ms is forcing me to watch. that i love mario but…well i seriously cannot find many bad things about nintendo…because i honestly don´t think the wii needed xchat or great online or anything like that. call me a fanboy now if ya like. i don´t care anymore.

70. Dragon246

“Others were throwing the term around again, I just directed at you as you’re a great example. ”
    Says the guy who is blindly optimistic about wiiu, a console not even released. Thats what a fanboy does.
    And remember the pie you will give me on new years.
    “Grunt246, for someone constantly citing 4chan as an example you surely have a sarcasm disc drive of their quality.

Careful or you’ll rrod.”
    Do you know what you are saying? Improve your english. Your english is worse than a 5th grader.

71. polygem

being optimistic about a console which hasn´t been released makes you a fanboy?
    aha ok….i would call that a passion for gaming.

72. Dragon246

Missed the word “blindly” eh?

And can you provide me a link where I said ninty is for kids or irrelevant to gaming?

73. Gekidami

“well i seriously cannot find many bad things about nintendo…because i honestly don´t think the wii needed xchat or great online or anything like that.”
    ^ Shit like this makes you a fanboy.

74. Da Man

Grunt246, are you for real and did you notify parents that you created this account?

75. Dragon246

“Probably because of the atmosphere. Besides I didn’t have the chance to comment on Rrods that much.”
    That proves that you dont know shit about what you talk. Always going with the “atmosphere” like DaTrolls do.

Double standards. But its ninty, so its alright, nuff said.

76. Da Man

^Just keep on crying in every Sony related article while simultaneously ignoring any MS/Nintendo/Acer/Benq/whatever.

Tell us more about double standards and atmosphere.

77. polygem

dragon: not nuff said. you said nothing. geki: your comment proves shit. does that make you a shitboy now?

78. Da Man

Grunt246, finish the fight.

I could make a list of MS related products I find poor. Can you say anything negative about the precious?

79. monkeygourmet

@Dragon

I’ve made a lot of bets with you, care to remind me so I don’t have to trawl through articles?

Blindly optimistic?

There’s nothing blind about it.

It’s a new style of gaming, it’s affordable (to me), it’s got great launch games, I’m very interested in Nintendo network, I love couch multiplayer.

All these things are true.

Compare that to the PS3 launch.

Over priced, launch games were worse than 360 games, Bluray drive no one wanted.

The question is:

If Sony went bust and stopped making Playstation products, would you quit gaming altogether?

You act as if you would and that’s very sad. If you enjoy gaming you should be able to enjoy any console. Your loyalties limit your outlook, but hey, it’s your choice.

Also, is Geki your alt account so you can agree with yourself?

80. Dragon246

As you have much time for trolling, you can visit vita and studios shutting pages and see my comments. Unlike DaTrolls and NDF, I can point out any company, not going with the atmosphere.

Continue on.

81. Da Man

Grunt246, fact is you never ever criticized your shitty precious oriental company.

Oh, much time you say? You mean like you do, with these defensive whiny little essays daily?

If you never went with the atmosphere, then you would react equally to MS or Nintendo dissing, which you never do. Instead, you sit there and type even more shitty flamings like the little troll you are.

True story.

82. Dragon246

Considering how NDF stays together, I think all your accounts belong to a single ninty guy.

A lineup which contains ports of games released months ago. Amazing lineup indeed.
    Although 23 games at launch is a good start.

83. Dragon246

DaTroll states the fact, news to me.
    “shitty precious oriental company”
    Which one? DaTrolls incorporated?

84. Da Man

Grunt246, just keep on quoting posts in isolation, posting shitty defensive paragraphs and accusing anyone who isn’t a Sony fanboy.

Then tell me about trolls and that 4chan which you regularly visit.

85. OlderGamer

Pretty much what Poly said, good posting bud.

86. lexph3re

This Site just goes in cycles…. Officially gone to the shitter

87. OrbitMonkey

^ The site is fine, the forumites just need a little fresh meat ;-)

88. OlderGamer

What we all need the most is a next generation of hardware and games.

89. polygem

@88: nah come on…sure it is repetitive a bit. we are at the end of this console gen, so discussions become a bit like how they have been when it started. just natural.

(we gotta thank nintendo for the 3ds and wiiu….otherwise we´d have nothing new to talk about…ooops. sorry)

@og: thx

;)

Edit: ha, just saw your last post after i dropped mine. so yea, definiteley need new gen.

90. Lounds

Oh people going on about build quality. The same could be said for laptops i.e. PC v Mac.

But I used to be a Mac hater because I saw that my PC did the same things for a much lower price. I recently got given a Macbook air from work and I can honestly say the build quality is second to none and the OS is so simple and intuitive, there’s no nonsense on Mac OSX, on Windows I always feel I have to make it work. The only reason I have a PC is for gaming.

PS3 hasn’t failed it’s just over shadowed by the success of the PS2, and I’m sure if the DC didn’t die so quick the PS2 might of not grown as fast as it did. TBH Sony got luck with there timing of release of the system, but the library of games is crazy and in years to come it will still be known as the best gaming console to have ever been made fact.

91. monkeygourmet

SNES says hello

92. Dragon246

True

ps2- 160m
    snes-41m

93. Da Man

#93 – True dat. Mega Drive, PSX and Nes too.

#94 – CoD Blops 16 million, FF X – 6 million. Tool246.

94. monkeygourmet

He said ‘best’ gaming console, not most sales

95. OrbitMonkey

My favorite is my penis. I play with it everyday, it never gets boring. Sure I guess it’s not as shiny as it used to be, but it hasn’t broken yet & the control system is so intuitive!

Oh you guys ain’t masturbating? Certainly seems like it to me :-/

96. polygem

fact is: my penis is much better than yours. it´s always on and has the most exclusives. if you think i am wrong: prove it.

97. OrbitMonkey

Oh no! I’m not starting a cockfight! This thread is already hard to swallow, it doesn’t need anymore inches!

98. lexph3re

I hate my penis… he’s a filthy mess sweating everyday throwing up when I don’t want him to. And don’t get me started on his rude methods of waking me up in the morning.

99. daytripper

I found the PS2 without GTA and Pro Evolution Soccer to be pretty useless, found the PS1 to be a more enjoyable experience due to the array of games that suited my tastes same as the incredible SNES

100. Dragon246

@Orbit
    Your comments arent as funny as you think, taking the useless “holier than thou” approach.