Just Dance 4: Gangnam Style DLC incoming – you cannot escape

Friday, 19th October 2012 11:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Just Dance 4 is getting the song Gangnam Style by Korean rapper Psy as DLC. Chances are you’ve heard of it?

The track, which has accumulated over 490 million You Tube views – for some reason – is a worldwide smash. Rapper Psy commented on the deal with Ubisoft, “Gangnam Style and Just Dance 4, I can’t wait to see all the YouTube videos”

Indeed. It’s releasing for Just Dance 4 at some point in November. If you haven’t heard it, watch this:

1. jayc4life

The shark has well and truly been jumped with this now. A year from now I can imagine this PSY dude sitting on his fat stacks of money while teenagers look back at their iTunes download histories and wonder how they ever spent their money on this dollop.

2. Dave Cook

Utter dreck, I agree.

3. Sylrissa

I remember when my friend first linked me to this video, I found it quirky, just another weird youtube video, but then I moved on and forgot about it.

What I wasn’t expecting was a short while later, the world would explode with news about some silly youtube video, I mean really?.

Good luck to the guy, he’s no doubt made off like a bandit thanks to this song, but it’s not for me.

4. Ireland Michael

In this thread: People who simply can’t enjoy life.

5. Sylrissa

I never said I hated the song, it’s decent enough, just not my style and I don’t get what all the hype is about.

6. Ireland Michael

@5 It’s catchy, stupid and silly. It’s something to have a laugh about. It’s not meant to be taken seriously.

7. Erthazus

497884784 views on youtube?

O_o

and this is the first time i saw this video lol.

8. Ireland Michael

@7 Yup. And it probably won’t be the last.

9. Sylrissa

Agreed. Which is why I called it quirky and silly, I got a laugh out of it when I watched it, but that doesn’t mean I get why it’s gotten so many views in only 3 months.

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Because it’s funny and catchy and it something people can enjoy together.

11. polygem

i have seen the face of this guy in the internets but never followed what it´s all about. i don´t watch tv anyway (@4: i rather enjoy life). i missed out on this completeley and i am very thankfull for that.

12. ArithonUK

Compared to the manufactured dross being served up by the record industry, this single is pure gold.
    If you want to suffer, try Dubstep or Bieber.

13. Dave Cook

@10 people have different tastes. It’s not that we’re all soul-less, joyless husks incapable of feeling.

I say it’s wank because that’s why I genuinely feel.

14. Da Man

Lots of latent insecurity detected.

Edit – poor video is poor.

15. Sylrissa

Exactly. Music is an extremely subjective topic, one persons favorite song can make another persons ears bleed.

16. Psychotext

First time I saw this I knew it was going to be huge. I don’t know why, it just had “something”. Plus, on the bright side I like it… unlike similar style hits such as the Macarena in the past.

17. Ireland Michael

@13 People also love to hate things out of a sense of contrived apathy and / or a need to dismiss anything even remotely popular.

You should know this better than anyone. You’re a Call of Duty fan.

18. monkeygourmet

It’s the same as millions of other foreign muic tracks, it’s just gone viral that’s all.

It is shit though, you can’t really argue that.

Christ, turn on German / Swedish MTV, half the tracks are like this.

My favourite was Gunther’s ‘My Ding Ding Dong’, google it! :)

19. freedoms_stain

I dunno how you can’t love Gangnam Style.

A Korean pop record becomes an internet meme and goes on to become a number 1 selling record in the West. It’s just a fucking hilarious situation.

This is coming from a guy whose normal listening habits tend not to include anything that isn’t heavily guitar driven.

Lets face it, it’s catchy as fuck, the video is hilarious and the Korean ladies are damned sexy.

20. Da Man

It is shit though, you can’t really argue that.
    Well put.

21. Sylrissa

isn’t it like the guys 6th album and he’s been in the music industry for 10 years or so?, so “it’s just gone viral that’s all.” does seem rather fitting.

22. monkeygourmet

They do, but sometimes things are actually shit.

23. Ireland Michael

@22 Thankfully, millions upon millions of people in the world have a sense of humour and aren’t cynical, jaded wankers, and completely disagree with you. We’ll be busy enjoying ourselves while the rest of you are moaning about how shit everything else.

24. polygem

@17: i am a halo fan, i love mario too. very mainstram stuff. i watched this for a minute now…..it is ubershit. i´d definiteley prefer günther. it´s not funny. it is depressingly shit that people find it funny imho.

25. Dave Cook

@17 Let me flip that on you then. Millions and millions of people play Call of Duty each year and love it. Just like millions of people love Gangnam style.

This is a democracy, we like what we like and I’m fine with that. If you’re not, then that’s your own personal issue you should deal with.

(Leaves conversation)

26. monkeygourmet

Because this song is the only way to enjoy yourself?! lol

My friend DJ’s at a local club, he told me some young girl asked for this song as a request the other day. He put the track on, it bombed and cleared the dance floor.

He then put some good music on and people enjoyed that.

There’s so much of this desperate attention whoring shit out their at the moment, you must be in hogs heaven! :)

X Factor, Big Brother, it all falls under the same umbrella for me.

27. Sylrissa

Do people whine and moan for little to no reason?, sure sometimes they do, But you’re getting to the point of “oh no, someone doesn’t like what I like on the internet”

As I said earlier, music is very subjective, and someone liking or disliking a certain song or even music genre, doesn’t make them lack enjoyment in life.

28. Ireland Michael

@24 Of course it is. Because people don’t think what you consider shit as also being shit, they’re clearly ignorant and stupid. It’s so bloody depressing that people like something you don’t.

Egos are hilarious.

@25 I have absolutely no idea what your point is. Some of my best friends play Call of Duty. I think it’s shit, but I’m not going to bemoan them for playing it.

@26 The guy wrote the song and made the video himself. It’s actually a satirical piece about Korean society and it’s spiralling debt crisis. It’s also received more hits and exposure in weeks than most of this other “fads” were able to muster in years.

29. monkeygourmet

Doesn’t bemoan friends playing call of duty

Goes on almost every call of duty article to troll the game

30. Sylrissa

Then why are you bemoaning people for disliking a song?.

If people dislike this song, that’s fine,
    If people like this song, that is also fine.

31. mojo

relevant

32. Da Man

#29 – Indeed.

You can sell the biggest pilling steams of shit you want, and people will still buy it simply because it’s the only thing they’ve been exposed to and they don’t possess the mental capacity to appreciate anything of higher quality.

33. G1GAHURTZ

LOL!!!

Return of the deluded one!

What was that then?

34. Ireland Michael

@29 The only “criticism” I’ve levelled at Call of Duty recently was that the zombie mode wasn’t going to be what they claimed it was. I’ve given up on CoD bitching because…. newflash… I agreed with the assessment people were making of my behaviour and got over myself. I’ve been criticising MoH a lot more.

I’m criticising the game now, not the people. Because like I said, you were right.

@30 I’m bemoaning people of being whiny, miserable asses who simply can’t enjoy things and feel the need to ruin it for everyone else with their miserable attitude.

@33 “So… All that talk about CoD and 14 year old kids… Basement dwellers… Comparing CoD to Lady Gaga…

What was that then?”

Me being stuck up myself and letting my personal opinions drive my ego, and tarring everyone with the same brush.

Opinions change. Newsflash.

35. polygem

people can like what they want, but i have every right to say i do not like that song/style/whatever it is and it indeed makes me sad that the masses can be moved this easily for something that is (in my eyes) clearly trash…if you think that makes me an egocentric prick without humour, that´s fine but it all sounds like you are taking this all too serious. maybe you should stop looking up this nonsense and find some real laughs.

“The guy wrote the song and made the video himself. It’s actually a satirical piece about Korean society and it’s spiralling debt crisis. It’s also received more hits and exposure in weeks than most of this other “fads” were able to muster in years.”

and this is clearly the hype train fake story behind it….now it is a political action….yea right. does he give the money to welfare or will he buy himself some of those fancy cars that are in his videos instead? don´t believe that shit man.

36. Da Man

Ghz, he’s basically saying that he doesn’t really think anything on any subject.

Besides you can easily find the same from a month ago.

37. Ireland Michael

@35 I never said it was political action. I said it was satire. He’s taken the piss out of the lifestyle of a place in Korea. People spending money they don’t have to live a high life they can’t afford.

38. Sylrissa

Well said and I agree that people can like whatever they like.

How is having a personal opinion on a song “ruining it for everyone else”, this everyone else is allowed to like it all they want, I just won’t.

For example, I really dislike CoD, but my partner enjoys it and that is great for her, because news flash, we don’t all like the same games/music/movies etc.

Life would be awfully boring if we did.

39. polygem

@37: they do that everywhere in the western world and it´s depressing, because we can do this only on the backs of the poor.
    all what this guy is doing for a change is: he himself wil be able to buy stuff with money that he has.
    this is not making all this more relevant or funny…just…more depressing.

40. polygem

let me get this straight. the gangnam guy is an evil fucker. a lady gaga in disguise. do not buy his shit anymore.
    ;)

41. silkvg247

Kudos to Psy, he’s been in the industry ages and finally made it big.

As for the song itself, I like it. I think anything that makes my friends stand up and make a dick of themselves is a great thing indeed.

I also dislike COD so I know what it’s like to dislike something that the majority do like.

42. G1GAHURTZ

@Da Man:

Yeah, I find it very difficult to believe that this leopard can change it’s spots so quickly.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see…

43. ManuOtaku

I havent seen the video and probably i wont do it, i dont watch you tube, and neither twiter or facebook for that matter, maybe i will watch it if it was a heavy metal/rock song, but seeing this thread that is neither of those i will pass, good to the people that enjoy it and good for the people that didnt, that is what different tastes are for, imagine if we all like the same, we all will be fighting to death for the same flavored ice cream

44. monkeygourmet

For the record, the best flavour Ice Cream is pistachio! :D

45. ManuOtaku

#44 LOL monkey , i prefer the hagen dazs belgium chocolote, iam a very chocolate fan in everything, from desert to sweets related of course :)
    p.s or the tiramisu, thats also a great hagen flavor ice cream

46. monkeygourmet

I can’t find Pistachio Ice Cream in the UK :(

Just googled how to make it, FAR too much work!

There’s about 1 gazillion chocolate type flavours so you would be very happy! :)

47. ManuOtaku

Yep \o/

48. polygem

i totally agree! pistachio is the best ice cream ever. i ALWAYS choose pistachio. i am also a vanilla guy…

also great for multitaste combinations these two.

49. friendlydave

@46 Man I wish I couldn’t find Pistachio ice cream in the UK! Stuff is pure evil.

50. polygem

:D

51. Kuwabara

awesome beat and elevator scene, thats why its good. dnt care about the dance moves

52. Da Man

Ghz, leopard? More like internet March cat..