Silent Hill: Book of Memories shots accompany US release

Wednesday, 17th October 2012 16:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Silent Hill: Book of Memories was released yesterday in the US for Vita, and to celebrate, Komani has released a batch of screenshots. Those who prefer to eschew retail. can download the cooperative multiplayer RPG from the PlayStation Store through their Vita. The game arrives in Europe in November, and a demo is available now for you to try. Have another look at the launch trailer below.

1. Se_7_eN

Had this been a REAL Silent Hill game, I would have bought a Vita… But no.

Also @ VG247, please get rid of the “More from VG247″ and “More from the Web” bars. THANKS!

2. Nath_gamer

Well Se_7_eN if you had actually played the demo of this game on I dunno your friends Vita or something, it’s actually just as good if not better than most other Silent Hill games of consoles. I played just 15mins of the demo and I was hooked, it’s the perfect game for the Vita, I mean sure a normal Silent Hill game on Vita like Downpour would be cool but you can’t go past this one for Horror fuelled fun!

3. aimei11

hello,This is a wholesaler’s web site.

Items, fashion, and: popular personality.

Product quality,commodity price is absolutely!

Always deeply overseas friends love and support.

Please stop you progress in your choice so, need!!!!!

4. osric90

@2 So Downpour is a normal Silent Hill game for you. That says a lot.

5. Nath_gamer

@4 I was saying in terms of game-play, Why do people say Downpour is bad? I have played most of them, what would you use as an example Silent Hill 2? fine whatever you want.

6. CycloneFox

I played and finished all Silent Hill games (SH, SH2, SH3, SH4: The Room, SH: Origins, SH: Homecoming, SH: Shattered Memories, SH: Downpour) and now the demo.
    SH2 is still my favourite of course, but I also don’t hate the later SH-games including SH4 for example, which had a great soundtrack and atmosphere, but was the most frustrating one towards the end of the game. If you really want a survival horror game with limited resources and all, this is the perfect game for you.
    In my opinion the series should have gone more into the direction of Shattered Memories, but instead it tries to repoduce something like Silent Hill 2. Downpour is a good Silent Hill game, maybe even one of the top three or something and alot of things in this game remind you of SH2. They even tried to use images of the protagonists psyche as in SH2 for the new monsters. But the problem is, the game still lacks in what is really important about SH2. I think maybe only a japanese development team could really reinterpret, what Silent Hill is all about. At least, character-design, music and story should be japan-made again.

Now as you know, what I think about the series, let’s head for the demo. I enjoyed it. I didn’t expect a story driven silent hill, but a dungeon crawler with the Silent Hill setting. But it started with a nice sequence, after character creation, anyway introducing what it is all about. I like that idea of the book of memories and it was cool to see the mail man from Downpour again. The game plays really smooth and the weapon hit effects are satisfying. It is also a great idea, to have these decision rooms in the dungeons, when playing in single-player. It could really become interesting in the full version.