Dead Space 3 video shows off Limited Edition goodies

Wednesday, 17th October 2012 16:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dead Space 3 has a new video showing off the Limited Edition of the game.

Those who pre-order the Limited Edition get an instant upgrade to their arsenal in the mission defeat the Necromorph plague. It contains the insulated Witness Suit which will keep players warm when exploring Tau Volantis’ harsh terrain,and the Evangelizer can be equipped to dole out punishment of the best kind – it’s a heavy-duty assault rifle and shotgun combination.

The First Contact Suit, also included, is built for “long-term space exposure” and players will also receive the Negotiator, a Tesla-powered “instrument,” perfect for “organic tissue dismemberment.” Nice.

Dead Space launches on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in February.

1. RandomTiger

Wouldn’t true survival horror fans want something to make it more challenging rather than easier?

2. Telepathic.Geometry

It won’t matter to me, because I’m just gonna pre-order it anyway, but I hate this modern trend of there being a half dozen variations of the game, depending on what shop you used, or if you’re rich or not. Fuck off, ust put all the same content in the game you buy at retail. And stop the nickel and diming.

A lot of the DS 2 DLC was just horse armour. Programmer probably spent a day putting it together, 98% of which time was spent fiddling with the colour palette on the suit skin, 1% spent on changing the suit stat numbers in the code, and 1% brewing coffee.

Disgraceful.

3. Se_7_eN

Lol @ the music and “action” this is sad…

Also @ VG247, please get rid of the “More from VG247″ and “More from the Web” bars. THANKS!

4. Mike W

I’m still going to get the game, but that trailer was really bad.

5. absolutezero

why?

If you think it looks bad from something that is actively trying to get you to buy it then why buy it?

6. Mike W

Because it was a bad trailer…….period. There was nothing in that trailer that move me at all and the Limited edition doesn’t even seems like is worth the extra money, if EA even charges us an extra fee for the DLC included with it. Sorry to hurt your feelings if my opinion does agree with yours. To answer your other the question, I have all of the dead space games and I’m a fan of the series.

7. absolutezero

What?

8. Mike W

Come on bro, stop being fucking stupid. If you didn’t understand what I just wrote to you, I don’t know what to tell your stupid ass.

9. Mike

His donkey isn’t stupid.

10. Gekidami

Just some DLC? Pretty cheap for a “Limited” edition. Where’s the swag?!

11. absolutezero

I love you morriss.

12. DSB

How smart is a donkey?

13. psxman

@10 I was thinking the same thing. DS2, we got a (kinda tacky) Plasma Cutter, soundtrack, little art card and some other non-essentials.

The goodies here seem to be completely virtual and there’s not a great deal of them there.

I think I might give this hype train a miss and catch the ‘Spontaneous Purchase’ bus.