Skyrim ‘Dragonborn’ DLC contains dragon mounts, Morrowind area – report

Tuesday, 16th October 2012 11:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Skyrim: Dragonborn is the next DLC pack from Bethesda, according to players who have accessed the game’s update files. The files point to a Morrowind location, dragon mounts and more.

OXM reports that gamers mined the update for clues as to the next DLC pack, and found repeated references to ‘Dragonborn’ and ‘DLC2′ among the file names.

Here’s a sampler:
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
$Dragonborn Quests Completed Dragonborn Quests Completed
$DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

Dragon mount files were also uncovered:

Update.bsa\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
DragonMountedDualMagic.txt
DragonMountedDualStaff.txt
DragonMountedMLhSolo.txt
DragonMountedMLhStaff.txt
DragonMountedMRhSolo.txt
DragonMountedMRhSolo_ShieldOrTorch.txt
DragonMountedMRhStaff.txt

There are also new quests that take place in the locations Solstheim, Telvanni, Castle Karstaag, Raven Rock and Miraak Temple, as well as new armour types.

The Solstheim reference is significant, as it is an island located northwest of Vvardenfell and east of Skyrim, and it is where many of the Dumner fled following an Argonian invasion.It may not be Morrowind proper, but it’s a start.

The leak comes after Zenimax registered trademark files for ‘Dragonborn’ in reference to DLC software.

1. Ireland Michael

This would go along to explaining the existence of the overly detailed heightmap in the game. Most of the Tamriel continent in mapped out already in the game files. It just doesn’t have any detail.

Always been big into the Elder Scrolls lore. If we get to go to some of the previous game’s locations, that would be great.

2. Panou

Best news of the day ♥

3. UuBuU

Ugh. So not only are they pandering to the morons who kept asking for dragon mounts, but they’re also going to taint the memory of Morrowind with Skyrim’s dumbed down gameplay.

4. Bomba Luigi

Sounds good to me, I very like Skyrim. I don’t think its as good as Morrowind, And I can understand that some People have their Problems with Skyrim, but its still a very good Game, better than most other Games today.

Still have to do a seond Playthrough, but I wait for Bethesda to finish with the DLCs to play them all at once. That will maybe take some Time.

5. Deacon

yet more content that won’t make it to PS3 ? ; \

6. Hcw87

Sounds like it’s gonna be a pretty big expansion, so i very much doubt the PS3 will get it any time soon.

7. Dave Cook

@5 & 6 the update notes above make mention of PS3 :)

There may be hope yet.

8. CPC_RedDawn

I play on both PC and PS3 and the PS3 version is a joke, as we all know. The frame rate drops to single digits multiple times making aiming a complete mess. Loading times are insane, takes nearly half a minute just to load a small house!!

I am sure you know this already, but why have they not gone to Sony and asked them for help? Why did they release it in the stat its STILL in even after months of small patches and “fixes”?

If they could of just got it to run at a steady 25-30fps and got the loading times down a little it would have been fine.

9. Ireland Michael

@8 It’s not Sony’s job to fix other people’s poor coding and design.

10. Moonwalker1982

You still gotta wonder why this happens to alot of developers though. Lots of multiplatform games are simply better on 360. Sometimes minor differences, sometimes big differences.

11. Edo

Interesting…

12. OrbitMonkey

Will it come with Dragon armour? ;-)

13. SlayerGT

@7 Dave I wish you’re right. After 200 hrs I’ve had to walk away from Skyrim. It hurts but it’s become an unejoyable experience. Its my most disappointing game this gen..only because I was looking so forward to it. I even bought the limited edition plus the 40 dollar soundtrack. I kinda wish I could return it :/

14. monkeygourmet

No, but there will be ‘Dog Armour’! :)

15. OrbitMonkey

^ Dogmeat could have done with some of that in fallout 3 :-D

16. Edo

@13 “After 200 hrs I’ve had to walk away from Skyrim”…huh,that’s certainly a substantial amount of time one needed to figure out something is that much disapponiting.

17. SlayerGT

@16 It is a lot of time but not being able to finish the game after so much invested..it just sucks. I kind of wish had not even played it at all.

18. monkeygourmet

Yes! :D

My canine companion died all to easy on my play through of Fallout 3!

19. Dragon246

I aint letting someone ride on my back unless I get a substantial cut for dlc sales :P

20. zinc

I reckon we’ll see flying pig mounts, before this arrives on the PS3 :-/

21. Nath_gamer

@10 I always thought it was the other way around. I have Skyrim on PS3 and have played it on both PC and xbox, and I gotta say I can’t go past the PS3 version, it never lags up for me, and it just makes for a better game experience overall. I do know that it is problematic for other people I know that a lot of people will disagree with me right now but none of that matters, the fact is that some people like myself actually do prefer the PS3 version over all others.

22. Kuwabara

i’m more likely to take an arrow to the knee than play this on my ps3..

23. InvalidToken

While it’s not Sony’s job to help with Skyrim DLCs, back in Sept, Bethesda has announced it was working ‘closely’ with Sony to get the DLCs onto the platform.

#23 1 year ago