Sleeping Dogs first story DLC due this month, includes zombies

Monday, 15th October 2012 01:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sleeping Dogs will receive its first major story-driven expansion this month, with the Nightmare in North Point pack.

The new DLC is due on October 30, according to Kotaku, and will be horror-themed; the site compared it to Red Dead Redemption’s Undead Nightmare.

“With the DLC, we feel we can explore other aspects of Hong Kong cinema,” United Front members apparently said during the panel, which should please fans of eastern horror.

Polygon had a few more details; the campaign tells the story of a former Triad member who is killed and resurrected along with an undead army.

Wei Shen counters possessed Triads with his new lightning fists ability, granted by a magical tea, and fights off traditional Chinese zombies with a peach wood sword.

The new DLC was not priced; it joins a number of packs released this month for the open world action effort.

1. El_MUERkO

Sweeet!

Fuppin love Sleeping Dogs.

2. Takeshi

No, no, no!! Why zombies? Always zombies! If not zombies then bloody vampires! Am I the only one getting seriously tired of this trend? I wanted some more good written stories from Sleeping Dogs? Perhaps something that happened a few months after the game, or stories like ME’s Leviathan that happened in the middle of the game.

Maybe if it’s getting good reviews I’ll pick it up, but this definitely isn’t the kind of story-driven DLC I was hoping for.

3. Christopher Jack

@2, Always has been zombies. Why? Because they’re broadly appealing. If it weren’t zombies, it would be aliens but that would be harder to fit into a game such as this. I certainly haven’t gotten far enough to know if there have been any interesting branches of the story that they could have expanded upon because the combat is too fast paced & I had deeply cut one of my fingers.

4. Nath_gamer

I’m still trying to make up my mind if I want to spend my time and money playing this game, after I played the demo I was left with feelings of mediocre-ness and reminds me of other games like Stranglehold and Uncharted both of which are better games.
    Still the game did feel a lot better than Saints Row The Third, and I regrettably bought that game and only played it twice. It’s still on my shelf collecting dust.

5. Christopher Jack

Saints row the 3rd was a game i had to push myself to complete, didn’t hate it but it just didn’t have that wow factor SR2 had.

6. NeoSquall

ATTENTION SPOILER:

Zombie Jackie?!?

7. Dragon246

For what its worth, they are not zombies, as commented by SE marketing manager on eurogamer.

8. Nath_gamer

@5 I agree except I didn’t like Saints Row 2 even more, therefore I didn’t buy it.