Mon, Oct 15, 2012 | 15:45 BST
Mass Effect 3 Wii U dev working on triple-a Square-Enix port
Mass Effect 3 is being ported to Wii U by Australian studio Straight Right, and the internet has unearthed another porting job by he studio – a triple-a title from Square-Enix? Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Hitman: Absolution? Tomb Raider? Final Fantasy 13? Place your bets below.
Members of the GAF forums first spotted that Straight Right’s CEO Tom Crago said in a previous interview:
“We’ve made a few bets on Wii U actually so we’re certainly hoping it does well. In addition to ME3 we have an original Wii U title in development, and we’ve started on another big game in a well known franchise that will be released in 2013.”
The community then took to LinkedIn to check out the online CV of Straight Right’s technical project manager Chris Wright, which reads:
Technical Project Manager
June 2012 – Present (5 months) Melbourne Area, Australia
Working for Straight Right on a short term contract, porting a triple-A Square Enix game to the yet-to-be-released Wii U platform.
* Editing and completing Project Management documentation (TDD and Risk Analysis)
* Producing Project Plan documentation
* Task allocation and resource balancing
* Resource integration (as the team grew from 2 developers to 5 developers, one designer and one artist)
* Producing Weekly Progress Reports for stakeholders
* Compiling deliverables and deliverable documentation for a prototype
* Liaising with project sponsors
* Risk Management
So there we go, place that bet below.