Halo 4 pirates hit with Xbox Live perma-bans

Monday, 15th October 2012 11:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 4 leaked recently, and saw a number of gamers playing it on Xbox Live. Microsoft has revealed that pirates are to be hit with perma-bans, barring them from using the service again.

Eurogamer reports that the Reddit community has posted information regarding Xbox Live perma-bans, stating that Microsoft has begun emailing offenders and slapping them with bans due to “prerelease title play”.

Here’s a grab of the email notification:

Halo 4 launches worldwide November 6th.

1. Ireland Michael

Sounds about right.

2. MadFlavour

How dumb would you have to be to play it on xbox live had you pirated it. Too dumb for anyone to have done it on their own full time accounts I’m guessing.

3. KAP

Its a show-off mentality we live in, they only wanna have the game show up to everyone on there friends list as a “look what I got” type of thing… Its sad.

4. polygem

they get what they deserve

5. RoyBrown

Probably using dummy accounts anyway.

6. TheBlackHole

Exactly.

7. KrazyKraut

afaik the whole console is banned…?

8. Bam007

One of the people who went online did it so they can download the contents of disc 2 and then put it up for download.

Wouldn’t of been that big of a loss to that person, considering he/she got disc 2 leaked + would of made something back for sharing the link(s) to download the disc.

9. JimFear-666

its funny to see how ms are fast to ban those who pirate MS ip but dont care about other developpers game…

10. polygem

yea they have been damn slow when my console got hacked: fifa 12 hack eventhough i never played the game. was creepy really, 3 achievements unlocked and all my ms points gone overnight…still can´t even delete that fifa stuff from my games record. ms says they can´t either, so those fifa achievements will forever remind me to keep my eyes open for cyber crime. good that it´s fifa, fits, it´s the mafia of sports ;)

11. Schabrak

#5#6
    I’m pretty sure the whole console is bricked too. I hope so at least.

12. Kuwabara

well there loss is sonys gain. I expect them to jump ship over to ps3

13. Nath_gamer

@12 Hope your right, I’d be more than happy to welcome more converts.

14. polygem

12, 13: sigh….it´s this kinda sneaky fanbot bs i am so sick to see. it´s almost always from you sony guys though. you are obv. coming here because you really would love to play halo 4 as well (which is not a shame). but then you leave your frustration in the comments. just get a damn 360 as well or do everyone and yourself a favour and just shut up. this is not a freaking religion.