StarCraft 2 player Ilyes “Stephano” Sattorui suspended for inappropriate comments

Saturday, 13th October 2012 21:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

French StarCraft 2 player Ilyes “Stephano” Sattorui has been suspended without pay for the month of October by the Evil Geniuses organization.

His suspension stems from inappropriate comments made during a live broadcast on TwitchTV earlier this week. The comments were made via private messages sent to Team Dignitas’ Samayan “BlinG” Kay over Battle.net.

The messages read: “Sam, I abused a child yesterday …14 yo… I might only be interested in milfs and kids now.”

Stephano stated he was only joking and apologized over Twitter claiming it was a “private joke, nothing serious”.

Fans proceeded to email Evil Geniuses sponsors Intel, Monster Energy, and Steel Series over the matter, after which Stephano tweeted that it was “people’s stupidity” which caused him to regret going professional and it has caused him to play StarCraft poorly.

“Today, Evil Geniuses announces that French Zerg player Ilyes “Stephano” Satouri has been suspended without pay for the remainder of October, following his recent inappropriate comments,”: read an official statement from the organization.

“We sincerely apologize to the respective organizers of these tournaments for any inconvenience the last-minute cancellations may cause That apology, however, obviously comes as secondary to a much more significant and direly-needed apology for Stephano’s inexcusable comments themselves. An apology in his own words can be found at the bottom of this post, but additionally, everyone at Evil Geniuses – including management, players, and staff – would like to sincerely apologize for these comments. They do not reflect our company’s sense of morality, behavior and propriety, and they will not be tolerated.”

Stephano said in his apology that his comments were “insensitive, inappropriate, way over the line,” and said he deserved “the serious ramifications I have received from my team.

“I accept responsibility for my mistake, and I will be more careful in the future,” he said.

In June, Stephano was arrested at the Silver nightclub in Jönköping, Sweden, following the DreamHack Summer tournaments.

His suspension will see him miss the Bucharest and The GD Invitational.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. roadkill

What’s wrong with MILFs? :))

2. LuLshuck

Ridiculed because of a private message, some fans he has

3. xxJPRACERxx

If the message was private, how can people know about the content?

I don’t know how much he’s paid, but I would try to find a real job and tell this organisation and “fans” a big FUCK YOU and you can SUCK MY DICK BITCHES!

4. helios

pfff… give this a guy a break.

any hardcore gamer say stupid things to their peers and they’re all just a joke.

I do it as well, and even more intense than what this guy did but that doesn’t mean I’m serious.

His fans can go to hell for leaking this conversation.

5. RoyBrown

#1 for all intents and purposes, he wasn’t joking and the incident was reported by ANOTHER pro gamer.

That’s how bad it seemed.

During a match Stephano basically said… Im having sex with a minor…

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

#2 I want you to imagine, a football gamer getting interviewed after a game and saying, “yeah man we played great today, and last night I fucked a 14 year old, pretty cool hey?”

He earns around $250,000 a year.

That’s a lot of money provided to him by sponsors, he could at least have some decency.

Seriously, fuck that pedophile.

If your cool with peds, get off this website please.

6. roadkill

I think he was joking when he said he abused a 14 year old. If he did joke then he is not a pedophile. Also a pedophile is not necessarily a bad person. I don’t see a problem when a 19 year old is sleeping with a 17 year old.

7. OrbitMonkey

Even if this guy is paid to play with toys all day, it does not excuse him behaving like a child.