Happy Wars is now available for Xbox Live Gold subscribers

Saturday, 13th October 2012 19:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Happy Wars, the first free-to-play title for Xbox Live, is now available for Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

The online competitive brawler supports simultaneously play for up to 30 in 15 vs 15 free-for-all battles, and character appearances can be upgraded via Happy Stars earned through playing.

Upgrades can also be purchased by using Happy Tickets bought through monetary transactions.

Check availability for your region here.

1. Kabby

Free to play. Requires subscription to Xbox Live Gold. Love it.

2. zinc

^ This is a flawed argument & riddled with semantics.

To get *free* games from Sony, I have to subscribe to psn+, to get a *free* phone, I have to purchase a contract etc.

This is a nice little bonus if you pay for gold membership, no need to poo poo it.

3. Dragon246

Your comment is an ignorant one. PS home has many free games and it doesnt require a dime. If you want the best FTP console game around, look no further than dust514, a ps3 exclusive.
    On ps plus , you get 30+ free games every year including some new releases. And on gold, you get a grand total of 1 game and that too with micro transactions.
    Way to go…

4. SlayerGT

@3 Here-here

DCUO says hi as well.

5. monkeygourmet

PS Plus you get 30+ free games…

Free games…

You pay for a PS Plus subscription so their not ‘free’. It’s exactly the same as Happy Wars.

Last PSN Plus game that was free: Bulletstorm…

Considering you can buy that to own for £3.96 used on Amazon, the deals are hardly worth it.

It’s a simple mechanism that tricks stupid people into thinking they have a free game.

The real fact is, Live is just the more polished service. I can’t believe you mentioned PS Home, that thing was a joke right from the start…

6. SlayerGT

@5 Opinion not fact. And it should be..you’re paying for it.

7. Dragon246

” I can’t believe you mentioned PS Home, that thing was a joke right from the start…”
    Says a monkey…

Btw, I have nothing against gold, people are free to spend on what they like. It just pales in comparison to plus in terms of value imho.

8. SlayerGT

@7 My feelings exactly

9. Da Man

monkeygourmet, don’t feed the trolls. The guy has a Sony tattoo on his forehead.

Remember those guys from Homefront? Picture the same but with a blue Sony ribbon.

10. monkeygourmet

The illusion of value you mean?

You don’t ‘own’ any of those games, your renting them. And like I said, a quick amazon search shows you can buy and own most of the PS Plus offerings for little more than the yearly subscription cost.

11. Da Man

They think they do. They also think vgchartz show genuine sales figures.

Talk about trolling themselves..

12. SlayerGT

@10 & 11 There’s more to Plus than “leaseing” free games.

13. lexph3re

Jeez, you guys are really carring this nonsense on from page to page. You all make little points on going own behalf. Talking about what is valuable and what isn’t? Sounds like a bunch of stupid justifications.

Especially when you have erroneous comparisons.

1. PSN+ is compareable to XBL both being a service paid subscriptions.
    2.PSN has F2P games without a entry fee….. PsHome(No matter how much you hate it), Free Realms, DCUO, Dust 514. XBL offline has 0.
    3.PSN+ gives free games bulletstorm, red dead, infamous 2, all for one, space marine, tomb raider, tons of psone classics, cloud storage, automatic updates/installs. XBL has X-chat online multiplayer, updates, cloud, and this game.

If you are silly enough to make inappropriate comparisons then your just a tard plain and simple.
    You trolls are getting COMPLETELY out of control

14. SlayerGT

Lex you forgot about the sweet sweet avatars and themes Plus gets you ;)

Edit: Oh and the discounts on almost everything.

15. Da Man

Live has deals of the week and early access to demos and betas, automatic updates and installs and cloud storage. Oh, and the occasional discounts and competitions.

Now let’s compare the gamepads. (What was that about trolling and what is this article about again?)

16. monkeygourmet

I guess it’s each to his own…

Half the games you’ve listed are cheap, inferior ports of 360 games: red dead, Bulletstorm etc…

The free games on home are awful .

The only one that is mildly interesting is Dust, although that has micro transactions so I’m sure the balance of it will be fucked in a few months time.

It’s nice to get more, but if it’s mostly tripe, what’s the point?

17. lexph3re

PSN+ has those exact same things. The point is to eliminate these terrible troll attempts You and others are doing.

Besides unlike you i was able to actually mention the game in this article in my topic. Da Man we gst it you hate Sony and pray fod its utter demise. Now that you have beaten it into the entire communities membranes. Time to learn a new trick

18. SlayerGT

@16 Here-here…as well :)

19. Da Man

Yes, so how does it pale in comparison? I think you need to reevaluate your ‘trolling’ definitions.

Rather you pray for it’s success, I don’t mind playing Halo on a Gamecube. You do.

Happy Wars is inferior to Geometry Wars. Just to stay on topic.

20. lexph3re

Monkey what the hell happened to you? At one point you were atleast half sensible when you spoke. Are those “inferior” games free on XBL? No. The point is their free you could even say free to play via supscription with 0 micro transactions.

And regardless of them being cheap to buy for 50/year guess what? You can play them as much as you like.
    You guys want to justify why you buy a sub for another system the shoot for it. But, making nonsensical comparisons and bonehead opinions? Its like poisonous stupidity spewing from your mouth with a auroma of vile shit

21. lexph3re

Did i say “pales in comparison”? No i said you are making stupid comparisons. Big difference between my statements you are having problems comprehending.

Oh yeah, which one of you guys are playing/trying this game out instead of entertaining the rants and flailings of pre-pubecent tards on fhe net?

22. OlderGamer

+ a couple of good points for the Sony/PSN fans. Good service, wasn’t always. It really depends on what you’re looking for in a service.

But by all means, fight about it. The truth is, none of it is free. Even if they give the games away for free, you still had to buy the hardware. And lets behonest much off what people calls F2P is really microtransaction based. It is just another bizz model. It isn’t meant to be a gift to gamers…for free. It is a biz model that I like btw.

23. monkeygourmet

I just get fed up of Sony bots acting as if there getting the best deal even when there still paying for a service that’s all.

As Older gamer said, your still paying. Sony bots also act as if Sony are doing them a favour which makes me laugh.

As if they think Sony have their best interests at heart.

I personally pay for live to play with friends and enjoy the quality of service.

I have a PS3 but don’t buy PS Plus as it offers deals and games I either already own or wouldn’t play. Hence it being less value to me. Just because you get a lot of things, if I’m not going to use them, what’s the point.

I can see other people enjoying it if you only own one console though.

24. polygem

“I can see other people enjoying it if you only own one console though”

spot on…and there goes their disguise. it´s always the same bunch bashing ms and (especially) nintendo here. guess why: because they only own the ps3, because they think it is the best deal for them to own the ps3 with all the third party support and most exclusives. that might even be true. for them and their taste in games. who knows…

but then they come here and ragetalk bullshit about the 360 and ninty platforms just to convince themselves that they don´t want to play halo, gears, third party games on a better controller – with a much better online service – and new super mario bros too.

25. zinc

@3, Ignorant? No try unbiased. Virtually everyone who subscribes to psn+, does so for the the *free* games. That is the hook & for many the ONLY reason to pay.

Maybe your one of the few who would stump up the cash for the golden plus sign next to their name? I’m not.

Whereas with Xbox live, people are paying for the service, have always paid for the service, it’s the service itself that sells live, not some old chart games, or indie fodder that MS throw out.

You see the difference yes?

26. Dragon246

Psn has MANY free games even without the plus,for which NO payment is required.
    But there is a clear difference in approach as you say, gold is about service, plus is about services (less) and content (more).
    The difference in infrastructure is definitely there between xbl and psn, but its generally only noticeable in mainland europe and us. Outside of that, differences arent visible, especially as many regions in south america, europe and asia still dont have uber fast net and localised servers.
    Thats why I said gold doesnt seem worth the value as I dont see huge differences between speeds. New psn update also improves the user interface, decreasing the differences even further. And no ads is a plus for plus :) too.
    Although as I said I can see why someone would pay for gold, I just aint a big fan of paying for multiplayer after paying 60$.
    @Poly
    Just to make it clear, I wasnt referring you being the troll.
    “it´s always the same bunch bashing ms and (especially) nintendo here”
    And I could say the same thing about sony haters. Also I least no one here likes the defend sony with their lives like NDF does for ninty with 350+ comments, more than half of them by ndf defending their precious company.

I think most of the people will agree here that the most ignorant comments are those saying “”insert company here” needs to die”. I for one feels any of the 3 companies departure will be very bad for customers, as they all offer variety to their customers. These are the only people who are trolls for me, having accomplished nothing in their lives and venting their anger towards mncs and wanting them to die just cuz they hate them.

Btw, can someone please provide me with a skyfall link. I really want to watch it but it still isnt released here and I wont be around when it does. Granted, theatre experience beats home one always but I really want to watch it now.

27. polygem

ok then, i certainly want a healthy sony too. i mean, if they finally make that damn triple a medievil game i am waiting for and if they don´t screw it up ;)

you have a point with that xbl ads. i was close to selling my 360 because of that. it is unacceptable really. but like i said, if you look beyond that, the 360 is, for my taste, the better console (if combined with 3ds and/or wii for japanese games, platformer fix etc.)
    i can understand if someone picks the ps3 as the ONLY console to buy. there is a lot of variety on the ps3, certainly bit more than on 360. actually the ps3 is the real casual console of the 3 if you ask me…(outrage? i mean it in a good way…they have to work on the pricing then though). i recommended it to a friend who only really wants to play adventure games like ass creed or uncharted from time to time. short blockbuster single player games. one in 3 months or so, not interested in online but wants to watch a bluray movie too from time to time on his new hdtv. for those “gamers” the ps3 is a good choice too. i will always need an xbox machine too though because halo is one of my all time fave games. ms has halo. that was a coup. it was genius. gears too was something that really worked out for them pretty well. i can see them continuing with those AND some new ip´s for 720. less can be more sometimes. by the way, i also think fable II is a much better game than Uncharted 3. shame that they fucked up fable 3. but does a console really need the most exclusives to be succesfull. i realy do not think so. i also found many of the sony exclusives, while fun, not truly amazing. i could count 10 sony exclusive games i would file in the must play category. i could do the same easily for the 360.
    i truly and deeply dislike sonys marketing too. it really makes me roll my eyes all the time. all this try hard to be cool stuff. it is disgusting.
    then there was the psp software lack, the GO (lol)….then came the vita with it´s pricing and very mediocore games, i still hate the dualshock…..
    well i am truly hoping that sony will step up, keep their exclusives strategy and work on their hardware, online service and hardware pricing AND marketing too (don´t only try to lure the teens and twens in)….they really need to do that. competition is tougher and stronger than ever, that´s all i am saying.

28. Da Man

You can’t play them for as long as you want.

And early demos and betas are exclusive to Live.

29. DrDamn

Couple of points. Live vs PS+ is a pointless argument. Two very different services with a couple of minor points in common. Live is about providing the best integrated and complete online experience, something it does well. PS+ is primarily a game subscription service, which for a lot of people is exceptionally good value.

RE: The article. F2P is a model for releasing a game. It’s not a free game. The idea is they make the money in micro transactions related to the online side of the game. So it’s really only natural it is for gold only. They are doing this to make some money y’know.

One final point on PS+. You could sub for £30 recently, still can if you buy in Sainsburys, that gets you access to 45 games over the course of the year. Not free games no, but that is 67 pence each. 67p.

30. Da Man

I see that Dragon’s imagination goes beyond the internet and simple communications, as he tries to convince himself everyone who points out Sony’s irrelevance states Sony ‘need to die’ and on top of that are all people who ‘accomplished nothing’. Next up he is going to build theories on critics’ parents and heritage.

The unhealthy vivid imagination is trying to paint a self convincing picture to trick itself into further idiocy. It alters the past and puts even more words into critics’ mouth. It nullifies imaginary critics. My Sony. Our Sony.

31. lexph3re

@28 Yes you can retain the sub play until your hearts conent, i have games from last year i am still playing on plus.

And exclusive betas and early demos isn’t restricted to live. I guess you forgot about Crysis 2, Assassins Creed Revalations, DCUO, DUST 514, All Stars, Battlefield3, Uncharted 3, LBP K. Xbox lives betas consistes of crysis 2,Battelfield 3, gears of war 3.

And when was the last exclusive demo live had? RE6 wait hat was timed exclusive. Again mundane comparisons

32. Ge0force

I don’t see how anyone cam compare PS+ with Xbox Live. On Xbox Live, you pay for p2p-gaming, access to apps that are free on every other platform, for 3rd party discounts en for early demo’s. All of this is FREE on PS3 without the need of a payed subscription.

If you do pay for PS+, get get a shitload of free games: bulletstorm, infamous 2, borderlands, red dead redemption etc… but also brand new PSN-games like Double Dragon Neon, Trine 2, Machinarium and Retro/Grade. And then there’s more free stuff like avatars, dynamic XMB themes and PS1 classics. And save the best for last: next month, PS+ is extended to PS Vita without extra costs.

33. zinc

@32, Out of the 3 platforms (Ninty, Sony, Xbox), who would you say has the best online multiplayer services?

It’s Live & that’s without throwing *free* games at you. PSN+ is indeed a good value sevice, great if your on a budget, but you wouldn’t pay for it, if it didn’t have the freebies.

34. monkeygourmet

^

Exactly.

I don’t know anyone who pays for PS Plus who also owns a 360…

The only time I used the service was when Sony gave me a few months free after the hacking debacle.

As soon as that ran out I had no reason to repurchase a Plus account.

Free games are not enough, especially when most people either already own them or there dirt chep to buy and actually own.

The actual service is poor. Download demo… Takes an age to download demo… Asks to install demo that I’ve just downloaded… Takes an age to install… Play demo… Demo has an update… Install update… Can’t be bothered to play 3 hours later as I’m bored stiff of all the faffing…

Yep, great service. At least I get free (old) games! :) makes up for having to repurchase all my PS2 and PSP games I suppose! :/

35. lexph3re

Interesting monkey because I have a group of friends who have PS+ and own 360s. I also, have a large amount of them who realized the difference in online play is literally down to the X-Chat and that’s it.

Also, Talking about Download averages has become a moot point of discussion considering NATIONALLY ISP is variable. For you it takes forever to download a demo/game for me it takes a matter of minutes. And what Demo’s have you been playing that has Updates? I have never played a demo with an update attached to it. Your blowing right there.

The service is not poor in the slightest. Is it less Sociable as the 360? Yes that goes without saying. Does that mean it isn’t sociable? Hell No. I communicate fine with my friends and vice versa.

The end your being selective in your arguement by choosing to completely ignore the fact that he said Old and New games a like. If you were trying to deliver a valid arguement you failed to do so by enjecting irrelevant circumstances that don’t exist and or happens infrequently.

Also, I Pay for PSN+ for more then just the Free games. I Utilize the cloud storage on my games so in the event my system dies all I have to do is reclaim my saves from the cloud that they recently increased. That’s in part due to I don’t believe my PS3 will last forever and with the most valuable things being my saved states it’s VERY relevant. Saves me a back up time.

I also use PS+ for auto updates in which I have set my system to update itself and games that are more than likely to have a patch/update so I don’t have to wait in the event I do play an older game. The discounts are a bonus.

So let’s overview again. PSN+ is not XBL PSN+ has it’s perks as much as XBL has it’s perks to others. People who own 360s also have PS+.

@zinc who do you think has the best online multiplayer? That depends on what your looking for. If you just want to play online and shoot shit with a few friends both work. If you want a personal experience as well as have multiplayer period you will want XBL.

The whole which one is faster is moot considering their servers all establish peer-to-peer connections meaning its variant on ISP.

36. lexph3re

I’m also still waiting to hear some feedback on the damn game in the article

37. monkeygourmet

I have BT Infinity and PSN is still slow as hell for me. I don’t know what connection you have but it still takes me an age to DL things off PSN whereas I downloaded a 10 gig file (Darkness 2) on 360 in about 1.5 hours! It was surprisingly quick.

Also, I’m not loaded but I work. Good value is nice, but I certainly don’t worry about paying for Xbox Live. Maybe PS Plus is better for families with kids as it gives them a few free games to play. For me, it’s worse value as I simply wouldn’t play those games, so again, what’s the point?

Again, it’s horses for courses. I prefer IOS over Android too, again, it’s just the more polished service for me.

All this doesn’t mean I hate Sony or the PS3, I’m looking forward to a lot of PS3 games next year. It just means I’m critical of their service and am offering my view after using and owning all the current consoles.

The PS3 is my most least used machine because of a few reasons:

I hate the pad, it’s awful for anything other than fighting games.
    I don’t like the online service and layout.
    I don’t like Sony’s attitude towards their own products. (ie abandoning things and trying to move on rather than support)
    I don’t like the fact that Sony uses its consoles to stealth sell you their new media format

However, I do like some of their exclusives. So that’s why I have my PS3 and will get a PS4 at some point.

I don’t hate the machine, I just don’t have a projected view of it or Sony as a company. I feel like they’ve treated there fans with complacency and displayed huge arrogance since the launch of the PS3.

I can be equally critical of MS and Nintendo, but in general I think MS really to their shit together this gen, especially building a solid infrastructure for 720 and NIntendo always bring the innovation, so I cut them more slack.

Sony underestimated the Western market IMO. It has cost them dearly as Jap devs started to realise there games were getting out of date compared to western equivalents.

To win the console war the Western market is the most important. Even Nintendo realised this and changed their marketing accordingly.

38. Da Man

You don’t get free videogames with PSN+. You rent old arse ones. As I said, you can’t play them for as long as you want regardless of subscription.

Geoforce, might want to finally get the Xbox category on your website before commenting on comparisons..

As for Live demos and betas, Medal of Honor was among the latest. they regularly land earlier than on PS3. What on Earth do videogames not being released on X360 at all have to do with demos?? reality check.

As for p2p, enjoy your free maintenance.

39. lexph3re

I never suggested that you hated Sony to begin with. In fact, I care little how you feel about it. I just don’t like personal views (which are perfectly reasonable for your indepent purchases) being pawned off as universally applicable. Especially when it comes to the network aspect which is HUGELY variable depending on ISP.

I can download a 10 gb file in the exact amount of time as you and a 14 gb file with no more then an additional hour. it took me around 2 hours to download Ratchet and Clank All for One just yesterday. That game is 14 gbs in total. and I don’t even have the fastest service my ISP gives.

Also, If you want to talk about Sony’s MArketing compared to others. It’s obvious they are not attempting to follow suit as others are. They merely are focused on polishing the PS name. And they just like EVERY company have hit ups and downs.

When MS distrbuted Windows Vista for the first time it was utterly chaotic on the market. A complete mess and commercial failure. It took them creating Windows 7 to rectify the market and all it really is is windows vista without the compatibility issues of thinking it’s its own damn enemy.

Does that mean that MS has failed the world and its audience? No, it means they had to learn from their mistakes.

Sony get’s so much flack out of the big three for trying to appease and think outside of the box. Yet low and behold they are constantly bashed, riticuled and considered the nazis of gaming.

Last but not least…. Have you Freaking played this game?

40. DrDamn

Have 360, have PS+. Its great value for lots of people. Maybe not you, but its short sighted not to see its good value for the majority. 45 games over the year. 67p each. Its not rocket science. You can’t buy them for that despite your insistence.

Not current games? What was the XBLA game this week? Hell Yeah? That was included as part of PS+. Spelunky released a few weeks ago. 50% off for PS+ and you get to keep that after your sub expires. Retro/Grade, Machinarium, Double Dragon Neon all available to PS+ subs on release.

Yes people are talking crap about Live, doesn’t justify talking crap about something you clearly know nothing about.

41. monkeygourmet

Just trying it now! :)

Seems fun, just done the tutorial and starting an online war. It’s like a violent animal crossing so far!

Also, their not the Nazis of gaming, it was mainly the fans and Sony building the PS3 up into something it’s simply not.

Because it released after the 360, Sony fans who waited and Sony themselves made the machine out to be some kind of super computer.

We all remember TEH CELL and bluray being banded around as the second coming for gaming when it simply wasn’t the case.

Same with games like Gran Turismo, God of War etc…

That’s the real problem. The PS3 is basically a 360 with a different controller. It was hyped like crazy and failed to deliver for me based on those insane claims on its release.

42. lexph3re

@Da Man right… Because Double Dragon Neon is completely old. LBP2 was also SOOOOOO old as well as Infamous 2.-_- And, yes again you do get to maintain them as long as you hold PSN+ and Download them and play whenever you so desire. If you had PS+ and a PS3 you would know that.

And for demos and betas on PSN+ that would be LBP K, PAS, and Dust 514? What is your point? The fact that yo get something for what you pay? Great fact sheet you got going there looks like again your comparisons of the 2 services are looking equal… aside from the “free” games that are given to people on one console over the other.

Maintenace huh? I got a question for you? Have you ever even been through a PSN maintenace? If you have you would know that very rarely does it ever affect anyone and the last scheduled was several months ago and again no one even noticed it came and went. But, I forget if any company announces that it could POTENTIALLY be downtime during a maintenace that means they are utter failures. Has nothing to do with alerting your install base of potential technical issues that may arise to help keep them informed.

43. lexph3re

@41 Violence is always fun. That’s why we game and to kill things in a cutesy animal crossing fashion I might like the game.

44. Da Man

DrDamn, do you get to keep the free ones forever? No it would seem.

The one you mention is just the same as Live deals, right?

I was saying multiplatform demos largely land on Live first.

the last scheduled was several months ago
    Article, several posts back, on vg247..

Of course I don’t have a PS3, I don’t want to. But then I don’t go around linking to my gaming website.

45. Dragon246

@Zinc
    People wont pay for gold if it wasnt for multiplayer. You argument is as moot as it can get. I wont pay for net connection if they dont provide net. Whats your point really? Many people wont pay for plus if it wasnt free games, thats an integral part of plus.
    Thats like saying nobody would pay for a game if they dont provide the game to the paying people.

@Lex
    These people have “anti sony DNA” engraved in them. I can understand anyone not like liking the pad, I dont like 360 one or motion controls, but to say sony doesnt support its consoles is pure bullshit. They arent like ninty or ms who abandon their platform after a measly 4 years, screwing the buyers. They are behind their hardware 100% and it shows. They wont acknowledge that ps3 has been outselling wii and 360 for years now, and yet they will predict world domination for consoles that arent even out.
    Living in their own world as they say. Sucks to be them.

46. monkeygourmet

100% behind… Or so overpriced the generation has to last longer to recoup losses… You make me chuckle! :)

How do you think these free games will work alongside Sony’s Gaikai intergaration… Just a thought?

It looks like the PS4 is going to be a completly subscriptions based service over all their consoles, handhelds, phones and tablets.

How do you like them apples?

Lots of American kids online so far, as per usual. All linked up to Daddy’s credit card probably, so they’ll all have premium items and will kick my arse.

The upgrade system is addictive as there seems to be hundreds of weapons combos and armour sets. You get 3000 credits to start off with.

It’s a roulette table, where you can ‘win’ new items.

My warrior now has vampire teeth, a big pink sea shell for a shield (fabulous!) and a jet black demon sword but I now have no credits and I’m not going to purchase anymore! :)

Nice customisation so far, it seems fun.

47. Da Man

Dragon, did I say you’re an idiot?

48. DrDamn

No you keep anything you pay some money for. Has Spelunky been on offer on Live yet? This was at or just after release.

That really wasn’t the point though. You said old games, clearly bollocks, good attempt at a side step though. Ignore that you are wrong and pick up on something which wasn’t a point of contention. No you don’t keep the games, they are 67p each you want a moon on stick too?

49. Da Man

So you don’t keep the so called ‘free games’.. that’s what I was saying from the beginning.

Why do you think I dodged. Because I didn’t say ‘Yes you also get the new games, I was wrong’? How many retail releases are the new ones though? Not many I think.

50. Dragon246

Atleast I dont make ignorant comments without trying anything.
    And I aint a 4chan troll like you.
    Ignored that ps and ps2 were supported for 10years with 1st party games releasing on ps2 even now, more than 12 years down the line. Your hate is baffling.

51. zinc

@45, it’s not a moot point though, as people are & will keep paying for the service, even after tasting the heady delights of psn.

Though I’m not arguing one over the other, both have their charms.

52. DrDamn

You can’t very actually say it either can you. That’s quite funny.

I never said you kept them, or disagreed with you on that point. The point was specifically about titles you buy at a discount.

Still 67p for brand new PSN titles and older full retail “rentals” the bastards eh?

53. monkeygourmet

What if you don’t want FIFA or who wants to be a millionaire buzz edition though?

It’s hardly worth a mention. Dreamcast and Mega Drive still have games being released, it doesn’t make them comparable with current gen consoles.

I’d hardly call it hate, it’s just easier to view the situation when your heads not stuffed up a Sony CEO’s butthole. Like I said before, the PS3 is a great console for the odd exclusive, I certainly wouldn’t make it my only console though.

54. Da Man

#50

Yes, which is why you post the most generic and ignorant bullshit.

Sony didn’t support their customers, they made money off successful hardware. Hardware sells, it’s being produced. If it doesn’t, it’s canned.

MS had to pay fees to Nvidia, look it up. they also had no motivation to produce Xbox, same as Nintendo with gamecube seeing as idiotic consumers like you chose to buy PS2. Consumers make the market, not the other way around.

You think they’re your football team.

You really are a moron. Either that or a troll.

Sad thing is that you’re completely serious. So a moron.

55. Da Man

You can’t very actually say it either can you. That’s quite funny.
    What are you on about? Do I have to say ‘Yes, number something called something, I was wrong. Apologize for inconvenience and frustration, yours sincerely.’

56. DrDamn

You have a fine career in politics ahead of you. Well done yet again.

57. Da Man

#56 I was saying it’s a common practice to not reply when you basically closed the topic..

58. polygem

only thing that is great on playstation: exclusives. in every other aspect the 360 is better (if you don´t need bluray). sony knows that too, just their fans don´t. sony knows their plan din´t kill them but it definiteley didn´t work out as they planned, while 360 and wii became more succsessful than expected….get over it playstaion fans. just get a 360 as well. problem solved.

59. monkeygourmet

Exactly! looking forward to Halo 4 Poly?! ;)

60. Dragon246

Its awesome how people make assumptions about ps fans not having 360s or wiis.
    I played the entire gow and halo series on 360, missed forza, but I liked PGR. They just dont feel as good to me simply because I more of a single player than mp, they lose much of their value without mp.
    Thats unlike Da Troll who knows ps3 sucks without even buying it, and says ps2 sucks, and thats 160 million disagreeing with him.

Lets see, ninty is good at-
    Online- nope
    Blu ray- nope
    HD- nope
    controllers- nope
    Exclusives- nope (except for ninty fans)
    get over it ninty/ms fans. just get a ps3 as well. problem solved.

No he hasnt. No one beats putin.

61. Da Man

So another russian idiot I see..

Can’t outargue opponent – start flaming him. Typical modern Russia. 75 years of soviet regime did the trick.

62. DrDamn

That speaks volumes.

63. Da Man

#62, At least that’s what i figured from vg247. Anyway though, instead should it be a common practice to address posts per sentence?

64. Dragon246

Dont worry, I aint a russian. Pretty far from there. Although would like to see a putin like leader here sans his military tactics and heavy handedness.
    Looks like you are one of those anti putin guys in russia.

65. polygem

@60: well i have a ps3 too of course, that´s why i got all this knowlege;)
    and halo isn´t just a mp game by the way…one of the best stories in games. gears has a great story to tell as well…it just happens to be that they are ALSO among the very best mp games as well.

Nintendo has better exclusives, for sure – don´t make the mistake to only look at the wii, if you also take the ds/ 3ds, you´ll see. sony unfortunateley keeps making mistakes by screwing up their great ip´s like resistance BS. i think this is pretty alarming and i just cannot understand that.

@59: YOU BET! cannot wait…preordered the limited because of the “free” ;)map packs.

66. Da Man

#64 Why should I worry? I’m not the one continously flaming people while continously telling myself how wrong they are.

67. Dragon246

Both have stories from the same genre ie. Western sci-fi. Not a big fan of that. Similarly I aint a big fan of ME and KZ.
    I had a ds, but since ninty has decided to continue to prevent me from playing great j-games by region locking, 3ds is off my charts for a long time. Loving my time with vita, great games and now with some the best jrpgs on handhelds. Shame how much non-importers are missing.
    Also about exclusives, its a useless argument. I like sony exclusives as they have tons of variety and are awesome too. You like ninty. Matter of tastes.

68. polygem

agree. taste matters here a lot too.
    not a huge fan of Western Sci-Fi either…but halo man? this is a great and emotional story. a beautiful universe they created. very believeable. the gameplay is almost perfect (for it´s genre). it is just a masterpiece of a gaming franchise. uncharted, infamous, killzone, resistance….all good but not in the same league – not close.
    and hey i like ninty, yes, but i like sony games too….it´s just, if had to choose i´d pick nintendo and ms. overall it´s the better gaming experience imho.

69. zinc

Halo died for me when they used a flying fucking toaster oven to kill Sargent Johnson :-/

70. Da Man

Sgt Johnson should’ve been euthanized in the original.

Also, forgot to say that Putin isn’t heavy handed, that’s as much of an ignorant bs as the rest of those. Military tactics died with the White Army too. Deluded people are deluded in everything. Just saying.

71. lexph3re

I lost respect for halo after 1 personally. That world became less and less immersive as the series went on for me. And, Even know from all the previews and Hands on Demos I have been watching of Halo4 still not impressed.

72. polygem

^i don´t believe you^

73. Mike

So, 8 years on, you’re all still discussing XBL Gold vs PSN and PS3 vs Xbox 360. Yet you want intelligent games that don’t just cater for the lowest common denominator and treat you, the gamer, like an adult.

Well done everyone.

74. lexph3re

Nope, true story. Series has grown stagnant in it’s execution for me. I don’t feel like what master chief accomplishes is epic anymore. I feel like it’s drawn out in a very bad way.

And. Halo 4 seems to much like a yester year game with a little polish to me. The prometheans(I think that’s what they called them) They aren’t interesting to me. their weapons are nice and the robot theat slings grenades back are cool. But, the feelings of epic are gone. I didn’t get a single goosebump watching the gamescon videos.

And, the multiplayer I watched seems to be the same as always. Jump around like a bunch of weirdos and try to shoot people up in the air. I always hated that jump shoot close combat stuff.

75. polygem

@73: thx Mike!

76. Da Man

#74 – Have you played Halo, at least in multiplayer?

If you did, you would know that jumping and close combat is the worst way to do it. Might want to educate yourself on the basics.

77. lexph3re

Da Man Did I not just distinctfully disclose that watching the hands on of HALO 4 multiplayer a new game that it was jumpinng all over the place. Educate yourself before you comment on things just because it’s about your favoritist thing.

78. Da Man

My favoritism? Might want to check out a thread about sub-par Halo clone multiplayer on PS3 before you start barking.

No, you didn’t, besides you said how it’s ‘same as usual’.

79. lexph3re

It is the same as usual. Unfortunately the hardcore don’t speak for the over whelming casual players and style of play in a game. Same as with a Fighter the casuals tend to turn you off because how frequent they do the same ish.

And, sub-par Ps3 clone? What game would that be? Seeing how you don’t play ish on a Ps3.

80. Da Man

So you’re saying that you, as a bad player aren’t interested in the new one because you’ve seen bad players in a commercial. Okay.

I don’t even have to say anything at this point. You’ve just owned yourself into oblivion,

Resistance, you made a passionate thread about it’s shitty tacked on multiplayer yet claim the opposite with this one.

You aren’t fooling anyone, with all the passionate defensive essays about the most generic Sony games and artificially indifferent rants about Xbox. I ‘ve been mocking every MS exclusive but Halo and Forza, you? You’ve been fighting in a corner of the internet for the most uninspiring Sony churn.

I don’t, but I did. I also spent twice as much on both of the prev gens PSs, seeing as how they broke in the middle of the process.

81. polygem

“I don’t even know why you’re telling me all this.. I know why I do, because you’re more fun than Happy Wars.”

:D

82. lexph3re

No I never said I was a bad player in the slightest. I said I didn’t like seeing the same type of playstyle from halo 2 up until 4. That’s what I said.

Also, When I was talking about the oh so bad Resistance you never played it was impressions on the beta. You know something you do when you want to talk about something that is about to release. Did I defend Resistance 3′s Multiplayer? No, I told people how it handled. Does it matter to biased dipshits like you who refuse to touch something you never played? Of course it doesn’t.

Also, the multiplayer wasn’t shitty for that game it was fun. Hinted from what I stated in that designated forum. It was accessible like a CoD game and maintain a solid combat style of it’s own in the resistance series.

You played a ps1 and ps2 and automatically you know everything about a ps2 huh? Well since your last 2 broke down on you in the middle of their life cycles shouldn’t you be wishing death upon MS for their high failure rate for the first half of the consoles life you hypocrite?

Wait can’t do that at all right? Also, I was a local champ in Halo at gaming tournaments so I think I would fucking know what I like and don’t like about the series as it grew on. I did for a while take that game seriously, even hold local halo one get togethers from time to time but you wouldn’t know that now would you almighty DA MAN.

Besides I wasn’t writing essasys to defend Sony. I was writing essasys to call out the bullshit on you,monkey,and Polys side because you can’t seem to get your facts straight. But that’s just what DA MAN DOES ON VG247 he trolls bigger and harder and spews more obscene garbage then people who no longer visit this site.

But, I must digress your like a serial killer on trolling. You have a cooling down period where you shut the hell up and then choose when to attack another thread with non-sense about how badly you wish a company to roll over and die because you are so hurt by their progress in the gaming community

83. Fin

It never fails to amaze me how ye can have long arguments about fuckin’ nothing.

84. daytripper

I found Happy Wars to be pretty enjoyable so far.

Regarding this comment thread, it’s embarrassing and proves that you can’t have a decent conversation with most and the comment sections with the most posts are pointless bickering all over something so minuscule as a platform preference. Grown men for fuck sake, how do you deal with bills, housing repayments, raising a family if you go haywire over a game on XBLA? Fuck off outside for a while please, it will do you good

85. Dragon246

So true. :D
    Almost everyone here knows that Da Troll is the biggest troll around here, with pathetic english to boot.

86. polygem

@Dragon, lex, fin: finally altogether. the SDF…. :D

@all three: in the end all of you just want play halo 4 badly but you just don´t own a 360. isn´t that right? i bet it is. and i really do understand that this IS a serious problem for you…and then you are coming here and bash microsoft for no reason but your own desperation. it is obvious. give up on your disguise guys.

it is YOU guys who fail in the argument department. it is the same when you piss over nintnendo threads. you know, Da Man, while not always polite ;) , still delivers good arguments and is able to step back from things if he feels someone else has the better argument. this is not trolling is it? your problem is: while otheres might critisize sony for certain things, they usually say good things about them too – like saying that they have great exclusives and so on. what YOU are doing is just ragepissing over everything. telling people to get their facts right while you do not get yours right. calling others fanboys while obviously…well, y´know…YOU are bashing the ms AND nintendo threads. not very clever guys, it makes things so much more obvious. you are the prototype of the fanboy and you don´t even try to hide it. that deserves some respect i guess…at least…or not.
    you call out others to be the ignorant NDF while you are a pathetic bunch of twens overacting and defending where there is nothing to defend. the 360 has the better online service and halo is bigger than resistance. mario beats uncharted. what´s there to argue about? can´t you understand how this world ticks? if you repeat stuff over and over and over again…it still isn´t coming true…
    still sony is important for the gaming biz, they have become the least important though this gen. this isn´t my fault or Da Mans, or monkeys fault, it is the fault of your beloved sony. talk to them, don´t give me your shit. it is a shame, yeah but what can you do? you sony guys just don´t buy the exclusives enough…i did that btw.
    i really do hope sony will get their shit together and bomb hard with ps4. they have such great franchises on such shit hardware.

87. Dragon246

Coming forward to protect your kinsmen eh? :D
    Well NDF sure sticks together always. See the 350+ comment article for proof.
    Show me one comment where I stated something as a fact and its false. And there is nothing wrong in opinions, they arent right or wrong. They are personal preferences. I dont like western sci-fi. Killzone, halo, gow all are from that, and they all arent hot for me. If thats fanboyism, then you should look the words meaning in the dictionary.
    Also I prefer a sane argument, not f-bombed ones like some fools on net. 350+ comment article was good as no one resorted to foul language.
    “such shit hardware”
    Well, ninty and ms consoles arent famous for their hardware too, with ninty consoles like wii and gc described as “toys” and original 360 sucked with RROD. So blaming ps3 as a shit hardware is ignorant imo.

88. polygem

@87: it´s interesting that you take that article, because imho all it proved was that you and some other guys made complete fools out of yourselves.

hehe, yeah sure your playstation is not a toy. you play political games on that thing right? nintendo is for kids, shovelware, collecting dust, ms has less exclusives, only Xchat is what makes live….these are your facts i know. thing is, they prove shit.

that´s exactly the attitude i cannot respect. it really isn´t open minded at all.

who´s ignorant again. read between your own lines pal.

89. Da Man

#82, you said the aforementioned playstyle is being practiced by casuals (read bad players), you as well said that you aren’t interested in multiplayer because you’ve seen adverts with bad players.

You *are* a bad player. I have no idea how you went as far in your imagination that you even managed to trick yourself you aren’t despite likely having never played Halo multiplayer and even if you did, you yourself said that it was very long ago and you practiced bad playstyle..

As for Resistance I did try the first two. And they were shit, with tacked on, little multiplayer.

As I mentioned, my 2008 Falcon still works, besides 360s never broke in the same annoying way Ps2s did, the latter failed due to disc drive, starting weird clicking noises in the middle of a game.

Fool.

I don’t troll, I mock. But then with your limited perception and vocabulary you really will never be abke to see the difference.

As for Halo tournaments, were they family ones or amongst your friends? because if you’re good vs terrible it doesn’t make you good actuallly, you know.

Oh, and yes you are terribly, tragically, cluelessly defensive in your passionate inane essays on Sony. Your latest post is an excellent example.

90. Da Man

Incidentally, Dragon reminds me of grunts from Halo.. Perhaps more like handicapped grunts.

Should change his name to Grunt246 really..

91. Fin

? I call everyone out for arguing about nothing, and you reply with a massive paragraph of nothing?

Good job man, you just proved my point.

92. polygem

@Fin: ok not this time fin. i take that back. i just remembered that 350+ nintendo thread and i remember you from there…so that´s why i said: welcome back to the SDF ;)

but yea Fin, i get it: i have nothing to say. your words count, others don´t. they have nothing to say. i totally get it…but forget it. i am just a ghost. shhhhhhhhhh

93. Ireland Michael

This shit is still going?

Jesus. Go play some games or something.

94. Fin

Just because I think Nintendo have lost their way doesn’t automatically mean I think Sony are the leaders this generation.

95. polygem

@93: this is titled Happy Wars…we´re just giving credit to that ;)

96. zinc

In pubs all over the world, men have these kind of arguments about sport, women, movies & tv shows…

But if you do it on the internet, its petty & immature? Seems a bit unfair :-/

97. DrDamn

You seem to be implying men in pubs aren’t petty and immature … ;)

98. zinc

^ Its a well known fact that alcohol stimulates intellectual debate & mature discourse… It’s why so many universities in the UK have student union bars ;-)

99. polygem

Cheers! To your health!

100. zinc

*Raises glass* A toast to VG247 & all the little nerds who sail on her!

101. polygem

:D

102. ManuOtaku

I tried to play the game yesterday on the multiplayer front without any success, the matches could not started for not having all the players on both teams or something on those lines, what i did played on the singleplayer looks promising, every class is very different with different purposses, remind me of a cross breed between fat princess and animal crossing (great thing mind you), i hope i will be able to play the game laster today on multiplayer without any connectivity issues.
    p.s and for me the game is free, what is not free is the subscription for XBLA Gold, but the game in itself is free, i dont understand the argument and discussion about this.

103. monkeygourmet

It pisses me off when people jump on these threads with comments like:

‘Grow up’ or

‘Go outside’

(You know who you are…)

God damn hypocrites… If you don’t like it, write a paragraph or two about the game in question…

The comments section is helpful to people as it gives people the ability to be critical about other games / consoles that most official review sites are unable to do beause they’re too scared to or bound by contractual obligations.

I can hardly see Eurogamer or any other biting the hand that feeds them.

You always get some trolls but most posters can make an informed arguement based on their own personnal experiences using a console or product.

I tend to not take people so seriously if they only use one system as there can be obvs bias towards it.

But to say, stop arguing is such a cop out. Especially when half the people who say that, wait for a thread about COD just to troll anyway.

And thats the mature way of doing it… Yeah right… It’s worse if anything.

104. lexph3re

Da Man you are pathetic as ever. And Poly you have become the biggest Nintendo defender of the entire community. A lot of people like to pawn that off on OG but that just isn’t real you deserve that title.

@Da Man its funny how first you say:

“I have no idea how you went as far in your imagination that you even managed to trick yourself you aren’t despite likely having never played Halo multiplayer and even if you did, you yourself said that it was very long ago and you practiced bad playstyle.”

Making the presumption that I don’t play the games multiplayer with a small chance I have to.

“As for Halo tournaments, were they family ones or amongst your friends? because if you’re good vs terrible it doesn’t make you good actuallly, you know”

How you ridicule and dismiss my knowledge on the aforemention games and then decide to acknowledge me playing the game with family and friends. MEANING I must have played the multiplayer and had some understanding of the game. Well sir that’s beyond any reasonable arguement on where my experience in said games lay.

Considering I have told you and others I have gradually fallen off of HALO due to terrible mechanics and casual stimulation. I now am a secret Halo wannabe player? I don’t think at anytime did I not say I don’t want to play Halo 4, I actually said I have been researching the game and keeping and eye on the game right? And I even gave a conclusion on why I will be skipping this version as well right? So what arguement/rant is justified in your world that you think you are insulting me with information that I had given you?

I in no way care about that SDF,NDF,XDF bullshit you guys spew around to try and belittle the arguements/opinions of your peers. I much rather reasonably point out the flaws in your arguements and the fallecies you implement when you go towards personal attacks without any real purpose towards the arguement.

Poly your a bandwagon whore. All you know how to do is hop on what everyone else thinks is fun. You don’t have your own opinion on anything and further prove that the moment you look for aid in people like DaMan in trying to insult others because they don’t give their assholes over to your favorite corporations like you do.

I think it’s funny how you guys want to say “OH LEX SDF! HIS OPINION DOESN’T MATTER!” but the only reason you disregard my “opinion” is because I call you twats out on the bullshit you claim you do.

For instance, DaMan wanted to undermine my arguement/opinon because I gave an impression of a beta for the multiplayer of a unreleased game I was playing. Resistance 3, All he wanted to do was bash me for openning my mouth on the game and not realize that I was openly sharing a true to form synopsis of said game. Then he proceeds to call a franchise that he “played” the 1st & 2nd versions of a halo rip off even though everything consist in earths atmosphere and the “aliens are mutated humans” and in the past not the future. He goes off to say that he KNOWS RE3 is garbage when he hasn’t played nor cared about it and it’s just “Sony trash”.

You know what we call people like you DaMan? Hypocritical Twats.

Poly wants to call me a nintendo basher/hater. Well that’s not even true seeing how I love nintendo I just don’t respect where the hell they are in gaming the last 3 gens. Both handheld and console a like, but that just can’t be right? No one could possibly be dissappointed in “MY NINTENDO MAGIC” they do everything right! From Milking franchises for the sake of “MAGIC” to releasing hardware revisions of portable consoles just like cell phones with no real change in the graphical out put or mechanics of the device other than…. it’s slimmer? brighter back screen? Well they have just been doing that tactic since 1989 with Gameboy. So if it’s a broke off cock in your ass don’t remove it right?

You 2 are completely useless and blind to see your own fanboy status qou you just have to pawn it off on anyone else who have an opinion. They said TEA was a asshole on here but I digress little sharts like you are the assholes who creep through this site.

105. monkeygourmet

@Lex

Poly only started defending Nintendo when a lot of people started ragging on the Wii U regarding features it was never supposed to have in the first place.

e.g. powerwise, everyone knew it wasn’t a new super computer but people still kept dragging that up when Nintendo was announcing stuff for it.

106. Da Man

Me pathetic? What are you doing in here? Fighting for your precious Sony in a corner like I said..

Yes I assumed you never played it, based on your ignorant nonsense. then you said you did, so I asked whom did you play it against and noted that beating poor players doesn’t make you any better.

You now went as far in your Sony induced imagination as to call Halo ‘casual’. So again, you ‘re wrong. And as for general public playing it poorly you could always go to other playlists, even Mlg.

You’re just full of shit, dude.

And you’re deluded. Simple.

You’re just getting angry at your own denial and bs.

107. Da Man

It’s funny how you need five paragraphs of blah blah blah every time you want to say something which can be summed in a sentence.

108. Da Man

Also, you might as well start saying how color of the aliens makes a difference.

Resistance is a poor man’s Halo. The whole reason both it and Killzone exist was Sony wanting to make an fps for Playsation after the success of MS ground breaking title (that they failed miserably is another topic). A sci-fi fps with arcade shooting and angry alien foes.

Plenty of Halo happens in Earth atmosphere. There’s even a whole title with humans instead of Chief, set entirely in Mombasa (Odst).

Unlike you, like I said I regularly mock almost anything MS related. So out of us two you’re the only hypocrite and an err, twat.

109. Ge0force

@Da Man: You do know that Halo used to be an RTS game for pc, and then turned into a shooter because this genre was very popular on pc?

Halo may have been groundbreaking for console-only gamers, but except the vehicles it wasn’t really that different from existing pc-shooters.

110. Da Man

#109 Ofc I do. Although you’re mistaken, if you watch the ancient interview with them, they say how they wanted to make a mix between a strategy and action. And that didn’t work. So they changed it to third person. Only after they changed it to first person.

And that early intent to make a rts/shooter mix feels when playing it, actually.

Bungie have been making Marathon games almost a decade beforehand, which had multiplayer pioneering many game types. So what does that even have to do with the topic?

It was just as good as any of then existing PC ones, and simply phenomenal on consoles. There’s a list of things Halo pioneered or was first to use properly.

111. Deacon

Wow… I’m away for a few days and look at all the fun I missed!

112. polygem

@lex: seriously dude, what are you, a fascist?
    relax, read your ragepiss post again. it´s never too late to say i´m sorry.

113. polygem

btw. i praised resistance and give a lot of credits to insomniac. i cannot count how often i said that i believe insomniac created some of the best and most fun videogame weapons ever….but well….what can i say….halo is still the better game, in every single way. but wait. i am just on a bandwagon, only liking what other people like. i know resistance is such an underdog game and sony are the outlaw punks of gaming and you are so unique yourself. i get that.
    your post is full of ignorance and love for yourself. you are as unreflected as shit.

114. DrDamn

Agree Resistance and Killzone were Sony’s attempts to make a popular FPS. You can make a number of direct comparisons where Halo is generally considered better too – AI, controls, flexibility in MP. However they both play fairly differently to Halo too, so rather than being a poor man’s version they at least try to offer something different to Halo – whether they are to your tastes or not. I’d say Killzone in particular is a lot more heavily influenced by CoD than Halo. Resistance MP was always more old school and about OTT weaponry.

115. lexph3re

So lets get this straight . I am a noob because i already established that for me the series and playstyle has grown stagnant for me. That i should also continue to torment myself by going to MLG sites for players to quench my dead thirst of a game i lost passion for?

And because halo had one game out of the franchise with a heavy focus on earth after 3 space wars we say resistance is mocking Halo again? And how the hell do you have a poor mans HALO how douche baggy do you have to be in order to say something like that? I guess your only cool if you hang with the rich kids to huh?

You want to call me a hypocrite because you don’t see me stealth attack Sony frequently? Hell even in this article i didn’t attack MS . Unlike you i asked if people were playing the game this thread was about. Oh so hypocritical of me.

Also, im writing five paragraphs because i rather not have 8 seperate post of half assee oh wait i should have said this to post like you did.

Your idea of why a franchise exist is also laughable. So a company can’t explore an open market of creativity because that exclusively belongs to MS/Nin gotchu all hail the big 2.

Also, i didn’t say Halo was a straight casual game. I said i lost interest in the casual playstyles that run a muck. Like how i could say i hate seeing campers and snipers fill up a map in CoD. Its an annoyance and a right i have to implore in what i choose to spend my money on.

116. lexph3re

Poly if you could read you could tell that what my quarrel with you has nothing to do with resistance. But, your over compensation towards anyone with an objective view against nintendo and its magic as well as what you think is a better fit overall.

I know you like resistance i heard your praises for it here and there. But, who has the bigger issue here with others appreciating and or scrutinizing against others favorite thing? That would be you, sir. Even before wii u had definitive specs you refused to let people even express their concerns with the tech.

It was all whining about how people should shut up and have faith in “nintendo magic”.

Theres nothing to say sorry for, so why would i apologize to you for your one sided impressions

117. polygem

yes indeed. where can i sign that? people should indeed have faith in nintendo magic. who needs to know the specs for a ninty console? if that really makes me an ignorant fool in your world, fine.

i do not refuse to let people express their concerns about anything. something wrong with your memory chip you bot?

you said: ninty only kids games, shovelware, wii is collectiong dust, a toy, no real console….stuff like that. then you are pissed if someone tells you to sit down and shut up…?

118. Da Man

You’re a noob because you don’t know the basics of the game, obv. Which is why I adviced you to educate yourself a few posts back. You should go to less casual playlists if you want to play it more properly.

You didn’t lose any passion, you never had one.

As I said, you’re just full of shit.

Plenty of Halo happens on Earth. that one just was completely Earth based.

You ‘re a hypocrite because, like I said you fight for the most generic Sony churn and never criticize it. I do criticize and mock all companies.

You write essays because you fail at speech.

Any other questions?

119. lexph3re

I never said any of the aforementioned you claimed i said. Those aren’t even close to what i have a problem with nintendo with. So you are again painting a self pleasing world to justify yourself.

120. ManuOtaku

Iam very angry at this thread, it is me who should earn the title of the biggest Nintendo Defender not Poly or OG, man iam so piss off right now…. UGHHHHHHH….
    p.s writing this while wearing the NDF hat and T-Shirt.

121. polygem

@120: well Manu the early bird catches the worm. my advice. keep working hard, maybe, one day you´ll earn it too

;)

btw: the coup is: i earned it in a microsoft related article! that is art right here! watch and learn!

122. polygem

will you look for the link or will i have to lex???

123. lexph3re

Creating a false since of entitlement in my world again huh? So you also instantly know my skill level huh? You are a tard, keep telling yourself you know what drives me and what i love to do.

Again i don’t need to critize anything on this site. You would know this since you know me so well that i have a private site in which i discuss games with friends and friends of friends giving a much more pleasing amosphere than a tard on the internet that openly ridicules things to prove his point on a little corner of the internet.

Halo is not primarily earth based thats plain and simply fact. Even in Halo 4 its not eath based. Different set pieces, story, plot, objectives,timw period,struggles, and enemies. They are simply not the same

Look up the word hypocrite then look up the words that define hypocrite so you can break down your understanding so you can properly use the word.

124. Deacon

He loves to rile people up Lex… I know it’s difficult/frustrating, but just let him get on with it & go about your business.

125. lexph3re

You can look all you want, you will see how it wasn’t me saying it was any of the things you claim i said but other posters. Now do i know people who believe that the wii is all of thee above sure do.

126. polygem

you´re right lex i just checked, i mixed you up with that clupula guy…but anyway. if we take this thread here that´s good enough.

i mean you claimed that i am a bandwagon whore with no personal opinion.

nintendo magic exists.

127. DrDamn

Ah the stealth edit … did you look up hypocrite?

128. polygem

it does exist lex…no specs information required…it´s just there…for you…to embrace it.

129. polygem

that´s not stealth editing. it is editing. i edited it 5 seconds after posting it.
    and i said the same thing i had, just a shorter version of it.

130. polygem

no i know the word hypocrite. he used it in a wrong way.

131. ManuOtaku

#127 But the hypocrite calling was not torwards Polygem, was torwards Da Man Doc

132. DrDamn

And this is why it’s a stealth edit …

133. ManuOtaku

#131 Doc, would you please tell me what do you mean by stealth edit?, iam not following you.

134. lexph3re

Ok i admit that claim is harsh. I just don’t understand this unspoken alliance thats going around here lately.

135. polygem

oh boy doc…a stealth edit is when someone responds to a post in a very agressive way and is then editing it after someone responded in the same agressivenes. then you cange your post, make it more polite and the other guy looks like a fool. that did not happen here and i would never ever do that! i edited my post, within seconds, you were probably the only one reading it in that time dr. anyway, i said the same thing as in the existing post but deleted that i called lex the real hypocite here, i just wanted to be polite that´s why i deleted it. i changed my mind the moment i posted it. that´s not stealth editing. but if it makes you happy doc. @lex: you are the hypocrite here.

136. DrDamn

“A stealth edit occurs when an online resource is changed without any record of the change being preserved. The term has a negative connotation since it is a technique which allows an author to attempt to retroactively change what he or she said.”

I read what Poly wrote and then he changed it. My response was to the original post, but as you didn’t see that you don’t understand the context.

Poly used his example – still left in the post – to imply Lex was the hypocrite, and that he should look it up himself. It didn’t really make sense. It disappeared shortly after. Hence why I asked if he had just looked it up.

137. Deacon

@Manu – to my understanding, a ‘stealth edit’ is when someone will go back and edit their post, often to better support a current argument or to take out something which they regret saying. Ninja-style :)

138. Dragon246

139. Fin

Do any of ye have jobs?

140. polygem

free day today. yay.

@Dragon: :D

@Dr. i am not native english speaking. i edit stuff a lot. i kind of have to. but by no means i am stealth editing.

141. ManuOtaku

Ok thanks Doc, and Deacon, now i know/learn one more thing today.
    edit; add the word learn, just to demostrate i learn from this ;)

142. DrDamn

That’s just an example. The confusion caused with Manu is another.

The problem was the jump from “i mean you claimed that i am a bandwagon whore with no personal opinion.” to Lex being the hypocrite. For him to be the hypocrite you have to show he is the one who is a “bandwagon whore with no personal opinion”. You didn’t really do that.

143. ManuOtaku

I am hard at work, hardly working will be more accurate ;)

144. Dragon246

……
    Yeah, now here is a recap-
    Some people said that this game isnt free, more like a freebie for gold members.
    Then nerd rage followed proving psn sucks, then anyone who doesnt like halo is ignorant and doesnt own anything other than 360 and so on …

Happy wars indeed :D
    Proved- vg247 is better than happy wars at happy wars. AND ITS FREE!

145. ManuOtaku

If i would knew the context regarding this, i will shut up instead of asking, really guys, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

146. polygem

@Dragon: i wouldn´t sign your conclusions about what happened in this thread but yea, happy wars indeed.

147. ManuOtaku

I hope Brenna is watching this

148. Deacon

This thread got retarded the moment people started comparing PSN+ to Xbox Live.
    One is a paid service, the other is free.

Xbox Live GOLD is a paid service, through which this game is available to play. So it’s not FREE-TO-PLAY. Whereas there are genuinely FREE games to play via PSN.

Cue butthurt Sony-haters like Da Man whirlwinding things up into a storm. As usual.

149. DrDamn

I think you mean PSN to Xbox Live. Though PS+ to Live was done and is a silly comparison – two very different things as far as main focus goes.

150. Fin

Not want to be winding you up, but it is F2P. F2P means the game itself is free. The distribution is irrelevant, else no game could be considered free, as you need to pay for internet to play any F2P game.

151. Deacon

I just meant that Xbox Live in it’s basic form IS free, though to do pretty much anything you need a Gold sub.

I probably could’ve worded that better.

152. DrDamn

Oh god, 150 posts in and we appear to have eaten our tail and gone full circle …

153. ManuOtaku

#148 Deacon i dont see it that way, i see the game is free to play, what is not free is XBOX Live, but the game is free, GOLD subscribers dont pay anything for this game, which also might indicate that for microsoft users that doesnt have this paid subscription are not worthy of this free to play game, but that hasnt anything to do with the game on itself or the nature of the game, happy wars under its characteristics, is a free to play kind of game, at least in its structure of game, i mean the things that do defines free to play games, are well represented on happy wars.

154. Deacon

haha.. @150 – we’ve gone the pedantic route in another thread. Not again please.

And ok, you’re right. You too Manu.

What then do you call the PSN games that are free to play, and don’t even require a sub? They’re even more ‘free’ than Happy Wars! o_O what’s free-er than free-to-play?

155. ManuOtaku

#154 Deacon perhaps, free games in free enviroment? or free games in a free service?.
    And yes i understand your point, but because of LIVE, we shouldnt change the nature of the game, for some people is free, for me it was free even if i do pay for LIVE, because i do get discounts all months in LIVE that make this game in reality free too, therefore if you look into it i got my moneys worth with all the discounts, so this was in the end free after all, at least for me, of course free PSN discounts are way better in my eyes, because the service is free with all the discounts, which is even swetter, and for the way i play online i dont see major differences between the two, i dont have qualms regarding either of them, and for me both are good, with an slightly advantadge to PSN for its free nature.

156. Da Man

Raging idiot, yet again yes I do know your ‘skill level’, which should be zero seeing your ignorant nonsense.

Did you even play Halo CE?? Best way to play it was the magnum.. You’re so full of shit the flies are complaining.

You really should educate yourself.

And you should educate yourself on hypocrisy and it’s logical outcomes too, since you practice it regularly.

Yes you should criticize Sony. Everything you post here is the only possible way people can know anything about you. Unlike you, I don’t use unhealthy imagination to build images of random people.

So like i was saying, indeed you should criticize them before spewing your self contradicting nonsense about others. Again, I diss both. You and your grunt friendo diss anything but Sony, then angrily cry about harsh internet being rude to your precious.

You two (you and Grunt246) came into this thread, angrily reading post after post, seeking ‘unfairness’ and ‘bias’. Noone asked your shitty, uneducated opinion on Halo.

Fool.

157. ManuOtaku

Records are meant to be broken.
    p.s +350 comments

158. Deacon

I love you guys :)

159. Fin

F2P describes a type of game, not the service it resides on. Again, the medium is irrelevant.

my body is ready

160. lexph3re

This is how i know your comprehension is abysmal. I talk about the stagnant outcome the series has become and how it is not compareable to what you want it to be compared to and then you proceed to taok about?…….The magnums over use in combat evolved?

Dude you prove your ignorance without me even trying.

Now again lets review what i have said in this entire post:

I said psn is not compareable to xbl in offerrings bcause they offer cometely different services.
    I then said gold is not compareable to psn+ because again to different services.
    I never once bashed xbox through out this entire thread.
    I never once praised Sony throughout this thread
    I actually asked for impressions on this threads game
    I also said Halo no longer does anything for me due to casual playstyles that i grew to detest
    I never once said Halo was a shit series, i said the series in its own does ANOTHING FOR ME!

unlike you i dont have to diss,critize, or proclaim tyranny all the damn time i open my mouth/thought to the public

161. KrazyKraut

Hey yo…^^ whats going on here xDD Looks like we are in the eye of the shitstorrrrrrrrmmmm.

162. Da Man

You were saying how it’s a usual practice to exercise close combat, then you said I don’t know your skill. Yes I do, since magnum was the best way to play it.

I really don’t mind people not caring for Halo. Just don’t tell any bs to justify your purchase.

163. polygem

@160: that´s really how you are seing yourself? come on man. be honest to yourself.

164. lexph3re

Dude, it is a usual practice to jump all over the place in that game. In both close and far proximity. Again I only told you that i won gaming tournaments and that i lost interest in the game as time went on. Telling you what the average person does in a game doesn’t reflect my skill at all. Its an observation and if you watched some multiplaye footage from NYCC panels of halo 4 you will see exactly what im talking about and how its a correct observation.

Me not caring for halo is completely different then my “justifications” in not wanting to buy the 4th inetallment. While poly and i were talking about halo i told him why i didn’t care for the series any longer. You proceeded to start getting angry because of what i said calling me a hypocrite because what? I played and gave an impression of a game you haven’t even touched while it was in beta?

Right on for you intuitive execution in comprehensive reading.

165. lexph3re

Poly thats exactly what i have been saying this entire time. If you can’t see it than blame it on the barrier of intent the internet blocks mixed with overly emotional banters from peoples esteemed franchises/corporations.

166. Da Man

‘Dude’, first of close combat is the worst way to play it. At best you trade a death for a kill. More so in so called ‘played by you’ when you’ had teh passion’ Combat Evolved.. since magnum was deadly. it was a weapon pros dominated everyone.

You made an utterly inane, irrelevant remark and jumping all over the place as much as it is popular and can be useful is a small part of the game. Even in H3.

Me angry? You ‘re scanning threads (this is one which has abs nothing to do with you) for potentially hazardous anti-Sony posts, going in as soon as you notice one, and proceed to convince everyone how you lost interest in this series because casual players in adverts play casually..

. Refrain from babbling those fancy words you have no idea about.

167. lexph3re

Actually no, I came to this thread for impressions and met a great derailment of people who wanted to start talking about how XBL and PSN+ are compareable. So I jumped in on te fun. Had nothin to do with Sony why I came to this and if that were the case I think I would be on other threads as well wouldn’t I? Logic defeated.

I didn’t try to convince anyone of shit. You keep saying that it’s like talking to a person with alzheimers. Maybe you should look back at the part of the discussion where Poly and I were talking about halo 4. Completely relevant for me and his conversation. Your dumbass derailed even that.

I never even plan and simply dived into Halos mechanics because IT WASN’T RELEVANT! You brought it out of your ass just to try and make it seem like I didn’t know what the hell Halo CE (or all of them) Were about. And you failed at that, you just came off as a wanna be know it all in my life. Great job again there learned a lot about myself.

If you think those words were fancy then I think your just easily impressed.

Edit: had to add some H’s stupid keyboard

168. G1GAHURTZ

Don’t ever remember seeing any pro Halo players jumping all over the place.

Maybe, the new catchphrase of VG247 is appropriate here…

“You’re playing it wrong.”

169. Da Man

So you came here looking for impressions on something you would never play, and stumbled across comment on game you never (at least properly) played.. Which is why you thought you should tell everyone how little you care for it.

You really aren’t a bright person..

Of course you did, you tried to convince everyone and most of all yourself. You’re still doing that.

You re yet to add *anything* worthwhile. Esp on the topic of Halo.

You’re yet to tell me how casual players in adverts make a game irrelevant for someone who’s a casual player in denial.

I pointed out how little you know, and how much of a failure you are in regards to Halo. Now you say I failed at that.

Alzheimers you say? I think you’re so full of shit even Alzheimer doesn’t come close.

Funny, just not in a good way.

Fool.

170. OlderGamer

Too bad this site doesn’t have a way to mute other posters. Or openly ID “alt” accounts.

171. lexph3re

Da Man work your shit out seriously. Did I bring pro’s up in my observation of hands on impression of Halo 4? No. I brought up the hands on impressions of Halo 4 that looked bland and un appealing to me. Think it over ok.

Also, I came to a page to hear impressions of a game I may ACTUALLY play. Hence why I asked uestions on the game in the article. Don’t fucking tell me what I will and will not play when you don’t know what I own/play/purchase/or will purchase.

Again showing that impressive psychic ability to read into Lexph3re’s personally life. Good on you!

If you guys can’t seem to realize what I was talking about before hand earlier in the conversation quite trying to derail what i’m saying to fit your worthless agenda for undermining my knowledge of a game.

“Really, you tell a person that 2 plus 2 equals 4 and not 5, and he tells you how you’re wrong for trying to point out person’s lack of math education and proceeds to say you failed.

Funny, just not in a good way.”

Really? This is your rebuttal? You can’t even comprehend the shit YOU say.

Lastly, saying again how I play is in tune with my observation of regular players playstyle? Fail. I don’t intend to play Halo 4 competitively as I did the previous versions. I don’t intend to buy the game to play with hardcores. I don’t give a shit about the game anymore and have expressed that thoroughly!

So if you are still trying to derail me to try and make me contradict myself(much like you have been doing to your own statement about me) You will continue to fail.

So how about this one for you. The next post you post will do it’s best to mock/ridicule/ and undermine everything I have said again. You will repeat this same mistake as you have been. Then you will find another poster you think is agreeing with you and go on to think you aced me. Instead what I am going to do is not bother to respond to this anymore. Allowing you to continue this thread until you get someone else to feed you masterbation session that you have everytime you try and rile up others.

So proceed to do as I say and have fun with the rest of your day. Laters

172. ManuOtaku

OG, theres so much alternative accounts here, that they should start pondering about creating an alternate VG247 site ;), but is just fun sometimes they discuss and contradict even with themselves.

173. OlderGamer

Best to just ignore him Lex. His biggest reason and greatest joy in visiting here, Lex, is to make you or anyone else he can do exactly what you did. Not much you can do save for not commenting or visiting.

I agree Manu, about the number alts anyways. Most of the time I know who is who, sometimes it takes me a bit. I don’t agree it is fun or funny. I think it hurts the integrety of the site. It drives away readers/posters. After we got got rid of a couple of bad trolls a bit back, the site has now reached new milestones and set new records for unique visits. those things are closly linked.

174. polygem

@168:

“Maybe, the new catchphrase of VG247 is appropriate here…

“You’re playing it wrong.” ”

that made me laugh out loud in a good way!

175. monkeygourmet

So how many alt accounts are we talking do you think?

Care to out anyone?

Would be interesting, half the time i feel like im arguing, sorry, i mean talking to the same person over 2 accounts.

Ironically, my alt account is Dragon256 and i’ve been arguing with myself for the last few months… :D

I wonder how we’d all survive in a zombie apocolypse?!

176. polygem

ok, i admit it. i am Da Man and Erth…

177. monkeygourmet

Im Erthazus and so is my wife! :)

178. Da Man

You come across as some support employee trying to convince me I should buy something from them.

Really full of it, aren’t you? You said H4 will be irrelevant because the adverts depict ‘same old playstyle’. I then noted how this playstyle is very out of place. And how you should educate yourself with the formula. To which you replied how you had tournaments and stuff.. Which is 99 percent a bullshit.

You never actually played Halo. You never played it competitively. And you say the new one is irrelevant. Now ATTN: who gives a shit? I do, just to make you look like a moron (well, even more of a one).

I comprehend the shit very well. Please do tell me something which disproves my comment on close combat. It’s too bad you don’t know where to begin.

You lie to the internet, trying to convince yourself you don’t care for an Xbox videogame. It’s as simple as that.

You’re a fool. There’s hardly anything to mock here.

179. Da Man

Also, old man you do make enough useless long arse idiotic posts as it is. please do piss off with yet another 2 cents.

180. ManuOtaku

#175 monkey i know at least four, dont want to give you the names, because it is uncalled for on this thread, but i have hinted some of them in past threads, you need to have your eyes wide open, that or look past nintendo heavy commented threads.

181. monkeygourmet

You might be my alt account though… O__o

I propose we tie everyone up and take a sample of their blood…

I’ll heat up some wire and place it into each sample…

If we get a reaction, we’ll know… :)

182. ManuOtaku

#181 LOL monkey, yes, that reminded me the Thing Movie, we will find out that vg247 commenters are all aliens, from the following planets:

1.-Sony compose by two moons vita and orbis although one of those moons is not that popular right now, the population is very low, we need to wait for a change of weather in that moon.
    2.-Microsoft a greenish planet, they like war on first person and third person view, a very violent species, approach with care.
    3.-Nintendo, a very old civilization, but is mostly run by young people, it never gets old, we must study their DNA is magic, or so they say ;)

183. zinc

No I’m Erthazus!!

184. monkeygourmet

Yep, from the Thing, It’s the only way to be sure! :)

Of course, make sure your not sitting next to Erth when I test his blood, his stomach will split open revealing a dual Geforce Keplar 690 Graphics card and USB 3.0 cables will fly out and strangle us all! :)

185. ManuOtaku

#184 LOL i believe you man, that is a very possible thing to happen, for real, and the head will separete from the body and turn into a monitor with little legs and teeths running torwads you :) .

186. monkeygourmet

LOL :)

Although, now im going to have nightmares! ;)

187. polygem

:D :D :D

188. ManuOtaku

Now this is a very happy wars guys, we close this thing up rather nicely and fitting to the thread alright ;)

189. monkeygourmet

Doin’ it right! :)

Although we did end up taking the piss out of poor old Erth when he’s not here to defend himself! Oh well, im sure he’ll make up for it another day! :)

190. ManuOtaku

#189 Monkey i guess he will not mind it at all, he knows is some kind of love, otherwise we wouldnt even remember him in order to make jokes, but you are right he will make up for it later :)
    edit: i change we for he, my bad sometimes my brain cables do mix badly

191. monkeygourmet

This is true! :)

192. OrbitMonkey

I have a alternate account, for when I fancy a change of pace… A pony for whoever guesses correctly!

P.s. It’s not Erthazus ;-)

193. ManuOtaku

#192 Orbit Do you really do?, man thats a shocker to me, you change your style pretty good IMHO, well if i got to go with the saying Monkeys of the same feather, i will say is monkeygourmet :)
    p.s and i remember some conversation in the past and yep i think iam spot on, or not?

194. polygem

it´s obviously Dave Cook…can i keep it in the kitchen and chose color?

195. monkeygourmet

Racist! ;)

I don’t have any alt accounts for the record. I was a bit shocked (although not surprised) to hear that so many posters did though…

…waits for paranoia to set in…!

196. Christopher Jack

I am a fan of Halo but I see pro players jumping around like rabid monkeys all the time (well during firefights at least), it’s both annoying but works too. If they’re a good enough shot, they can jump around making it harder for you to shoot while they can (likely) shoot you just as easily as ever. The only ways I really beat guys like that was stealth. Crouch is a godsend for taking those hopping bastards down a peg. I both enjoy & resent Halo’s ridiculous jumping.

197. OrbitMonkey

@Manu & poly, nope and nope… And you can’t keep a pony in the kitchen poly!

I believe they prefer bedrooms…

198. Dragon246

Something bad happened, and I am alone in the house and bored.
    So for the lack of doing something better….

200-2!

199. Dragon246

ETA- One comment left to 200…

200. Dragon246

200!!!

@Everyone
    I think we can agree arguing is not bad, unless no one starts flaming right?

@Manu
    Ever played Hyperdimension Neptunia or mk2 ? They are based on console wars.