Newscast #1 – VG247 staff on Dishonored, GTA V, the new PS Store

Friday, 12th October 2012 12:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Let’s try chatting on the internet again! Check out me, Brenna and Dave talking through this week’s news in the first of an informal series. Unsurprisingly, our current thoughts our primarily focused on Dishonored.

Listen in for us chatting about Dishonored, GTA V, Mass Effect 3′s latest update, the new PlayStation Store, Darkstalkers and more. We’re probably going to keep doing this whether you listen to it or not, essentially because we just like talking.

1. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Bring back the old Bulletcast 70s theme as the intro :P

2. Patrick Garratt

I can’t find it any more :(

3. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Ah, what a shame.

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Yay! Great podcast guys, keep it up!

5. SlayerGT

See when I can listen to someone talk about games for “real” and better understand who they are and what they like..then the info out of a “review” becomes much more useful to me. I haven’t listened yet but I plan to. No squeaky Steph huh?? ;) love you Steph

6. SlayerGT

Ps Pat anyway to download for later listening? I do my podcasts while commuting.

7. Patrick Garratt

I’ve changed it so you can download it from Soundcloud. We’re going to have Steph and Sam on as we go along. We just want to keep it chatty and ad hoc, so different people will be talking about different stuff in future eps.

8. SlayerGT

Sweet Pat thanks :)

9. Patrick Garratt

I think we’re going to have to start using something else, though. It appears as though there’s mention of “money” on Soundcloud.

10. SlayerGT

“Money”?? Ef that. Maybe for Microsoft Points but money..

11. Patrick Garratt

I’ve find a free, unlimited solution. It’s nowhere near as pretty or useful, but it works.

12. Telepathic.Geometry

Free? Works? Ugly? Bring it on Pat! ^-^

13. Patrick Garratt

\o/

We’ll do another one next week.

14. Telepathic.Geometry

Cool beans. Was wondering where you’d gone Pat, seems like an age since we heard from you on the site somehow… Right, my copy of Dishonored just arrived today (on my birthday no less). I’m off to [not] kill everyone in sight! ^-^

15. G1GAHURTZ

^ Have a card!

Yes, so much time has passed since Pat was around regularly. Seems like such a long time ago in the past.

*ahem*

16. strikkebil

no itunes link?

17. Kabby

Love listening to stuff about games while browsing the internet. Cheers VG247.

18. SlayerGT

@14 You just answered your own question me thinks. Dishonored has him ;)

I’m a little over half way through listening to the cast. Sounds good. I have to turn the volume on my PSP and car stereo all the way up..but it comes out just loud enough. My only criticism is that you sound like you’re in the bathroom Pat :D other than that I’m really enjoying the commentary. Also Brenna your accent is delicious :) I’m also happy that you’re enjoying ME3′s mp. Sure you don’t NEED mp in all games but for hardcore fans like yourself, it is indeed a treat (when it’s done well obviously). I played the shit out of Red Faction Guerrilla’s. I thought it was really well done and most enjoyable. And Dave its nice to hear you “speak” freely. It makes reading your write-ups more grounded for me. Helps me understand what your personality is like. Keep em coming Pat :) Cheers