Borderlands 2 achievements hint at upcoming DLC

Wednesday, 10th October 2012 08:26 GMT By Stace Harman

Yesterday’s update to Borderlands 2, which added new character Gaige the Mecromancer to Gearbox’s looter-shooter, looks to have revealed clues to the game’s first, major location-based DLC.

Shack News has reported that new achievements added to Borderlands 2 yesterday, point to the new desert town location of Oasis as possible upcoming DLC, in an update titled “Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty.”

One of the new achievements, titled Gadabout, is awarded when you discover “all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate’s Booty areas,” suggesting a new area will be delivered.

Elsewhere, details of the source files from the PC version of Borderlands 2 posted on the Gearbox forums suggest possible new items and a new vendor who sells top-level gear but only accepts “Seraph Crystals” as payment.

1. freedoms_stain

Hoping they expand the backpack space with the dlc, 27 slots in the base game is nothing.

2. fightclubdoll

I did not see the addition of ANY achievements to my game on Xbox 360. The Shack News piece cites specifically PS3 Trophies and PC files.
    I think those are the ONLY versions that contain the new clues.

When you say “achievements” my first thoughts are Xbox… but unless there’s something wrong with my game, no Xbox 360 Achievements were actually added by the Mechromancer DLC.

I downloaded it yesterday and played her for 6 hours. My list of Borderlands 2 Achievements is exactly the same as it was the day before.

3. Kloudrunner

Excellent. Pirate themed Borderlands areas and characters tick all my timbery boxes and the high level vendor gives me shivers the likes of which Davey Jones would be fearful of.

Played as the Mechromancer last night and love the Anarchy stacks and Deathtrap tears up the place. Awesome sauce indeed.

4. freedoms_stain

Did anybody say semantics?

Yes, me, now, semantics, get over it.

5. Cobra951

It’s more than semantics; it’s a fair assumption. Not that it’s a big deal. On that we agree.