Halo 4’s Forge Mode has been detailed a bit more through a new video released by Gamespot.
- Players can choose various options for object types such as specific palettes for maps.
- Objects will be highlighted green so to be placed or deleted, and they can also be duplicated using the d-pad.
- Shadows will also appear depending where the object is placed.
- Most Forge mode pieces have magnets for easier “snaps between objects.”
- The Ordinance System, which is new, provides access to dropping ordinance. At the start of the map, initial drops will occur and the random drops “randomize which ordinance show up.” Objective drops occur when players accomplish certain goals.
- A new gadget called Gravity Volumes allow players to change traits when a player enters a zone. Within the zone, low gravity is activated.
- Pieces can be locked into place to avoid being moved or edited by mistake.
- A “Delete Everything” option is available should the player wish to start over again from scratch.
- Trait Zones can be scaled in width and height and shields set in health, weapons and damage, equipment, and more can be set. Player speed, jump height and more can also be set and will appear invisible inside the game.
Halo 4 is an Xbox 360 exclusive due in November.