Of Orcs and Men Buddy trailer totally mentions butt watching

Friday, 5th October 2012 02:02 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Of Orcs and Men is a third-person action game so you will be staring at an enormous green orc butt – and/or tiny wizened goblin butt – for quite a lot of it. This new trailer ends on a note making it clear that you are not the only one occupied with this task.

The two protagonists of Of Orcs and Men have very different skill sets, which is useful as the mission you embark on is pretty hefty – kill the Emperor, leader of the encroaching human invasion – and will probably involve equal amounts sneaky stabbing and less subtle smashing.

Of Orcs and Men has a slightly complicated release schedule; it arrives on PC worldwide, and hits PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Europe, on October 11. In the US, it’ll appear on the PlayStation Network on October 16.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. roadkill

And you also get to kill Dalmatians! Sweet! :D

2. NeoSquall

Until now I just looked at pretty insipid pictures and wasn’t really interested, but after watching this trailer I am pretty interested!

3. viralshag

This does look decent. It’s a shame it comes out the same weekend as Dishonored. Probably won’t see the sales it might deserve.

4. YoungZer0

@3: Not to mention that the advertisement for this game has been pretty quiet.

5. DSB

I think whether you want this game or not is directly proportionate to whether you’ve played a Cyandie title before or not.

6. absolutezero

I was just about to mention the muted response might have something to do with the two previous Game of Thrones titles.

7. viralshag

@4, Yeah, it’s definitely going to go under the radar. Part of me thinks that because it’s made by Cyanide. I normally don’t get too involved in the studio/publisher politics of games but their GoT game looked and sounded pretty bad.

Edit: Wow, 5 and 6 got in there pretty quick. :P

Apparently the PC and console version were built in parallel and it’s not a port. I also haven’t heard of the Silk Engine it uses so to me it’s a complete unknown. If it reviews well though, I will consider picking it up at full price.

8. DSB

It’s not the tech, it’s the studio :P

Cyanide have that…. What do you say… “Touché la merde”.

I never took French, I just imagine that means “the touch of shit”. As in everything they touch turns to that.

9. viralshag

Oh yeah, I’m not saying the tech and the studio is linked in any way. Just that I’ve never heard of this engine before until now… not that I pay all that much attention to what game engines are used anyway haha. ;)

10. MadFingerz

The dialogue script and voice work are terrible. You could put a group of 12 year olds D&D nerds working on it and they would produce something better.

@DSB That’s not quite what it means, lol. Touché la merde would mean something like Hit the shit. But who cares, French sucks ^^

11. viralshag

I was trying to remember what game I think this will compare to, then a friend reminded me… it’s Hunted: The Demon’s Forge.

I don’t know how many of you played it but my mate and I couldn’t stomach more than an hour of it. It was really shit. I have a feeling this will be similar, sadly.

12. TheWulf

Eh. I’m still interested. None of the games I’ve liked were particularly popular in their time. See: Psychonauts. I loved the hell out of that game when it came out, but it took years for the rest of the Internet to catch on to the fact that it was actually a really bloody good game.

This might be okay. At least it’s different from the usual mindless fantasy sludge we have scooped our way.

13. absolutezero

Its about as different as Two World 2. Psychonauts was lauded from its launch.

Never mind about all that though I mean I totally bought ICO at launch aswell and no one gave a fuck about that until SotC came out. That must mean my tastes are totally better than everyone elses.

Help me my neck cannot support my head.