Planetside 2 is free-to-play, but premium members will score some sweet bonuses.
As detailed on the MMO’s forum, membership will cost $15 per month and grant the following bonuses:
- 25-50% increased resource gain.
- 25-50% increased XP gain.
- 25-50% increased passive cert point gain.
– Note: Each of the above start at 25% and increase by 5% per month of sustained membership up to a total bonus of 50% each at 6+ months membership.
- Priority login queue
- Early Access to new cosmetic items on the store
- 500 StationCash each month
SOE had planned for members to receive increased resource pool caps, but removed this bonus after fans argued it would grant a gameplay advantage; the extra StationCash is a compensation for this.
Regarding bonuses which stack with each month of subscription, those who purchase more than one month subscription at a time will be immediately elevated to the level of the number of months purchased. Lapsed accounts have 30 days to re-subscribe in order to hold onto the stacked bonuses.
The new membership details were hammered out in a long dialogue between Sony Online Entertainment and potential players after the developer posted a lengthy explanation of its philosophy regarding avoiding pay-to-win scenarios.
Planetside 2 is in closed beta and expected to launch this year.