Tue, Oct 02, 2012 | 09:42 BST
Wii U games to average around AUD$80 – rumour
An Australian retail leak suggests local pricing for Wii U games may sit comfortably below those of rival consoles.
Vooks cites a memo from an unnamed retailer for news that first and third-party Wii U games have been priced, with consumer-facing confirmation to come soon.
The site has prices for a number of games, with the majority of triple-A titles sitting at the $80 mark, with the notable exception of Call of Duty – generally more expensive than other releases, regardless of platform – and Skylanders, which comes with a physical peripheral.
Here’s the list so far:
- $59.95 – Game Party Champions
- $69.95 – Tank Tank Tank!, 007 Legends, Transformers Prime, Rise of the Guardians, Family Party, Ben 10
- $79.95 – Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, Nintendo Land
- $99.95 – Skylanders (starter pack)
- $109.95 – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3DS games usually carry an RRP of about $70, while PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases hover around the $90 point.