Spelunker HD, Hell Yeah!, RE5, Bulletstorm head up October PS Plus content

Tuesday, 2nd October 2012 14:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

PS Plus content for October has been detailed by Sony. Hit up the break to see what you are getting this month, Europe.

PS Plus October:

• October 3: Spelunker HD – 50% off the full game and 50% off various DLC packs for two weeks
  • October 10:  Derrick the Deathfin – 30% off
  • October 17: Dogfight 1942 – 50% off a bundle including the full game and two DLC packs
  • October 24: Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit – 20% off DLC packs

Also available on October 10 will be Bulletstorm and the Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition with all post-launch DLC and Move support.

Tomorrow, Plus members can get free access to Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit.

The following will be removed from the Instant Game Collection this month:

October 3: Red Dead Redemption
October 10: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
October 10: Saints Row 2

Hit up the link for more information.

1. DrDamn

Just to clarify as the Blog post wasn’t that clear either. Full games schedule is :-

03/10 – Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit
    10/10 – Bulletstorm
    10/10 – Resident Evil 5

2. drewbles82

I dont understand why MS are not trying to compete with these free full games. I’ve too much invested in my xbox to swap now but its so tempting.

3. DrDamn

You’ll see something come from MS next generation I think. They’ll build it into a monthly subscription model (as will Sony I think) – and greatly subsidise the cost of the machine. So new XBox/PS4 = £100 + £15 per month over at least 24 months? Perhaps a couple of different levels of subscription. Very much the mobile phone type model where hardware is cheap and games as a service contract.

4. Dragon246

Just goes to show how great ps plus is. If you are on playstation, you must buy it. If you are not, you are missing on the best games subscription ever.

5. Gadzooks!

#2

1) They arent free, its part of a subscription.
    2) When you stop subbing you lose them.
    3) You can probably buy them for the cost of a months sub.
    4) You really dont want to swap to PS3. All the stuff that just works on XBL… Its a fucking ballache on PS3. You WILL spend more time patching than playing. Been there, LOL’d, sold that shit.

PSN is just cheap. Not good value, just cheap.

6. Ireland Michael

@5 “You can probably buy them for the cost of a months sub.”

Not even close to throw. A months worth of new games is equivelant to three months of my subscription.

7. OrbitMonkey

@Gadzooks, Funny, been playing for months now and no patches!! Didn’t even have to install Borderlands 2!!

Either my ps3 is broken or your doing your Elmer F.U.D. impression again ;-)

8. Gadzooks!

#7

Woo! A game that runs from disc on PS3!

Better keep that one, it’s rare as hen’s teeth.

#6

They arent new games.

9. Dragon246

@7,
    Can you now understand how ignorant his comments is?

10. ManuOtaku

One question guys what did happen to machinarium?, yesterday i was buying rainbow moon, malicius and arcade pinball, but i wanted to get machinarium too, but it is not there, and if i dont recall wrong i see some news that it has been released, or it was only in Europe/Asia?, iam really interested in this game :S

Regarding plus, i havent yet see the value in it with the discounts free PSN offers on daily basis, and most of the games, not the PSN ones, i already own them, therefore iam not interested in it to tell you the truth, not that i dont find it worth it, is just that i found free PSN pretty good either way IMHO.

11. Gadzooks!

#9

Can you shut the fuck up while were having a conversation? Go to your room and sort your action figures or watch Nicktoons or something.

12. DrDamn

A months sub is £3.33, or only £2.50 if you bought it in the recent sale. You are getting 3+ games a month at the moment. Some of them brand new PSN titles and some older full retail games. That is fantastic value what ever way you want to spin it.

13. Gadzooks!

#12

Its of value to a specific subset of people: Those who havent played the games already.

Popular older games = high probability of having played it.

14. OrbitMonkey

@Gadzooks, Theirs loads of games that don’t need a install you big fibber!! :-P

15. DrDamn

That subset is the majority. Most people would be hard pressed not to get a years worth of value from the initial list available to you on signing up – that’s before all the updates throughout the year. 10 games straight off and 45 over the year.

16. OrbitMonkey

What I’d like to know is how Sony are funding it tbh. I mean Human Revolution wasn’t that old, Strangers Wrath had only just been released and the list goes on…

17. Dragon246

@11,
    Bored of triss eh? Need a new one? Use shagagamer.com
    Of course, if you are a heavy user who buys like 40-50 titles including all free games, there is little incentive in igc, but discounts are pretty good too and are generally on popular games.
    Btw, have you used baka.me for unlicensed old and new anime/manga. Completely legit and good community too.

18. Ireland Michael

@13 And yet, as someone who buys games almost weekly, there has been barely a handful of games offered on PS+ so far that I already owned. I’ve been enjoying the hell of this month’s selection especially.

Of course value is relative. The same could be said of the Xbox if you don’t care about Halo or Forza, or Kinect.

Just to add to that point, I’ve been super excited about HELL YEAH. Now I’m getting it for free. That’s the value of my subscription for the month right there a few times over. I will have the game cleared and mopped long before my subscription runs out.

19. ManuOtaku

#17 yes i agree Dragon, most of the time i buy the games i want on release day, this is why i said i know is worth it, but is not for me, iam quite happy with the free PSN because it does offer good discounts too on games that i dont own, which is a compliment the way i see it, not to bash it, for the sake of it, that wasnt the intention, sorry if i didnt explain myself correctly, the language barrier thing.

Well no man sorry, but thanks for the tip anyway, i dont have the time to surf the web, and in work the access is deny of course, so i think i might be try it this decemenber on my anual vacations.

20. Clupula

I’m okay with the free PSN, but that also has to a lot to do with America’s PS+ selection not being as good as Europe’s. Still, I couldn’t be happier with my PS3 unless they put back in PS2-backwards compatibility, which I don’t see happening.

21. Ireland Michael

@20 “I’m okay with the free PSN, but that also has to a lot to do with America’s PS+ selection not being as good as Europe’s”

That’s funny, because most Europeans seem to say the exact same thing about the US PS+ being better. We (Europe) have had maybe one or two months with a slightly better selection, at most.

22. ManuOtaku

Yes PSN is good and PSN + is even greater, we all agree, now can someone tell me what did happened to machinarium, for me that is a more relevant issue here ;)

23. DrDamn

It was definitely available (and included in PS+) in the UK.

24. ManuOtaku

#22 thanks for the respond, now if you excuse me doc, i have an application to fill, i will join the group of “PSN Europe has the better titles” ;)

25. Dragon246

Well, it would have something to do with dev locations I guess too, with eu psn getting free games from eu devs and vice-versa. I am just guessing.
    The recent Walking Dead and even worse cs:go (still not solved) fiasco doesnt help eu psn reputation either.