Miyamoto working on a “fantastic project” for Wii U

Friday, 28th September 2012 07:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A number of favourite Nintendo developers are hard at work on new Wii U games, which we may see as early as E3 2013, according to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

GoNintendo harvested a couple of snippets from Fils-Aime’s appearance on GTTV today, including news that Zelda, Mario, Pikmin and Petz creator Shigeru Miyamoto is working on a “fantastic project”.

Donkey Kong Returns and Metroid Prime developer Retro Studios and Nintendo EAD are also working on secret projects which Fils-Aime described as fantastic.

The executive said we’ll probably hear about these new games at E3 2012, assuming they are far enough along, and that several major first party titles are in the works.

Fils-Aime also re-confirmed Bayonetta as a Wii U exclusive, and that Nintendo is publishing the game worldwide.

1. Dragon246

Surprise surprise!!!!!
    Also kojima is making a mgs game and inafune is also working on a fantastic game.

2. Fin

Pikmin 4???

New Super Mario Bros Wii U 2???

3. OrbitMonkey

Oh look a Nintendo story with the first 2 comments by Ninty’s biggest fans!

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Now now monkey, behave.

5. Deacon

As much as I’ve been ragging on WiiU, I’m really interested to see what sort of titles arrive on it over 2013/2014.

I’d love to love Nintendo again.

6. Telepathic.Geometry

I think that that’s a sentiment a lot of people share, which is probably where a lot of the negativity tends to come from…

7. RandomTiger

I just hope its an actual game rather than an experience / toy

8. Dragon246

@3,
    Funny how you took my comment as a negative one. I just pointed out the obvious.
    Guess NDF looks everything not positive as negative.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

Oh Jesus, give over will ya…

10. ManuOtaku

#8 I didnt received the internal memo of orbit beind on the NDF, OG i demand some explanations, you know very well we dont accept everybody, we have a tight/hard interview process ;)

11. Dragon246

@10,
    So sorry dude. I need to be careful of these wannabe NDF members :)
    If I am right, current members are you,OG, Poly and maybe monkeygourmet..
    Well, you dont need to share the list as I guess its top secret right ? :P

12. ManuOtaku

#11 no, it is open to the public,i mean the information, what is not open is the entry ;)

13. OlderGamer

Looking forward to hearing more about what he is doing. Also hoping it is a self contained game rather then something else.

And for what it is worth, Orbit is spot on. If the game system doesn’t interest you, move on. No need to shake the bee hive everytime Nintendo is mentioned. Otherwise one could call it trolling couldn’t they?

14. monkeygourmet

Did someone say my name?! ;)

This console is going to do big things IMO.

I don’t think we will see another console till 2014, so just give in and buy a Wii U! Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face, why not enjoy some unique experiences till the graphics takeover happens!

15. Dragon246

@13,
    Geez,cut me some slack. Cant take a bit of humor and manu did? You derived a hell lot of meaning from a simple line.
    I think you are smarter than bees ;)

Well dont worry, I aint an early adopter. Wont be buying any next-gen console till price cut and at least one hardware revision.

16. polygem

i was offline for two weeks. just clicked the first nintendo related vg247 article i could find…so happy that nothing changed at all while i was off :D!