Mass Effect Trilogy to release on PC, PS3 and 360

Wednesday, 26th September 2012 16:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mass Effect Trilogy, a compilation of all Mass Effect games in one box, will arrive in stores during November.

Alongside the release, BioWare will declare a N7 Day, “a worldwide celebration of the Mass Effect franchise on November 7.” A variety of in-game, online and live events are planned. More information on this will be announced at a later date.

The box will contain all three titles in the series with over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3’smultiplayer mode.

It release on PC and Xbox 360 November 6. It will run you $59.99.

It will release on PS3 at a later date and Mass Effect 1 will be available on PS3 for the first time through the Mass Effect Trilogy and digitally as a standalone title via the PlayStation Network.

1. dex3108

You mean PC and Xbox 360 :D PS3 version will come later

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 It’s called breaking news. It is all in there now. You know how we do stuff.

3. DrDamn

Might be interested in this if they did a WiiU release retro fitting the pad enhancements. /dreams

4. YoungZer0

Really? The first one for the PS3? Interesting.

5. trav

Does this mean the PS3 gets the original game?

6. moargamezpleeze

Whoa even in 2012,megatons are dropping! If first party don’t own the IP then nothing is certain.

7. CyberMarco

No DLC included?

8. OrbitMonkey

Ohhhhhh yeah!!!

*remembers driving the Mako around all the planets in ME1*

Ohhhhhh Noooooo!!!

9. ManuOtaku

Mako mako man…. i want to be… a mako man ;)
    p.s i did quite like the mako, i miss it ever since, i like it better than the scanning of resources on planets, it had more potential if it was improved or handled better (the missions i mean and the way to use it on those missions) T_T

10. OlderGamer

Doc +1

11. Kaufer

Oh wow! I never thought ME1 would actually go to PS3 since its published by Microsoft. Now i wonder if another trilogy will be ported over in the future.

12. Stephany Nunneley

@7 It didn’t say in the press release, but “more information is promised soon” from what I gathered in the PR. Which seems to always be the case of late. :(

13. Maximum Payne

It would be very very stupid not to release with DLC considering $60 price tag.

14. ManuOtaku

Nah, they probably will release it on another collection just pure DLC from this franchise, is to powerfull the money force, on them.

15. Stephany Nunneley

Box art is in there now.

16. jldoom

YES!!!!! I’ve been waiting for ME1! Now I can play all three in order.

17. KrazyKraut

So do I understand that right: Trilogy for PS3 comes later with all physical THREE (including ME 1) titles + ME1 separately on PSN?

18. KrazyKraut

Ah and btw….the trust of EA and MS is forever gone. I mean I am happy about that (as a non-360 owner) and I dont give a fuck about new decisions but a statement is a statement and a promise is a promise.

The last paragraph of the article.

19. osric90

I just want the FIRST GAME FOR THE PS3 on a BLU-RAY DISC! Does anybody know if it’s gonna be released as a single package later? It would be so damn sad if not…

20. Ireland Michael

@19 Doubt it. The games is way too old to warrant a single disc release.

21. Beta

ME1 for ps3? Sold! ;)

22. TheOutcastWolf

@19 I think it might only come as a digital version to grab at PSN… It’s probably better this way

@17 Damn straight

@1 I smell fanboy

@7 It’s EA, we all know how mercenaries they are…

23. joshua nash

@18 i wonder how in the hell MS can allow this to happen, cause after all they have said that ME1 is exclusive to 360, but this trilogy now proves that statement to be complete bs

24. roadkill

I don’t know about you but this I consider to be BEST MONEY EVER SPENT! That is.. if you don’t own the games already. And who doesn’t!? Speaking of which.. who will buy this? :)

25. Dragon246

3 good games on a single blu-ray, very good deal. Looking forward to it.

26. Stephany Nunneley

More screenshots are in there now. Have a look.

27. Hunam

I think I might poke Bioware again for a PC patch to ME1, I mean if they want to ask money for it again I want Garrus to actually have a hi-res face instead of being stuck on ultra low.

28. osric90

@25 Dude, if they release the three of them on a single Blu-ray disc, I’m sold no matter how many versions I already have.

29. roadkill

@27 Well, since there are high res textures for ME2 and 3 there might be high res textures for ME1 as well. Just do a quick forum search.

30. Froseidon

Has it actually occurred to anyone that MS might have had business decisions with Sony? I know they compete but sometimes, businesses will co-operate if it benefits both parties. Sony might be giving some small royalties to MS for the rights to have it on the PS3. This will benefit MS in some way I’m sure of it.

I mean, looks at Guitar Hero and Rock Band, both companies were competitors but they worked together to make sure their tech worked with the other game as it was mutually beneficial.

Also @18 – You’re article is like 2 years out of date, times change.

31. freedoms_stain

@30, unlikely to have anything to do with Sony, more likely EA have acquired sole publishing rights from Microsoft and therefore can do whatever the fuck they want.

32. Gadzooks!

#30

Finally, a sane comment.

MS won’t make any more money from ME1, it’s exclusivity served it’s purpose a long time ago.

If money can be made from licensing the rights to ME1 then it’s a win-win for all parties, both platform holders and gamers.

#32

Just as plausible, same outcome.

33. Aviator705