XCOM: Enemy Unknown PC demo live now on Steam

Monday, 24th September 2012 16:21 GMT By Dave Cook

XCOM: Enemy Unknown has received a PC demo from 2K Games and Firaxis.

The demo can be downloaded on Steam here and includes two tutorial missions from the full single player campaign. Publisher 2K Games has confirmed that the same demo will hit PS3 and Xbox 360 soon.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown launches on PC, PS3 and Xnox 360 across Europe on October 12.

1. ballz

as always like the last demos, it doesnt install
    stem should repair this shit already
    shad’o demo is up on steam for almost 1 week nd still cant be installed

2. DSB

Holy shitballs!

It. Is. On.

3. YoungZer0

5 GB for a demo? Why?

4. NeoSquall

I see 2 Xcom demo entries on my Steam, but I can actually download neither.
    I’m sad :( gimme demo!

edit: nvm, I restarted Steam and it works now. downloadin’!

5. DSB

Always, always restart Steam. I don’t know why, but it tends to fix 90% of the problems :P

6. Takeshi

Nice! I’ve been eyeing the game for a few days. Mostly that little since I thought it was going to be a generic FPS. But this actually looks interesting. Hopefully, the demo is going to be just that.

7. NeoSquall

@6 The XCOM FPS is an entirely separated thing from the Xcom: Enemy Unknown RTS.
    The developers are completely different as well, 2K Marin for the FPS and Firaxis for the RTS.

8. Deacon

I’m so stoked for this game, words cannot describe. The original was just so captivating and nail-biting back in the day, and I’m glad to hear they’ve treated it with respect and kept some of that difficulty intact.

I think I’m going to avoid the demo so I don’t ruin the sheer joy of sitting down with this on the 12th.

You guys have fun with it though ;)

9. DSB

@8 I know, it’s huge.

I’ve been playing that game since it came out in the 90′s. I remember having to use 46 compact discs to install it. The “amazing” graphics, not least the intro.

And I’ve been playing it at least once a year ever since. It’s got my vote for the best game ever made.

This is going to be very, very interesting to see.

10. DSB

Floppy discs* Duh :P

The demo is more of a teaser than anything else. It doesn’t really spoil anything, and it doesn’t really prove anything either. So far so good though.