Wii U: Reggie would ‘love to see Gamecube games on Virtual Console’

Friday, 21st September 2012 13:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Wii U is by far Nintendo’s most web-friendly console to date, bringing together Miiverse and a already-establish roster of Virtual Console content. But Nintendo of America head Reggie Fils-Aime would personally love to see Gamecube titles added to the store.

Nintendo Life reports that earlier this month company exec Amber Mcollom said, “GameCube discs will not be compatible with Wii U, but a number of the games that were playable on GameCube can be downloaded from WiiWare.”

But then nothing further was said on the matter, until now.

Nintendo Life added that Reggie Fils-Aime was cornered by Kotaku on the same subject recently, and he apparently said with a smile and a wink, “That is a great question. And personally I would love for that to happen, but we have nothing to announce right now.”

So it seems that Nintendo is keen on bringing its Gamecube slate to Wii U’s online store, but they appear to be coy about it.

Let’s go nuts here. What Gamecube games would you like to see on the Wii U’s digital store front, and what sort of prices would you be willing to pay for the pleasure?

1. Telepathic.Geometry

HULK FUCKING RAGE!!!

What the fuck, it’s not like Ninty didn’t plan from the very beginning not to include GC BC specifically in order to re-sell all their GC back-catalogue, but Jesus ducking Christ, there’s no need for the fucker to act all magnanimous about it is there?

Cunt (not you Dave, Ninty).

2. OlderGamer

HD remakes for digital downloads incoming.

3. Da Man

Pathetic.

4. Hellhound30x

Don’t know… I hardly played the Nintendo Gamecube as it was….

5. naffgeek

If they bring a HD version of Wind Waker out my wife will force me to buy one (is it an outright lie to tell her it is coming?).

I do want a WiiU after all.

6. ManuOtaku

Well i will buy without any shadow of doubt some Gamecube HD tittles, like baten kaitos, wind waker, luigis mansion, odama, eternal darkness, and a bunch more, well let it happen nintendo, i love some of the sony HD collections, and without a doubt i will love this ones too.

7. Lightmanone

Ha, how great is this. Let’s recap first:
    I have to wait for the WiiU (this is important, read on)
    I have to pay for the games that I already own.
    It most likely will be a direct port, with no visual upgrades.

Right NOW.. (i am gonna play in a few minutes) I am starting Dolphin on my PC, gonna play Baten Kaitos, with the original ISO, but the funny thing is, the graphics look 3 times better and way sharper on the PC then the GC or the Wii could show. Funny thing is, the WiiU won’t show it better, cause it will use an output of 576i at most (as much as the video’s are) but the graphics can output way more.
    It’s a shame really, that not people will see what the gamecube was able to for real.

I’m off :)