FIFA 13: Rangers added to roster as ‘Rest of World’ team

Friday, 21st September 2012 12:40 GMT By Dave Cook

FIFA 13 publisher EA has revealed that Scottish team Rangers is being added to the club roster, despite starting over in the nation’s third division over recent financial crises.

The official EA Sports FIFA 13 twitter revealed Ranger’s inclusion today, along with the message, “Rangers @RFC_Official will feature as one of our Rest of the World sides in #FIFA13″

What do you make of this? Should Ranger be included on merit, or should they be left out of the game? Let us know below.

1. MadFlavour

They should be left out.

2. G1GAHURTZ

They should be in their proper league, if it’s in the game, or not at all.

3. Joe Anderson

Wooo Rangers FC FTW!!! Greatest football team in the world :D

p.s Of course they should be added, It’s be foolish of EA to not include any club with a huge fan base such as Rangers.

4. Dave Cook

@2 it’s not. I think that’s what’s getting some people upset.

5. G1GAHURTZ

@3,4:

That’s fair enough… We can talk about fan base, but if I’m not mistaken, a RoW team can’t play in any leagues anyway, so you’re stuck with local and online multiplayer. And how many of those fans are going to want to play with the players that Rangers have now, against the top teams that everyone else is bound to pick?

They can put them in the game, but I don’t think Rangers fans will use them without a league.

6. Joe Anderson

4,5 I suppose if you can’t use them in a league then it’s a bit rubbish really. You can great custom leagues though can you not? Surely you can also use them in Career Mode?

7. TheBlackHole

I don’t have an issue with them being included. It literally doesn’t affect me at all, so why should I care? Why should anyone care?

8. viralshag

I can’t wait to get my hands on FIFA13! If the Season ticket offered 7 days of early access as opposed to 3, that would also be a done deal.

9. kingofscotland

I’ve refused to pre order until I knew if Rangers were included as they are my team and always use them unlike 90% of people who use Barca or Real.

10. Dave Cook

@7 not sure mate, but a lot of people did :)

(I don’t follow football btw)

11. Stardog

Should a team that have won more league titles and trebles than any other club in the world football be included in a football game?

Of course they should.

12. danny91

@ G1GAHURTZ

You are indeed mistaken.

It is possible to swap any team into any league in career mode by pressing Y/triangle.

Mistaken.