Thu, Sep 20, 2012 | 11:13 BST
DotA 2: new character Meepo goes live tonight, patch notes revealed
DotA 2 is getting a new character tonight, the odd-looking Meepo. He’s a slippery bugger in that he can create clones of himself, so you could potentially have six Meepos running around in a match raising hell. Valve made the announcement as part of its latest patch note reveal. Get all of the patch notes below.
Valve announce Meepo over at the game’s forum, and PCGamesN has helpfully described what he’s like to control, stating that he’s tricky because you essentially have to ‘split your brain into five parts’
Here are Valve’s patch notes:
- Added Meepo!
- In the Test client, heroes will now randomly equip cosmetic items every time they spawn.
- Pugna: Fixed Nether Ward briefly registering the incorrect team right after casting.
- Wisp: Fixed being able to Teleport a Tethered creep to the enemy base.
- Lich: Fixed Chain Frost being dodgable.
- The buyback button is no longer shown when the hero is reincarnating.
- Shift clicking a recipe now puts it in quickbuy.
- Fixed misaligned tooltips in the combine tree.
- Pennants now work for any game that’s part of a tournament.
- Equipped pennants are now visible in your base when you’re playing.
- New broadcaster select dialog.
- Added animated Firstblood, killstreaks and multikills notifications.
- Reduced opposing-team pause resume time down to 5 seconds (from 30 seconds).
- The top bar healthbars now show up any time a player is spectating.
- Fixed issues with the featured hero in the profile not showing the right hero, or not animating after toggling the dashboard.
- Stackable items now have their sellback time expired when they are stacked by a movement inside the inventory.
- The suggested items tab is now reloaded after a player swaps heroes with someone else.
- Added a effect that plays the whole time Keeper’s Mana Leak is active on a target, not just when the target moves.
- Player’s chosen team pennant will display in the fountain area.
- Added Lich bot.
- Added Death Prophet bot.
- Added Viper bot.
- Bots will now select heroes their teammates have suggested in the hero picker.
- Increased the radius and strength of fountain avoidance.
- Tuned the strength of bots desire to place a ward, they should be somewhat more cautious about it now.
- Bots now wait 15 seconds after hero-picking to spring into action. This gives players the opportunity to buy their own couriers, if they want.
- Bots will no longer try to TP out of a fight if they’re currently visible to the enemy team.
- Bots now try to path through FoWed areas when retreating.
- Bots now pay attention to multiple pings, and will use them to strengthen their desire to attack a hero, defend a lane, or push a lane.
- Bots that are disabled due to missing players on the opposing team are now also invulnerable so they cannot be farmed.
- Supports will now defer last-hitting to non-supports in their lane.
- Bots on easier difficulty levels will now be worse at retreating out of a gank.
- Fixed bug with the avoidance of Dark Seer’s wall (only half the wall was being avoided).
- Slightly increased sticktoitiveness of bots overall, but moreso for medium and easy bots.
- Made Tiny bot less likely to Avalanche when retreating (so it’s harder to harass him into using all his mana)