Torchlight 2 soundtrack available in full, for free

Wednesday, 19th September 2012 01:51 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Torchlight 2′s entire soundtrack, “mixed and mastered specifically for your listening enjoyment, in professional CD-quality” is available entirely free for your downloading pleasure.

The anticipated action RPG sequel drops on September 20 for just $20, which Runic says is as “viable and profitable” as the usual triple-A pricetag. Check out its launch trailer, and pick up the original on the cheap in the latest Humble Bundle.

Thanks, games.on.net.

1. Sylrissa

I was wondering when this would get a story here.
    I picked it up as soon as Runic tweeted the offer.

2. TheWulf

Yup. And this is Matt Uelmen, who’s right up there with the likes of Jeremy Soule when it comes to fantastic music.

Even if you hate Torchlight, or aren’t a fan, or don’t like the genre, the music is worth picking up simply because the man is a fantastic musician.

Set any politics aside and grab this, it’s worth it.

3. Sylrissa

before I even knew that, I was watching a stream of the game and heard some of the music and my first impression was “that reminds me of the old tristram town music”

Then I find out that the same guy made the music.

4. roadkill

You see? This is the difference between Blizzard and Runic. While the former treats you like s**t (which surprisingly some people seem to like) the latter treats you like you are a customer.

edit: Now don’t get me wrong. I haven’t played Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2 so I don’t like or hate the actual games but you’ve got to be pretty retarded not to see how differently these companies are handling their clients.

5. Talkar

Eh, Blizzard are taking pretty good care of its customers. They listen to feedback all the time, and they even support their games with patches a decade after they were released, how many companies does that?
    Blizzard and runic may empathize on different things when it comes to taking care of their customers, but they both do so, in their own ways.

6. roadkill

@5 I’m sorry I can’t read your post. I get an error 37.

7. YoungZer0

Pity, the more aggressive music from the trailer doesn’t seem to be on it.

8. Talkar

And an error refers to customer relations how?
    They did try and fix it, they did buy several new servers only because of that error. I don’t see your point really.

9. viralshag

Haha, yeah that’s terrible. You get an error which gets fixed! How awful of them! How dare they do such a thing, don’t they know they should leave it… They have a bad reputation to keep!

10. Talkar

Hah, nice one xD
    It isn’t easy to get a bad rep by fixing and supporting your pc games, but they will do their best, and guys like roadkill are here to make sure we remember the bugs after they haven’t been relevant for months! ^^

11. roadkill

Yes because they did try to fix that error! NOOOT! Newbies!

Wait! Do you actually believe that they tried to fix it? LOL! You’re waaaay dumber than I tought.

12. Talkar

Ah yes, i forgot, i still haven’t been able to play the game -.-’

13. viralshag

Yes, we’re dumb. The ones who can actually spell. You are absolutely correct.

14. TheWulf

Wow. The douchefuckery in this thread. Do you people even read yourselves?

It’s true that the game isn’t broken right now, but it’s also true that the logins were broken all the way through beta. It’s also true that despite feedback informing them of this, it was broken for almost a month after launch, and then almost another month after that if you’re taking Europe into account.

It’s fixed now, yes, so it’s absolutely insipid to imply that the problem still exists, but that Blizzard drags their heels so much, and that they ignored a problem that people warned them about in beta–which stopped people US people logging in for weeks after launch–doesn’t exactly show customer care.

Blizzard do tend to drag their feet and take their customers for granted. But showing a truthful picture of Blizzard and their laziness regarding customer support isn’t helped by straight up trolling.

Factually, we all know that Blizzard did drag their heels for months regarding their International login issues (plenty of articles here on VG24/7 to prove that), and it’s also true that the problem is fixed now. That’s all that needs to be said.