Forza Horizon Mustang vs Mustang gameplay, you race a plane

Wednesday, 19th September 2012 11:23 GMT By Sam Clay

Forza Horizon aims to excite racing fans, especially those who’ve always wanted to race a plane. Playground Games has taken a leaf out of Top Gear’s book.

To fit in with Forza Horizon’s festival setting the developers have had to go that extra step to making it all stand out as a ‘spectacle to behold’. So, when they’ve sat down and thought about it, they’ve clearly watched a few Top Gear episodes in the process.

Inspired by TG’s challenges, you’ll be able to race against a Mustang, in a Mustang. Confused? Well, one of those Mustangs is a P-51 Mustang plane. See fit below.

In case you missed it earlier, we also revealed Forza Horizon’s opening scenes in video too.

1. gribb85

Fuck me the voice over guy for that trailer is so annoying! I feel like I’m watching G4 or something…

2. Razor

Think it’s a great V/O, personally…

3. gribb85

It’s the kind of VO you get with over-produced TV shows like Hell’s Kitchen and it really pisses me off. It comes from the school of thought that used to be part of radio, in that you can’t have more than a few seconds worth of dead air otherwise listeners, or in this case viewers, will get bored.

It reeks of aiming for the lowest common dominator and not trusting the person that is engaging with your content knowing what is going on. We’re all gamers, we don’t need somebody saying, “What, a Mustang versus a Mustang? That’s a plane versus a car on a road, how cool is that? Wicked sick!”

We can see that a car is chasing a plane, that’s what the footage is showing us, we don’t need some overtrained actor/presenter to tell us what is going on.

Just my two cents…

4. xxJPRACERxx

I don’t like 2 min. races and adaptive AI that give you a challenge and give up at the end to let you win. I don’t think I’ll get this game, nothing interest me in it so far. If there’s a demo I’ll check it.

5. Gadzooks!

#4

2 minute races, AI that gives up at the end? What game is that, because it definitely isnt Forza.

6. Sam Clay

Still shocked how close this race was. It’s me driving the game, I nearly broke a sweat.

7. SlayerGT

Jesus those are some wide two-lane roads. Looks boring.

8. xxJPRACERxx

#5 Did you watch the video?

9. monkeygourmet

Y’all don’t think Turn 10 can gameplay balance?!

I’m betting this is better overall than the new Criterion NFS, shit looks messed up compared to Hot Pursuit! :)

Just a little wager! ;)

10. SlayerGT

@9 “gameplay balance”? What do you mean..if it’s a bet and all :)

And Turn 10 isn’t developing Horizon. Playground Games is.

11. DrDamn

It’s a different team isn’t it?

12. monkeygourmet

Well, aint that a thang! :)

My bad, but still, I have high hopes for this compared to how it looks like Criterion have been gimped by EA…

Either way, 360 gamers are going to be doing okay…

Cannonball run FTW! :)