Dead Island Riptide CGI trailer tugs at the heartstrings

Tuesday, 18th September 2012 16:47 GMT By Nick Akerman

Deep Silver has released a CGI trailer to promote Dead Island Riptide. The original game’s first video caused quite a stir- does this do the same?

The trailer is styled similarly to the first game. A simplistic piano riff overlays a scene of despair in which a couple is sharing their last moment together. This time round dying children have been exchanged for exploding zombies.

Check out the trailer right here:

Dead Island Riptide is expected to release in 2013 for consoles and PC.

1. CyberMarco

They sure know how to make trailers! Games on the other hand…

2. YoungZer0

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.

3. bitsnark

@2 Was just about to say something similar.

Additionally, dull-eyed, generic trendy doll faces can’t exert any pressure on the heartstrings.

Nowhere near as effective as the CG trailer for the original Dead Island and even if it was as @2 alluded to, we know what mediocrity will likely follow.

4. Lord Gremlin

As someone who liked Dead Island, which is a good game in itself, I will get Riptide. Was that trailer necessary? They probably want to start a tradition to come with this game series.

5. TheOutcastWolf

@4 The combat and the leveling system were a true catch, I loved those but the story wasn’t good, it was boring and emotionless by the time they get to the city for the first time…

What makes me more in doubt is the fact that the same characters will return, just why?

6. monkeygourmet

Game was awesome, fact!

Can’t wait for this! :)

7. Custard Ganet

Oh man,i dont think i can grind through another Dead Island.

8. YoungZer0

@5: Yep, one of the many things that went completely wrong about the first Dead Island were the characters. They were looking and sounding like a bunch of asshats. Typical for Techland. They really need to hire better writers and artists.

I remember the scene where you’d run up the stairs and you’d see a guy in pool full of blood, crying as he probably just had to kill his whole family.

And you character reacts to it, with the following words:

“SOMEONE’S HAVING A BAAAAAAAD DAY.”

Wow.

9. silkvg247

I liked the gameplay of dead island, i.e. loot and questing and fighting against zombies. If they could improve the story it would make me love it even more. Also the melee felt a bit iffy at times.

10. Abutruccio

no way idk about this one the first one had so many glitches its not funny and yes even for the 360 and ps3. the pc virsion has been horrible plus wtf why are the same crappy people back?! this is such a disapointment to zombie games o yea one more thing i beat the game and it restarted me with NOTHING AT ALL! so ill be playing assains creed 3 if you crappy zombie games need me thanks dead island