Sleeping Dogs stands firm at the top of the official UK games chart, marking its fourth week at the top. However this is not the game’s fourth week at the top in a row, as it was toppled briefly by Guild Wars 2 when it launched in the UK.
Last week we interviewed Sleeping Dogs developer United Front Games – also developer of LittleBigPlanet Karting – about the the studio’s reaction to the game’s success.
LBP Karting producer Jen Timms said of the success, “Oh god we were so happy as a studio. The Sleeping Dogs team just worked so hard, and there had been some trials you know?”
“It’s been tough for the studio as a whole at some points,” Timms added, “but it’s so great because they were sitting on something they knew was really, really good, and we had the talent, the ability and the know-how.”
“It was so good to just see the benefits of that now that it’s out there in the real world, and as a studio it’s just such an exciting time to have such great games that are completely diverse coming out.”
“Both [Sleeping Dogs and LittleBigPlanet Karting] will have launched in in the latter half of this year after a lot of tears and a lot of hard work. We’re just so happy that it’s done so well, and that’s really just exciting.”
Here’s the official UK top 20. The rest of the list will follow as UKIE posts it.
1. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai)
3. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
4. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
5. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
6. The Sims 3: Supernatural (EA)
7. Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
8. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
9. NHL 13 (EA)
10. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
11. Madden NFL 13 (EA)
12. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Bros)
13. Mario & Sonic and the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
14. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
15. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
16. Spec Ops: The Line (2K Games)
17. Darksiders II (THQ)
18. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
19. FIFA 12 (EA)
20. Sniper Elite v2 (505 Games)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.