Fable: The Journey demo out now on Xbox Live

Monday, 17th September 2012 11:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Fable: The Journey has received a demo today from developer Lionhead Studios. The latest addition to Microsoft’s Kinect arsenal is a different spin on the classic Fable formula, giving players a first-person perspective on Albion.

The demo appeared on Fable: The Journey’s Xbox.com markeplace hub this morning, revealing a 1.22 GB file size.

Rather than cast players as a blank canvas hero, Fable: The Journey is a more character-driven experience, starring unlikely hero Gabriel and his horse Seren as they venture across Albion’s most treacherous regions.

Fable: The Journey launches on Xbox 360 across Europe October 12th.

Cheers OXM.

1. NocturnalB

I hate the direction they went with the series. I loved the first Fable, was one of the biggest games ever for me. I just think the time jumps were too big. Jumping ahead hundreds of years just to get the industrial steam punk feel going on, i would have been happy with more of the “same ol” old Fable, story and all. And then it seemed like after waiting years and years after the first game, the 2nd and 3rd came back to back. I feel like the original story got abandoned. And now this kinect thing, just makes you “eh”..

2. monkeygourmet

Fable 3 was an awful, awful game in every area.

Was so looking forward to it, then they completly sucked the fun out of every bit of gameplay I had enjoyed in 1 & 2…

3. Fin

Wat. It was still good, just not as good as 2. “awful” is a bit strong.

4. Deacon

Can’t wait to hear the feedback on this one…

5. viralshag

I enjoyed all three games. One was almost perfect but that might be the good old rose tinted glasses talking. Two and three were great but had their problems… But what games these days are “perfect”?

6. monkeygourmet

I just found they had stripped away so much control that there was almost no gameplay left.

I still enjoyed the humour.

Fable 2 began stripping back mechanics, and i think it was just about the right balance for me.

3 however, held your hand so much i got bored very quickly.

Awful may be a bit strong, maybe it just wasn’t to my tastes! ;)

7. DrDamn

I thought it was awful from a UI/design perspective. Just simple things like equipping a new pair of gloves were ridiculously over designed and complex.

8. monkeygourmet

This, i forgot how bad that was actually… That HUB thing you went too, what a load of shite.

Sooooo complex for such a simple action…