Borderlands 2 launch trailer features guns, guns, guns

Monday, 17th September 2012 13:22 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 is out tomorrow in the States, and across Europe from Friday. It’s big, full of boom and has a lot of guns. 2K Games and Gearbox Software have unveiled the game’s official launch trailer, showing the Vault Hunters throwing down in violent fashion. See it here.

1. freedoms_stain

Seeing all 8 Vault Hunters lined up like that was pretty badass.

Is it too late to squeeze in 8 player co-op?

2. YoungZer0

Even though i think this game is probably going to be good, i can’t help but not feel too excited about it. Borderlands 1 was a borefest.

3. DaveDogg

i think so maybe for next time but that would be Aw-bloody-some. BTW i am so excited for this my head just exploded. @2 if you thought 1 was boring what were you doing?

4. Sam Clay

Hmmmm guns.

5. Phoenixblight

11pm tonight! Can’t Wait!

6. ejams

Can you get skins of the original characters? I know they’re in the game as NPCs, but it would be awesome to get skins of them!

7. Deacon

Really enjoying the original atm (thanks to PS+). It’s very moreish. Though I must say the sequel doesn’t really look like they’ve changed much (if anything!?).

8. Phoenixblight

Lots of stuff but its still what made the original so good. Read the reviews or watch gameplay footage.

9. Deacon

yeah, I’ll check out some reviews later PB.

10. zinc

I am really hoping they HAVE improved the SP. PLaying Borderlands on my own, was dull.

11. YoungZer0

@3: Playing it, with friends, we all thought it got boring rather fast.

@6: Far as i know, you need to have Borderlands 1 to get the skins of the previous characters.

12. inside-360.de

Absolutely great!!! Just 2/3 Days and then it is time to free Pandora – again!

13. DSB

Does anyone know if you can unlock a game on Steam using Hamachi and an American connection? I want to play this so fucking bad, and I don’t have a VPN handy :P

Still, that was the worst trailer they’ve done yet. Not very wubwub.

14. inside-360.de

I hope, that the enemies dont level up like the main character. In darksiders 2 it was horrible!

15. Phoenixblight

Its similar to the original game. The enemies do cales based on the host of the game but they change based on the rank of the enemy.

16. DaveDogg

@6 as far as i can make out you cant get skins of the original cast but you will get bonus skins for having saves from borderlands 1.

@young zero then 2 is most certainly not for you.

@14 as with 1 some enemies will scale and lvl with the player some will be almost fixed lvl and in this game some will lvl all by themselves

17. roadkill

Borderlands 1 was AWESOME! Borderlands 2 is going to be double-AWESOME!! Can’t wait to get my hands on it! :D

18. Ajdragonis

@1 Well, since they’ve confirmed that they will be adding characters to this game… while we may not be getting 8 player co-op, we might get the original 4 added as actual characters for one of the DLC.

@11 Were exactly did you hear that you can get the original 4 as skins, cause I have heard nothing about it.

19. DSB

If you have an old Borderlands save on your computer, you unlock skins for the new characters.

I haven’t heard anything about playing the old ones until this video, and I don’t really see how they’d do it without a major upgrade.

Their abilities aren’t as interesting, and a lot of their talents are incorporated into the new trees.

20. IrrationalGamer

I thought part 1 had mediocre shooting, and picking up individual pieces of ammo on the ground was extremely monotonous (they fixed that in 2).

I’ll be awaiting reviews, videos and whatnot, but I definitely want to get my hands on it before making a purchase.

21. DaveDogg

well i guess you either loved it or hated it