Diablo 3 – Blizzard issues small sneak peek at update 1.0.5

Thursday, 13th September 2012 21:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Diablo 3′s update 1.0.5 is coming, and Blizzard has issued a sneak peek at the contents regarding defensive skill changes, the new Infernal Machine event, and the new Monster Power system. The developer said to look for more articles on what to expect with the patch in “the coming days.” Hopefully the wait on the actual patch won’t be much longer.

1. roadkill

Why do you keep posting Diablo news? Why do you advertise a game that requires online DRM to play in single-player? And when I say “you” I’m referring to all vg247′s staff.

2. Talkar

This is an article concerning an update to the game. There is no positive or negative statements regarding the DRM solution for the game, and as such it is not the point of the article and there is really no reason for you to QQ about it.

3. monkeygourmet

Diablo 3 on Wii U could have been a huuuuuuuge exclusive! :)

4. absolutezero

See now I kinda understand why you guys get pissy about people complaining.

I hope I never sound like that :(

5. DSB

Hahaha :D

6. Psychotext

Hopefully they do something interesting. I’ve stopped playing and I can’t see much which would encourage me to come back.

7. viralshag

@4, not even close, I wouldn’t worry. ;)

8. OlderGamer

Untill they come out with new classes andmaybe some new story, I think I am done with the game for awhile.

9. fearmonkey

@8 -same here im bored, an expansion is the only thing that would get me i think.

10. magnumfinger

@1 WTF?

11. zinc

@8,9. Games are not meant to last forever. Do you really expect infinite playability fot your $40?

12. OlderGamer

But zinc, I have hundreds of hours in Titan Quest:IM and at least that Diablo II. I have a fraction of that in Diablo III, and to be honest, I am not gonna be sinking more into it for a bit. I am just, well, bored.

13. DSB

I did expect more than I got, but for me it’s a bit silly to be comparing it to Diablo II.

My main complaint about Diablo III is a direct result of wanting to stay true to Diablo II. Basing the game on multiple playthroughs instead of long and interesting content, based on player choice.

I played Diablo II to death when it came out, but I still couldn’t tell you what it was about. All I know is there were monsters in the deserts, monsters in the fields, and monsters in the swamp. And they all needed to get dead.

With D3, I think Blizzard had a unique opportunity to put the RPG into ARPG, using their knowhow when it comes to these tightly controlled games, and instead it got stuck in the most awkward place in the middle, where the tightly controlled gameplay was great, but pretty much everything else was subpar.

Some parts were streamlined, some parts were tedious, and none of ‘em hit the sweet spot when it came to effort and reward.

14. OlderGamer

And to be fair, DiabloIII wasn’t a bad game. And I did get my moneys worth. It doesn’t owe me anything. I just wanted more. I guess that is a good problem to have for a dev/pub.

15. roadkill

@2 Who is QQing? I have simply asked a couple of questions.

16. magnumfinger

Contrary to trolls claiming Diablo 3 is losing players, it appears it’s quite the opposite and the game is on a steady rise after 1.0.4.

As for the new patch, this should benefit both newbies and godly players alike. Source via N4G: http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/diablo-3-patch-1-05-release-the-truth-behind-it-analysis/