Borderlands 2 competition: win one of 3 PC copies this week

Wednesday, 12th September 2012 15:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 is launching September 21st across Europe on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and VG247 has teamed up with Green Man Gaming to give three lucky readers a free PC copy this week. Read on to find out how you can enter.

Green Man Gaming’s Borderlands 2 product page is up now for you to check out, and the site is currently offering pre-purchases for £29.99.

But how would you like a free copy? All you have to do is head over to Twitter, follow @VG247 between now and 3pm GMT on Friday and post the following tweet:

I want to win a PC copy of Borderlands 2 from @VG247 & @GreenManGaming. Enter here – http://bit.ly/NZlJ8M #GMGCom

NOTE: if you don’t follow us we cant DM you if you win, so that bit is very important!

Simple. We’ll randomly pick three winners on Friday afternoon. Best of luck everyone!

Thanks again to Green Man Gaming for the prizes.

1. Giskard

A part of my soul dies every time a contest is limited to the UK / US.

2. Dave Cook

@1 sorry dude, they could only give us UK codes on this occasion. They’re region locked. We’ll try and get some more European swag up for grabs soon.

3. silkvg247

@1 I think this is the first one I’ve seen that is UK only. Usually it’s always US only, which is a real bitch.

4. YoungZer0

Curse the person who thought Region Locked Games were a good idea.

5. datass

There is no UK codes, what is this jibberish?! Only restricted codes are from CIS countries (Russia, Ukraine, etc…). All other codes are ROW (Rest Of World)

Proof: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/app/search/Search.name:borderlands%202

As you can see there are only 2 version of the game, RU aka CIS and default aka ROW…

6. Dave Cook

@5 The restriction isn’t on the game’s region specifically. The download codes are not for Steam, they are for the UK Green Man Gaming store, STRICTLY the UK store.

Trust us, we’re not making this up just for a laugh ;)

7. datass

@6 Well, that’s safer cause you can use UK VPN on GMG site and not on steam…

8. Strange Sultan

I visited UK once. does that count ?

9. Dave Cook

@8 sorry dude :p

10. dex3108

According GMG tweet they are NOT region locked

11. Dave Cook

@10 yeah I know they’re not. I asked the guys to change that for me when I was off yesterday. I’ll do it now :)

12. dex3108