Medal of Honor: Warfighter ‘Hunt’ DLC based on hunt for Bin Laden

Monday, 10th September 2012 15:05 GMT By Dave Cook

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is flirting with controversy again in its ‘Hunt’ map pack. The DLC delivers a pair of maps based on locations in Hurt Locker director Kathryn Bigelow’s upcoming movie Zero Dark Thirty. The movie focuses on America’s decade-long search for Bin Laden.

The first map in the Hunt pack – called the Zero Dark Thirty pack Stateside – is The Darra Gun Market, and an official descriptor posted on the Medal of Honor: Warfighter blog reads, “The Darra Gun Market is located in a tribal land where the rules are defined by only two principles – hospitality and revenge. No police are allowed to enter the area and all the laws are made by the tribal leader.”

“This small town in Pakistan is home to dozens of back-alley shops and self-taught machinists who are in many cases building guns by hand. Almost no outsiders ever see this town. What better place to hide than where only locales and known tribal members are allowed to enter.”

The second map, Chitral described as, “another area of Pakistan thought for a time to be one of Bin Laden’s hideouts. A rural mountainous area filled with deep narrow valleys, it has many places that are inaccessible several months each year because of snow and road conditions.”

“There are over 1200 small towns scattered throughout the Chitral district and finding someone who doesn’t want to be found would be next to impossible.”

The pack launches December 17 on all formats. It’s free to pre-order customers, but will cost £7.99 for everyone else, CVG reports. £1 of each DLC sale will go EA’s Project Honor war veteran fund.

Here are shots of both maps, plus a trailer:

What’s your view on basing Medal of Honor’s ‘Hunt’ map pack on real life events? Let us know below.

1. monkeygourmet

They could be more controversial (and truthful) by doing a mission showing Bin Laden had already died of natural courses 5 years before this ‘raid’ and the burial at sea was all bullshit.

2. DSB

Oh yeah, and the faked moonlanding, and the British royal family landing in their spacecraft from their planet of reptillian humanoids.

Tinfoil hats hooo!

3. monkeygourmet

Of course, because the British and US govt leaders didn’t lie about anything in the ‘war’ on ‘terror’…

Also, the royal family thing is true, Buckingham palace is a huge vivarium! :)

4. DSB

@3 I’m sure they lied about a lot of things, but without any substantial evidence, believing something simply because it makes for a better story, doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Personally, I’m guessing they didn’t torture hundreds of Al Qaeda operatives in secret prisons around Europe, only to walk into Bin Ladens house and shoot him in the head without asking him a single question.

I’m guessing those pictures are classified, because they show varying degrees of cigarette burns :P

5. Phoenixblight

Not sure if serious but it makes sense for your posts. Hyperactive detection agency much?

6. Erthazus

I still want to see a picture of dead Bin Laden, but so far… There is none.

but anyway, EA will make a shitty DLC with corridors where in the end you will shoot Bin Laden with QTE.

Superb.

7. Ali

What a cheap way of cashing in.

8. Ireland Michael

The American Government couldn’t even keep a secret that the president was getting private blowjobs. You think they could keep shit like that under wraps?

They certainly lied about the facts surround their incentives for the war, but that was never a secret to begin with.

Anyone who thinks the American government can keep a secret is kidding themselves, and these tinfoil-hat wearing conspiracies are laughable. Next you’re going to start spouting off about the Iluminati.

9. Erthazus

“The American Government couldn’t even keep a secret that the president was getting private blowjobs.”

ahahaha… That was sooo funny xD

10. monkeygourmet

Yeah, completly serious.

I just hate people in power lying to the populace in a bid to increase thier control over them.

Our social and human rights are being wiped out and destroyed right in front of us and the worst thing is, people have become so brainwashed and so scared, there actually asking them to be removed of their own volition.

Nude scanners, RFID chips, phone hacking, anti protest laws, Detention of civilians, etc etc… Have all been brought to the fore front after a very elaborate set of lies and half truths.

If that’s freedom, you can stick it up your arse. :)

11. Ireland Michael

@10 People like you are funny.

12. HeavyD-Love

This article will get 50 + comments. This game looks decent.

13. monkeygourmet

What an idiotic thing to say, the very fact they lied and haven’t been tried as war criminals is exactly what is wrong with the situation.

14. monkeygourmet

You said you recently you have a step son or daughter. Doesn’t it concern you thinking about the kind of world they are going to grow up in?

15. Ireland Michael

@13 “We knew they were lying… Derp derp, jee well that’s okay then, as long as we know it’s okay to wipe out thousands of innocent people, derp!”

I never said it was okay. Please point out where in my post I even implied as such.

All I said was that they suck at keeping a secret. In the current age of information technology, the hidden web and Wikileaks, it’s near impossible for anyone to do so. It’s out there in a matter of minutes. Yes, they lie about shit, but it’s nowhere near as intrinsicly complex as you seem to wish it was.

You paranoid nutmeg.

@14 A world where more and more human rights are granted all the time? A world where people are more and more open-minded every day? A world where money is becoming increasingly less important and personal identity is at the forefront of society?

No, I’m not worried about it in the slightest, because I’m not a paranoid nutjob like you. And especially because I know they will grow up to be genuinely kind and decent people, who will only help to make the world a better place.

16. monkeygourmet

I didn’t say you said it was ‘okay’.

I implied the notion of one of the most so called ‘democratic’ and free countries in the world engineered a serious of events to start a war on a country for no valid reason.

That’s kind of a big deal in world history, wether you would like to wash over it or not. I’m not saying you agree, but the fact people have got so happy with using the ‘get over it’ mentality, shows you how much people really understand what happened.

The fact we have got to the point where one of the most powerful countries in the world can start a war under false pretenses, kill thousands of innocent people, then basically admit they were lying, and people still just go, ‘hey yeah, okay whatever’, is a worrying state of affairs.

It’s not complex in the slightest, it’s very simple and people still couldn’t comprehend the ramifications for the future should we be pushed down this path.

You make me laugh, ‘yes they lie about shit, but it’s not as bad as you think’

Well, that’s just great, thanks for that.

If lying about invading a country to harvest its natural resources isn’t up there for you on the lie scale, I don’t know what is!

17. Ireland Michael

@16 Again, that’s not even remotely what I said. I simply said they’re shit liars, and that you’re deluding yourself if you actually think they can keep a secret.

18. monkeygourmet

It’s not about keeping secrets. The Bin Laden situation has about as much evidence on either side IMO.

My main problem is that we’ve got to the point where politicians are so open and obvious to the fact their lying, and people just seem to thing it’s par for the course.

It’s sad if you think that’s what democracy is. It’s a perverted system of control without question, but people seem quite happy to go along with that.

Yep, and still no pictures of Bin Laden as they were deemed too ‘gruesome’, even though it was okay to put pictures of saddam Hussains brothers with their faces split in two on the front covers of papers, stay classy! :)

19. Ireland Michael

@18 Gotta love your ability to make mountains out of molehills from the slightest comment I say, insinuating things I never said, and going off on tangents that have nothing even remotely to do with anything.

Though I guess that behaviour explains the tinfoil hat pretty well.

20. monkeygourmet

I get ya, ‘there shit liars, let’s move along’.

if this is your main ‘point’, it was hardly worth airing.

It was actually attached to the fact I thought the Bin Laden shooting looked like a fake to me (first post). I disputed that based on previous dubious events, you have just carried on saying the same thing.

Maybe, you can provide a reason to why you thought it was a real event rather than just saying the same thing over and over. If not, why did you other in the first place?

It’s like walking into a room of people, farting, then walking out again.

21. Ireland Michael

@20 “if this is your main ‘point’, it was hardly worth airing.”

No more worth airing than your own, trust me.

I don’t have any interest in discussing politics. I’m simply responding to your odd tendency to extrapolate tens times more from my words than I say. Do you get out much?

22. DSB

Nuts! :P

23. monkeygourmet

Only to protest against the Bildersberg group.

Has no interest in discussing politics
    Replies to someone talking about politics
    Discussion starts
    Complains about talking about politics
    O__o

I like your style, make a comment, run off, then complain people are commenting on your comments…

You manage it in a lot of threads, it’s kinda of like: I want to be seen, but I don’t want to be involved

Question is, will you let me have the last word?

24. Phoenixblight

If conspiracy theories is part of politics that’s news to me. Your comment was how Bin laden assassination was a lie. That is not politics that is you trying to sell your tin foil hats or find other people that wear them. Take your pick.

25. YoungZer0

@15:

“A world where money is becoming increasingly less important and personal identity is at the forefront of society?”

What world are you living in exactly? Money was never as important as it is now. Never wondered why not a single banker in america is sitting in prison although it was clear that what they did was criminal?

26. Dragon246

@Monkey
    Do you always start to blabber without knowing shit about what you say?
    “Osama dead 5 years ago”
    Really? What are you, Zawahiri, that you know better than what obama says. Even Taliban acknowledged his death.
    “Starting war on false statements”
    If you say this for Afghanistan, then you are a moron. Taliban NEEDED that. The atrocities they committed were unspeakable. US was probably the only country who could have taught them a lesson. Although results are far from ideal, its still way better than it was 15 years ago.
    And Osama photos? US gov probably did the best thing possible by not releasing them. That single photo would have been used to brainwash 1000s of people and make them terrorists.But people blabbering on the net wouldn’t know that .

27. DSB

@25 I hate myself for contributing to this, but none of what they did was criminal. That’s the whole problem.

It wasn’t money laundering, it wasn’t embezzlement, it wasn’t inside trading, it was a result of 30 years of deregulation which meant that bankers were eventually free to sell products that didn’t exist, based on the prices of things that did, because politicians had been paid to look the other way, and apparently figured that blind trust was the best policy.

It may have been a “crime” against the world in the moral sense, but they didn’t break any laws doing it. They were completely free to fuck everything up.

28. monkeygourmet

And you can pick apart the rest of those just as easily.

People said people were conspiracy theorists for insinuating that Iraq had no WMDs, how did that turn out.

If those factors don’t count on your political scale, ell, I don’t know what to say.

Go watch some fox news

29. monkeygourmet

Ugh… Is that REALLY what you think?

‘teach them a lesson’?! Amurika fuck yeah!!!

Because the ‘war’ wasnt a complete fuck up?! How do you combat an unknown entity?! What a moron…

Why not any of the thousands of other militia groups around the world committing similar atrocities?

Remember, we loved the Taliban in the cold war… You must have a lovely short term memory.

‘war on false statements’

Yeah, info and propaganda on bin ladens super secret bad guy base in tora bora caves was never used by us and uk media…

What a dumb ass…

30. ManuOtaku

I will only say that is the systems fault for the existance of conspiracy tehories, because of the lack of well through out investigations, or the support of silence maneuvers, in delicate topics and situations in past history, therefore is not because people want to believe in something is because of the silence, and not well done investiagations without strong conclusions, that we have so many conspiracy theories, some of them became true, others not so much, but we shouldnt point out the people that calls this theories, instead the people that do the silence and dont do the proper investigations, those are the ones that create them, not the non believers or the skeptical ones.

31. Phoenixblight

“Go watch some fox news”

Ahh now I see where you get your theories. GG.

“The ‘hunt’ for bin laden has dominated media, changed people’s rights, effected foreign policy, made millions of dollars, etc… Etc…”

Bin Laden didn’t do this the US government did. The terrorist attack was just a tool used for people to push these laws along with other things.

You are going off on weird tangents without answering anything directly. I think that’s because you don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Just stop posting.

Its hyperactive detective agency. People like this are the ones that blame every bad thing that happens on something even though it doesn’t match with the evidence.

32. monkeygourmet

What do you want me to answer? I can only give you my ideas on why I thought the shooting was fake.

You’ll dissmiss them, and offer yours. There isn’t sufficient evidence either way for me to make a balanced judgement, in that way I’m skeptical based on similar events in history.

If you don’t think the landscape for the world has changed since the wars on Iraq and Afganistan, that’s fine. Crazy, but fine.

33. Ireland Michael

@23 Point is, I wasn’t discussing politics. I was simply observing that you were a tinfoil wearing nutmeg.

Anything beyond that you concocted in your own mind… much like 90% of those conspiracy theories.

@25 I’m sure I’ll be labelled some sort of hippy for saying this, but I have a strong belief that materialism is becoming far less important in people’s mind. Partly because people simply don’t have the money, but I think it’s taught a lot of people the value of far better things, and made many realise that there are a lot of things you simply don’t need. When things get hard, you start to realise just how many luxuries we in the developed world actually have, and just how lucky we are – to simply have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.

I don’t know, maybe I have too much faith in humanity.

This is going way off topic.

34. Phoenixblight

What does it matter if he died of natural causes or was killed by the US government. Does it have any effect on your personal life? Nope, it doesn’t but you feel you have to spew your nonsense.

35. monkeygourmet

Yes, it has no effect on my personnal life.

36. ManuOtaku

#31 look i dont want to enter another 100+ topic thread here, but either if you believe on Roswell or not, or if they do exist or not, the main culprit is the U.S government or military for that matter, because they use that crash to their own agenda either way, if it was a false escenario, well they till this very day are really happy with people believing is true, because that way they can test secret weapons, under the UFO disguise, and people blaming UFOs for those sightings, and on the other hand if it was indeed true, they were disguided as a weather balloon in order to cover the truth to the masses, therefore either way they use the crash really well, they created with silence in some parts, bad done investigations on the other, and stating things like it was an other world object in the newspaper, just moments later detracting that saying it was a weather balloon, this was done on purpose to missinform, in order to create their own agenda, and like this cases there are a ton more in recent history, were the lack of a proper investigation, silence,etc they create the conspiracy theories, and they use them well, so like i said dont blame the people that are skeptical, blame the ones who create them.

37. DSB

@26 It’s pretty much the same that it was 15 years ago.

As soon as the last NATO troops are out of there you’re back to the exact same scenario as when the Soviets left.

Weak puppet-government in Kabul, and fifty different tribes warring for control along ethnic lines until one of them wins.

It’s probably going to be the Taliban the second time as well.

The goal was never to help Afghanistan or its people, that’s just what you say to please the audience. The goal was to disrupt Al Qaeda, and that seems to have been accomplished. Most of their leadership are dead and buried.

38. monkeygourmet

Faith in humanity is fine, I just think we’ve lost our way a bit. Far too much of unbalance of power at the moment that is hard to shift.

All of the new security measures that have been created in the aftermath of the war on ‘terror’ can be found online anywhere.

That’s not a conspiracy theory, that’s just being aware of the direction the world is heading.

39. Phoenixblight

“Yay, I love giving up all my personal information, going through nude scanners, retina scans, being searched, phone logging all in the name of my safety.”

Before the patriot act they had all your personal info its called your IP address, your driver license, SS#, your debit card. All your info was being collected from the get go.

“I can’t wait for more draconian measures to be introduced in the future for my safety, that again have no effect on my personnal life…”

Yes yes the slippery slope argument because they have used all this info to get all the criminals and terrorists right? right?

40. zinc

I much prefer the Market Place map, as I prefer urban FPS settings. Though EA are treading very close to line here, in the setting and story.

41. Dragon246

Your ignorance is amazing. Except few militias in Africa, none match the level of terror Taliban propagates.
    Taliban was always a nuisance, but they really took it to another level after they decimated the northern alliance (if you search for them on net, then you know nothing about this war, of course you wouldn’t admit that) . Plus none of those african groups have an international agenda, taliban has which make them even more dangerous (of course taliban is involved with many of those groups as they are one of major sources of income for taliban ).
    Have you ever been in Afghanistan? Or south asia? Net can only provide you with conspiracy theories and biased opinions. Only people who know the ground realities know whats right. Not some internet blabbermouth.
    Osama is dead, but taliban is far from over. And war would most likely never provide a solution. Unfortunately most taliban leaders along with Haqqani and other such groups in pak are maniacs and fanatics to their roots. So talking wouldn’t work either. Its a catch 22 for us ans af gov.
    Only solution for this problem is the improve the literacy levels and decimate africa like poverty rampant in these areas. All other solutions will fail.

42. monkeygourmet

Yes, because mandatory ID cards (uk) are not being discussed based on our safety, and RFID chips have never been mentioned as a way to log personal info, location etc…

The old slippery slope arguement. It’s not if, it’s when with these kind of devices and systems. The war on terror has really helped people accept these kind of devices for safety, in that way it is potentially the catalyst for a huge change in our lives.

I like the fact your arguing this isn’t happening. :)

43. zinc

It will be interesting if MoH actually try’s to implement the killing of Osama… I think that would be crossing the line for some…

Thought they could go completely left field and have a bionic-Bin laden at the end :-)

44. monkeygourmet

Taliban atrocities…

Ignoring the fact we armed the Taliban against the Soviets…

Ignoring the fact we armed Saddam Hussian in Iraq…

Blood on our hands, no?

I guess we like, had to do that man.

North Korean human rights atrocities are up their, they have international agenda, maybe we should ‘liberate’ them next?

45. Phoenixblight

US has mandatory IDs its called our Driver license or state ID for non drivers with the most current address. I fail to see how this is an issue.

RFID chips? Its funny I google that and what comes up is more conspiracy theorist bs about it being the sign of end times with no actual credible source talking about them. Funny.

46. DSB

@43 Kinda like Mass Effect 2 with the Cyberdyne Systems T-800 at the end of the game. Great example of crossover.

I had no idea that the Protheans were planning to kill Sarah Connor until that point.

47. zinc

@46, They really missed a trick, by not having Shepard shout “Hasta la Vista baby!!” :-)

48. DSB

How that ending avoided getting petitioned is beyond me :P

49. monkeygourmet

RFID’s being used on humans are not a new idea, test families already have them implanted.

They have been widely discussed in politics. The ID cards in UK were set to have a chip in them as an ID tag, big difference compared to a drivers ID.

50. Phoenixblight

People have had RFID chips since the early 2000′s for specific things like working for a company that need a badge to get in. But the government can’t force them because they are extremely hackable. Grow up.

51. GwynbleiddiuM

@HeavyD-Love Here’s to you, Nicola and Bart …

52. Ireland Michael

I’ll leave the discussion with this.

“We humans have existed in our present form for about a hundred thousand years. I believe that if during this time the human mind had been primarily controlled by anger and hatred, our overall population would have decreased. But today, despite all our wars, we find that the human population is greater than ever. This clearly indicates to me that love and compassion predominate in the world. And this is why unpleasant events are “news”; compassionate activities are so much a part of daily life that they are taken for granted and , therefore, largely ignored.”
    – His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Enjoy the discussion.

53. monkeygourmet

Oh, we’ll that’s okay then.

People forge passports, their still forced on you.

We now have retina scans and nude scanners in airports. What makes you think RFID won’t become mandatory at some stage?

Keep deluding yourself PB

54. monkeygourmet

Not one of his best… :)

55. zinc

I’m not keen on the Snowy mountain maps at all… Outdoors maps always lack character for me. I need buildings, alleyways, rooftops etc.

Though the tunnel sections might be interesting.

56. HeavyD-Love

@51….awesome

57. Phoenixblight

I don’t care about the nude scanners I feel sorry for the person who has to look at those screens for 8 hours a day.

Retina scans? Where is that being forced on anyone?

“What makes you think RFID won’t become mandatory at some stage?”

Even if there are we have a long way to go to accept them since its quite easy to remove them or break them. All you have to do is take them to a charge like a tazer to fry them.

“Police have been held to account for keeping innocent peoples DNA, but of course, it’s all for the greater good.”

So? When you are born they take your blood and they keep it so hows that any different? Tell you what when the modern gestapo comes to my door and throw me or anyone into prison or detention camp because of frivolous reasons I will worry then.

58. Dragon246

I don’t care who armed them, which was of course wrong. So should they just leave their mistakes ?
    Also us armed hussain? News to me. Amazing ignorance at display here. You really should be put in a museum to showcase “the ignorant human/ homo ignoramus” species .

59. monkeygourmet

I fear for this map.

The amount of time I heard phrases like rag head or sand n***er when playing team death match on MW2 was unreal…

This map is surely going o bring out the worst in the online ‘community’…

60. G1GAHURTZ

Wow!

I wonder if you’ll be able to rape Afghani women infront of their kids and then kill the whole family once you’ve finished your business, in this game!

You know…

Keeping’ it real authentic and that!

OOH RAH!!

61. monkeygourmet

Armed and supported Iraq in the Iran / Iraq war! Nice piccy for you:

Honourary citizen of Detriot… lol

This is fun too:

62. DSB

@60 And afterwards, their corpses are going to get sentenced to 200 lashes for getting raped and thrown in jail for six months.

Allahu akbar!

63. zinc

@59, A valid concern The topicality of the combat zone and the fact the “bad guys” are not panto-russian terrorists, aliens or space. Nazi fetishists, but actually militia, involved in fighting and killing western troops right now, leaves a bad taste in the mouth for some.

64. zinc

@GIGA & DSB, Please gentlemen, this thread has been derailed quite enough. Nothing will be gained by you two clashing your ego’s once more..

65. G1GAHURTZ

@62:

No, their corpses were already burned by the amazingly brave US soldiers…

They needed the freedom whether they liked it or not!!

66. DSB

@64 Fair enough.

67. monkeygourmet

That’s DLC, but you get it on the disc if you pre order

68. monkeygourmet

It was terrible in MW2, amount of ignorant racism…

This is bound bring out the idiots…

69. G1GAHURTZ

@67:

DSB’s probably already trying to preorder it.

70. zinc

@67, That was a bit tasteless mate :-/

Though with EA’s need to promote the authenticity of this particular FPS, I can quite believe they would consider throwing in some harrowing events based on ‘real-life’ events.

71. monkeygourmet

It’s tasteless adding this mode IMO, although sorry if that offended you! :)

72. zinc

@71, No offence, just observation… Though I will cherish your apology, they are rare on the internet ;-)

73. monkeygourmet

This is true! ;)

74. Dragon246

@Mr.Ignoramus
    Has the museum contacted you yet? If you like wikipedia that much, look for iran contra affair.
    So much for us support to Iraq.
    You should just stick to defending ninty as you are no good on other topics. Wikipedia can only help so much.
    Want the humble pie?

75. monkeygourmet

Yes, they didn’t support them atall. In fact the US hasnt got a history of arming militia groups then attacking them when they have become no use to them on the political stage.

Before the gulf war, there were many reports of uk / us companies selling Iraq chemicals which were later turned into chemical weapons.

76. Dragon246

US has probably the worst record in arming various militias. I never contested that. Unfortunately that doesn’t help your argument that they fought all wars without reason. Afghanistan was definitely necessary. Iraq, not so much. But they are right in saying that world would become a better place if iran and north korea govs straightened up. Nukes only look good on bigger (and responsible ) countries. Both iran and north korea don’t fit the bill.

77. monkeygourmet

Which wars would you term valid out of interest?

The last few for the US have been shocking displays of misinformation, controversy and poor closure…

Nam, gulf war, Afganistan etc…

All have had dubious motives and all have had less than stellar outcomes…

I like the fact you talk about human rights atrocities, conveniently side stepping things like, agent orange, napalm, nuclear weapons, unlawful detention, torture camps, sonic weapons, unmanned drones etc…

The US do like to play the role of world sheriff though, unfortunatly with the UK as the deputy dog.

When the US truly stands up against real tyranny and human rights issues without financial gains, then some of my faith in the country will be restored.

78. DSB

Fear is the smell when ignorance takes a shit.

- His Holiness Dad, from Shit My Dad Says.

79. Ireland Michael

@78 …

80. Dragon246

Looks like you have a fundamental problem in understanding war. Unfortunately NO ONE follows UN treaties in war. Use of chemical warfare is regrettable. US definitely wants to act like global watchdog with UK as the deputy, but they understand all too well that they can’t afford that, and neither are they capable of doing that. Afghanistan war was and is right. Although it would never have solved the problem.
    Everything is not black and white as described by you. Recent NATO efforts in libya were commendable.
    In an ideal world, UN would be all powerful body with no security council and general council would have all the powers.

81. zinc

“The bearing of arms is the essential medium through which the individual asserts both his social power and his participation in politics as a responsible moral being…”

(Historian) J.G.A. Pocock,

82. monkeygourmet

Of Course it’s not black and white. Not for one second have I ever assumed that…

So many big players have different motives fo wanting war. It’s never as simple as it would initially seem.

No one follows UN treaties?!

US invented the bullshit ‘unlawful’ combatant technicality when they wanted to torture people without having to answer to the Genova convention…

That is one of the sickest ‘bending’ of the rules of warfare in recent time.

The fact the US operates on a holier than though approach while doing things like this is disgusting.

I’m sure the ‘liberation’ of Afganistan will continue to be a success story and will go down In history as such. Of course their weren’t any other financial gains the US have and will continue to have from invading Afganistan…

83. DSB

I really don’t want any more UN or EU.

Big, bloated, expensive political entities with no real political influence, who can’t pass a single piece of legislation deciding on whether to shit or get off the pot.

I think a governing body should be recognized for it’s ability to turn words into action. The UN and the EU are examples of the opposite. They hesitate, and in politics that’s one of the most dangerous things you can do.

Every time the EU holds one of their pointless meetings, proving their incredible ability to agree and decide on pretty much nothing at all, you’re getting billed for it. That’s billions being spent on absolutely nothing, except politicians listening to the sound of their own voices.

You can say what you want about the US, but at least they do more than talk a good game. The EU never makes a mistake, because the EU never actually does anything.

84. Dragon246

Your arguments are certainly true. But there will always to be a trade-off. Is faster process is better which is prone to make blunders with high losses or a slower system with better quality of decision making. Its open for debate.
    Generally , no soldiers are holier than thou. They both want to kill opposition and survive. US soldiers are of same breed.

85. HeavyD-Love

Good call #12…….do I hear 100…

86. monkeygourmet

There’s a huge difference being the invading force though. US has never been invaded in the same way as its treatment of other countries.

Being the invading force you are open to be asked serious questions:

What is the operation goal?
    How are your soldiers briefed on other countries customs?
    What are your plans for stabilising the infrastructure after the goal is complete?
    How do you handle your troops mental health issues on return?
    What weapons or tactics are ‘fair’ to use in a civilian environment?
    Are you prepared for guerrilla warfare?

Etc…

Now, it doesn’t take a military strategist to figure out that they completly ballsed up this war. UK troops were severely under prepared for the length of fighting.

US and UK forces just got bogged down in messy IED guerilla street fights, who didn’t see that happening? Guess we learnt a lot from nam.

The rebuild looks like its going great!

87. YoungZer0

@27: Sadly you’re right, the problem is that they will be getting away with it every single time. I bet the occupy movement is going to do something against that.

lol.

Honestly though, i don’t really understand why the streets aren’t full of dead bankers by now.

@33: Nah, i’d usually consider myself pretty naive when it comes to faith in humanity, but i don’t think this will change any time soon. Today most people seem to think that greed is something natural and since there is no law against fucking the little man, it is not a crime. So it’s all good.

I hate to bring up the united states of america again, but they seem to have truely mastered greed. You have corrupt judges getting payed by private prisons, so they convict more and more people for minor drug related crimes. Those prisons force labor so they can profit from that too. It’s an endless cycle, which could be stopped by legalizing marijuana (I don’t smoke weed, btw. i just don’t see how that’s more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes).

But that’s never going to happen, because the war on drugs is so successful.

You have students, who, in order to go to a university have to take insane loans from banks, which they can only pay by working for the banks after they are done. Those students are then working for the banks do develop more schemes that will rob the little man. Again, endless cycle.

No mainstream media is reporting about corruption, because they’ve been bought. Instead they are feeding you with unimportant bullshit, like abortion, which shouldn’t be a topic, because fuck you, it’s not the governments business.

@58: Wow, you don’t even know that the US armed Hussein and dare to call him ignorant? Ever head of the Iran-Iraq War? I guess not! :D Come on, answer fast, who trained Al Quaida and for what purpose?!

@76: “Nukes only look good on bigger (and responsible ) countries. Both iran and north korea don’t fit the bill.”

Good thing that Iran doesn’t has any nukes then. But i agree, nukes definitely look better on countries that would use white phosphorus and nukes on civilians.

@80: “US definitely wants to act like global watchdog with UK as the deputy, but they understand all too well that they can’t afford that, and neither are they capable of doing that.”

Then they shouldn’t do it!

They want a clean war, with little to no casualties on their site. That’s the american definition of a clean war. Nobody cares if those dronestrikes kill innocent children, as long as they are not american, they are fair game. Oh wait, last two targets on the Obamas kill list were american and one of them was a teenager.

… Oh wait, they were brown, so it’s good again. Puh, dodged that one.

But as monkeygourmet said, no way is the USA ever going to understand the horrors of war. They never had it on their soil.

88. Lounds

“no way is the USA ever going to understand the horrors of war. They never had it on their soil.”

Huh ever heard of the revolutionary war? (which is bs, shame the king wasn’t bothered, we could of won).

civil war too, which has created the America you know of today.

89. YoungZer0

@88: I meant by a foreign force. Sorry, thought that was obvious.

90. DSB

I think it’s pretty obvious from all these comments that few Europeans make any kind of effort to understand it themselves.

The US was invaded during WW2 as well.

My experience is that Americans understand war a lot better than anyone around here. They have one of the biggest and most active militaries in the world.

They grow up around memorials, national holidays devoted to soldiers, Veterans Day and Memorial Day, their grandfathers are veterans of WW2, Korea and Vietnam, their fathers or brothers may have been to Afghanistan or Iraq. And some have lost people.

It’s a highly militarized society.

They choose not to care, which is the same thing our politicians do on our behalf. A country minds it’s own business. If you don’t want bombs dropped on you, then it’s a good idea not to have guys like Al Qaeda living in your backyard, making your country into a problem for theirs.

I think Europeans have their own brand of ignorance. They haven’t been to America, but somehow they have it all figured out based on what they see on TV. Warfare is treated in largely the same way. Europe likes to talk, not act, so once a war actually does roll around, the militaries are ill equipped to handle them, and the public aren’t supporting their soldiers.

How’s that for apathetic and lazy?

91. Dragon246

Have you seen war and terror attacks or even visited the countries which are suffering way more due to terrorism? Every soldier knows war. It doesn’t matter if they are from us or otherwise.
    Also before trying to become blabbermouth #2, why don’t you check the details of iran-iraq war? Us effectively wanted a stalement and it happened. It supported both sides.
    About nukes, ever heard of MAD ? One of its biggest components is the huge collateral damage which every one will try to prevent. Govs of bigger countries are more responsible to their people , smaller countries many of whom are ruled by dectators don’t care about collateral damage.
    If you still don’t understand it, you should just stop talking about things way bigger than what you can possess with your brain.

92. YoungZer0

@90: Alaska, man. Probably the hardest month they had.

“They have one of the biggest and most active militaries in the world.”

You make it sound like that’s something positive.

What exactly do you mean when you say, ‘they understand war’?

If you mean they understand how to kill people, then yes, i’d agree. Do they understand that every war has an aftermath? That their actions have actual consequences? I doubt it. They are basically doing the same thing over and over again.

They want their foot in everybody’s business, no matter the cost.

You think it matters if they kill one leader of al Qaeda, when their last drone strikes results in the forming of a new terror cell? Those people don’t believe in what their leader says, they don’t share his idiolgy, they just want to see the people who killed their family bleed.

America calls them terrorist if it doesn’t suit their need. The call them freedom fighters if they buy their weapons or help them set foot in their country. You really think americas involvement in Syria and Libya isn’t going to bite them in the ass at one point in history?

It will, it happened before.

Every war is different, every country is different and its history is different, when you invade, you NEED to look that up.

But they don’t do that and the aftermath is a disaster.

America invades iraq, is completely confused by the infrastructure. They completely destabilize the country, get rid of the cops, the military, the government. Thousands of people lose their job, with no future in sight.

Hoo-Fucking-Ray.

So what’s the situation now in Iraq? Civil War with a hotbed of terrorism. Outstanding job america, you really understand war. Al Qaeda never had any power in Iraq, but you sure fixed that.

And of course the americans are better equipped. War is their business. And business has to flow. Why would europeans invest in something they don’t have? Don’t you understand the problem?! As long as america invest in weapons and equipment, THEY have to justify the COST. That means THEY NEED to have WAR.

The biggest problem is that american generals make sure to prolong the war, because when they are done with their job, they are going to be recruited by private military companies, who need war in order to survive.

“They haven’t been to America”

Most of us don’t need to. If we want to see americans, all we need to do is visit one of their military bases in our country.

After all, we’re allies. :)

We’re talking about americas foreign policy here. We don’t need to visit the USA to understand more about that.

“If you don’t want bombs dropped on you, then it’s a good idea not to have guys like Al Qaeda living in your backyard”

Wow, i can’t believe you wrote that. Just … wow.

93. YoungZer0

@91: No, I’ve never been to Afghanistan and Iraq? Have you?

And don’t get smart on me, you little fart.

You’re the guy who didn’t even knew that Iraq got their weapons from the US. I bet you don’t even know about the 1953 Coup d’état in Iran. You probably think that most of the middle east dislikes the USA out of boredom.

94. DSB

@92 Politics is the art of the possible. You rarely get to do what you like to do, so instead you do what you can do, and you do what you have to do.

You think Pakistanis love America? They hate their fucking guts, and they’ve been producing terror groups for a while now. A drone strike doesn’t make a difference. They’re bombing people who already hate them. Not bombing them wouldn’t suddenly make them love the US, but those Al Qaeda guys would still be there enjoying the sunshine if they didn’t.

Drones aren’t being used in India, they aren’t being used in Bangladesh, they aren’t being used in Turkey. And that’s because none of those countries ever gave us anything to shoot them at.

We’ll worry about the future when it gets here. We can always bomb ‘em again.

Actually doing something, is dirty work. It carries risk, it carries consequences. That’s why the EU sticks to writing angry letters to dictators. Zero commitment, zero action, zero results, zero consequences. They might as well be sending them muffin baskets.

It’s very easy to sit in a European country that spends less than 2% on its military budget, and barely has a working military, without realizing the fact that America is what makes that possible.

Europe never really has to lift a finger, because America is doing their dirty work. The thing that enables us to cut back on our militaries to the point of not just making us irrelevant to the rest of the world, but also leaving our countries undefended, is the United States military.

This is how international politics fit together.

Nobody’s argueing that the US or their military don’t make stupid mistakes, but that’s just another reason why you don’t want to piss them off. Germany learned that lesson, why not Iraq? Why not Afghanistan?

Afghanistan should never have turned into an occupation, and Iraq neither. At the end of the day, I still feel safer being allied to people who risk their necks to throw bombs at dictators, than people who hide at home, throwing angry letters at them.

95. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, real brave sitting 3000 miles away on a battleship and pressing the “shock and awe” button.

Real brave…

Still, I suppose using nuclear weapons, cluster bombs and depleted uranium on countless innocent people people who hate freedom is worth just to make the world a much safer place for Americans everyone, right?

The world shall be free!

Even if everyone else has to die in the process…

96. DSB

I’m sure they have a jumbotron counting the civilian casualties. Because that’s what everybody goes to war for. Killing women and children.

Last time I checked, Americans weren’t the ones strapping bombs to mentally handicapped children and sending them into checkpoints, so they can videotape them when they blow up.

That’s obviously the pinnacle of bravery. Do those retards get 72 virgins too?

97. G1GAHURTZ

“Last time I checked, Americans weren’t the ones strapping bombs to blah, blah, blah, gibberish, blah, blah, blah…”

No, they just use nukes, napalm, cluster bombs and depleted uranium from afar, because they’re oh so very brave and civilised.

I mean, surely flying nuclear bombs to the other side of the world to kill countless innocent men, women and children protect the civilised world from communism is much more noble and galant than any other type of mass murder freedom fighting…

They probably deserved it anyway, right?

98. Phoenixblight

Really fighting over whose tactics are braver? Grow the hell up.

99. G1GAHURTZ

It’s not about the bravery of tactics.

It’s about one low life scum’s pig headed ignorance when it comes to praising and defending the most bloody handed oppressors in modern history.

100. DSB

Lulz.

Ding 100!

101. Joe Musashi

JM

102. JimFear-666

i hope they dont say the word taliban or ben laden in the game cause faggots and queer will cry and EA will change the name again since they are a bunch of cock sucker with no spine.

103. monkeygourmet

It’s funny if you think the US ‘know’s’ war…

I don’t think you could be more wrong. Generally it’s resource grabbing under the illusion of ‘freeing’ or ‘liberating’ some poor country.

America is prepared for war, it’s a war machine and the cycle produces billions of dollars in profits as Youngzero has stated.

The extra resources they can grab while over their can’t be bad either.

In the UK the attitude is generally similar to yours.

I just find it hard to support wars the were started under bullshit pretence.

If you think this kind of thing doesn’t create far more extremists and political unrest, you sir, are an American.

@ Dragon

You talk about me not understanding other countries?

What about the fucking troops the UK and US sent over. Im sure handing round the term rag head etc… Not understanding culture and being ill prepared to deal with a hostile reception from the people the thought would be singing their praises really helped the situation…

Im sure burning a Quran really helped the people understand who was there to liberate.

I bet you’ll try to defend this with ‘in war, people sometimes make bad choices because of the pressure their under’ argument.

Half the problems troops faced were because of ill prepared research surrounding the people and factions that lived in this area.

If you think Afganistan will be more stable after we leave then your clearly deluded.

104. monkeygourmet

Who’s Ben Laden?

105. Da Man

D-Sub surely comes across as a healthy, socially active, intelligent individual..

106. Dragon246

Lets just say I live a lot nearer to those areas (Afghanistan) than you and your fellow blabbermouths.
    And you just like to stuff useless things in others mouths don’t you. Arab countries have a pretty good reason to feel animosity towards israel and us. Although no side is willing to make compromises, so situation will probably stay like they are for a few more years.
    Also don’t talk about nukes again. You don’t know jack about them.
    Food for thought. Having nukes probably saved the world from third world war (us vs soviets) .
    Nukes represents the ultimate deterrent. Everyone fears them, no one uses them. They are probably the only reason big countries dont go into war with each other. Face it, every country treats their soldiers as cannon fodder for war, but nukes threaten much more than just borders, they threaten the existence of entire countries.
    The world is safer although more fearful because of MAD.
    Afghanistan is much better than it was 15years ago. Unfortunately many ignoramuses dont want to believe that.
    US fought all of the wars with vested interests. Fact. But who doesn’t? Its utterly wrong but everyone does that.
    Afghanistan will be a better place IF taliban is contained , which us will probably fail to do before last of their troops leave the country. I fear Afghanistan will return to what it was 2 decades ago, but that remains to be seen.

107. monkeygourmet

‘It’s utterly wrong but everyone does that…’

Man, what a lovely moral code you must have.

The fact that the US places itself at the top of the world when talking about democracy and freedom, then still operates on the same bullshit ethics as the so called under developed terrorist cells speaks volumes about their integrity.

Lets face it, if your going to use torture, not worried about rebuilding and aid after blowing the shit out of a country, at least have the balls to admit it…

Of course, they couldn’t, because a lot of Americans would start questionning things like the ethics of US foriegn policy.

The only reason we are still there is because the big companies and private investors who roll in after the dust settles haven’t finished building infrastructure that can generate them more PROFITS…

It’s nothing about helping the average guy who has had his leg blown of by a drone attack. Leave that to the red cross pussies and aid organisations eh?

I think you underestimate some of the anger average civilians build up when being occupied by a force who claims to liberate but has vested intrests in stealing most of your natural resources by making deals with other warlords, who im sure they’ll be attacking too once they have become of no use.

You don’t seem to understand the severity and fallout for what the US has done in Iraq and Afganistan under the name of liberation.

The fact, these ‘wars’ have not only changed the climate of the world, but also changed civilians rights in the US & UK and led to an increase of fear and un needed security of the general public.

If you can’t see that they should be tried for war crimes, i don’t think we will ever see eye to eye on this subject, and it gives me a good insight in to the way you view the world.