Guild Wars 2 digital sales reopen, new trailer says “our time is now”

Monday, 10th September 2012 23:57 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Guild Wars 2 is once again available for purchase directly from ArenaNet, and to celebrate, here’s a stirring live-action trailer. Yes, you heard me. It’s got people in it.

The MMORPG was temporarily withdrawn from digital sale last week so that it wouldn’t fall over under the incessant demand of new players; many retailers sold out of physical stock, too, leaving later adopters frustrated.

In the meantime, ArenaNet has rolled out new European and US servers to cope with the influx, so we’re back in action. Go forth and purchase.

While you wait for the client to download, why not admire this new trailer? Perhaps you can even have a cup of tea while you do so. Be sure not to spit it on your keyboard when you realise you’re not watching a Secret World promo.

Thanks, Destructoid, Evil Avatar.

1. Se_7_eN

I love everything Guild Wars 2… But not that trailer.

2. TheWulf

It was entertainingly pretentious. They were taking the piss and I love them for it. I think it’s a parody of other TV spots, like ones that encourage you to ‘get in the fight.’ It’s not meant to be taken seriously.

3. DSB

@2 Are you really that far removed from reality? I gotta ask.

4. Se_7_eN

@2- What? I don’t even…

5. blackdreamhunk

the girl is hot at the beginning I want her number.

6. roadkill

Yes!! \o/

Also, the trailer sucks!

edit: Oh, it’s not gmg yet. :(

7. GrimRita

I’d rather there be a not so hot trailer and a decent game, then a well know other triple A MMO with an outstanding x2(3rd wasnt so hot) trailers and a total turd of a game.

8. Tiffania

Am I the only one who thaught the trailer was kinda awesome? The beginning was weird, but its original. Yay for Guild Wars 2!

9. viralshag

Terrible trailer for a great game.