Aliens: Colonial Marines screens show the horde in full effect

Monday, 10th September 2012 16:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Aliens: Colonial Marines has received another batch of screens. Some are returning shots, while others are new, showing off acid-spitting aliens, overrun marines and gun battles between packs of humans. Check them out below.

Cheers AGB.

1. TheWulf

I still can’t understand why they took that which was always the least interesting campaign of the first two Aliens vs Predator games, and then turned it into a full game. Without the other two campaigns, I’m just not going to find this very interesting. As such… I’ll give it a pass.

Nice that they got women in, though. There were notable women in the marines in the films, so it would have been a dick move to have an all-man line-up. Then again, this was just the latest entry in a long line of rather… gynophobic moves by Gearbox. After the Duke Nukem thing, and the girlfriend mode.

They have their ups-and-downs, normally they’re pretty great in recognising that women are actually a real thing, but… I still think that this is one studio that could use more women on their team. It seems like it’s an all man team, sometimes.

But yeah, at least they fixed the situation with women marines being missing. I hope this is a really great game for the people who want it, really. I hope those who want it enjoy it. It’s just not for me. Like I said, the marines campaigns were really the least interesting of the AvP games.

2. Ireland Michael

@1 There was always plans for a female marine in the single-player. That’s been known since forever.

The problem is with the lack of female avatars for multiplayer. And that’s still the case, o our knowledge, so they haven’t really “fixed” anything.

3. monkeygourmet

This will not look like this on my 360 :(

4. zinc

@1, ‘Girlfriend mode’ was a nickname *some* of the guys at Gearbox called the ‘Best Buddies’ skill tree. It was then taken out of all context, by people who should really know better.

On topic… I really like the look of this :-) I want my Hudson moment :-P

5. Phoenixblight

Best Friends Forever skill tree for the mechnomancer.

6. Aimless

@2 No longer the case.

Frankly I don’t think this looks very good. Obviously I can only go off the footage they’ve released, but it seems very action focussed and the shooting itself looks off; lack of hit reactions, aliens taking a lot of fire, focus on aiming down sights, etc. I’m also wary of all the added Xenomorph variants.

Could be it simply hasn’t been shown off well, but as of right now I’m less than optimistic.

7. roadkill

Mint! :)

8. jldoom

I think this game is looking pretty good, and I mean like graphically. I have no complaints there. As for how they are executing the game, even with the footage shown, I rather wait to see how the game feels when I’m actually in control, I will give this a shot because I’m just a huge fan of the series.

9. OlderGamer

The game looks good to me. I am a big fan of the movies too. I have only had one Aliens game that knocked my socks off, and the was Aliens Online(PC game a few years back, on Kesmia.) That entire game was basicly what this game calls Horde mode, I think.

Anyways, very interested in playing this game.

10. Lounds

looks like a pc game from 2005 imo.

11. ps3fanboy

naa… more like a pc game from 2008 i would say… environment looks good but the characters looks like manicure store dolls in the face… i expect characters of ‘enslaved’ and ‘uncharted 3′ quality today.