SWTOR free-to-play rewards expanded

Saturday, 8th September 2012 14:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Star Wars: The Old Republic free-to-play incentives have been expanded upon by BioWare due to players vote. Now, rewards for current and returning subscribers will include a Party Jawa, which Massively describes as a “fun-loving native of Tatooine who has nothing better to do than bring the festivities to you.” The reward chart will also include 250 cartel coins for those who purchased the digital deluxe edition of SWTOR. The MMO goes F2P in November.

1. mad1723

A party jaw??? You mean a party Jawa I’m guessing, right? ^^

2. Stephany Nunneley

Of course I do. Otherwise, a party jaw would be considered something unsavory.

3. DocCylon

I am weirdly considering re-subbing to TOR closer to the launch of free to play. I have yet to figure out why other than I’m bored.

4. GrimRita

@3 – get Guild Wars 2 – you will never look back.

5. Talkar

GW2 still haven’t managed to catch my interest :/
    Leveling in that game is just sooooooo boring, it reminds me of vanilla WoW …

6. DSB

@5 Yeah, the levelling really does feel like vanilla WoW, although not quite as bad. The auction house is kinda pointless though.

People are selling their items for a copper above the vendor price, which means that with the auction fee, they’re just giving money away, and the way the auction house is presented really favors the undercutter in a big way.

Either that, or people are taking advantage of the auction house to empty their inventories (I know I do!) or there are just too many of the same weapon dropping. It’s a pretty useless feature unless you’re selling crafting mats.

Still, I think it has a lot of other things going for it. It’s fun to team up with randoms, I’ll never get tired of looking at the animations, and I think they’ve done a great job of making the world feel alive.

It’s subtle and simple improvements, but it works :)

7. GrimRita

@6 Yeah I think people are just having a clean out. Still over the past few days, lots of changes to crafting(especially cooking), improved drops for many items etc etc, without the need to take 2 1/2 days out to patch it – unlike some Bioware MMO we know.