Borderlands 2 Skill Tree Builder is live, go plan out your character now

Saturday, 8th September 2012 21:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Borderlands 2′s Skill Tree Builder is now live. It allows players to plan how they want to spec their characters out ahead of the game’s release. Some functionality updates will be released next week, said Gearbox. The developer has posted instructions on the official Gearbox forum. Borderlands 2 releases on September 18 in the US and on September 21 in the UK for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. freedoms_stain

My god, these skill trees are so badass I cannot make any choices :(

2. Moonwalker1982

Is this for console too or only for PC?

3. DSB

The Zero tree is pretty familiar, but I like it!

4. Phoenixblight

The game is for all platforms. You new here?

5. Moonwalker1982

No, you misunderstand me. I meant the skill tree builder of course.

Anyway, i spent the points, how do i save this?

Or wait..it’s just for planning, not to already customize and ready your character for when BL2 is out? I assumed we would be able to save it and import it in the game later on.

6. freedoms_stain

@5, You get 1 skill point per level (which will probably take you at least 1 full playthrough), not 46 from the start of the game. This just lets you see what sort of bonuses you’ll get for specific builds.

@3, yeah Zero kinda looks like a smoosh together of mostly Lilith with a pinch of Roland from BL1.

7. DSB

@6 Hah really? I see a lot of Mordecai there. The early talents of the sniper tree are basically right out of Borderlands 1, with a bit of a buff.

8. freedoms_stain

@7, the way I saw it the invisibility and the skills that massively ramp up melee damage are very Lilith and the healing stuff is very Roland, but yeah sniping was the Mordecai thing in BL1.

9. GanthKing

“Draw a 2nd gun and go nuts”!!!xD I love this line.

10. ejams

@1 – I know, too many choices now! All the skills are actually decent and you only need 5 in a category to move down, rather than forcing you through certain skills you didn’t want. I love it. Hopefully Zero’s melee is as badass as the skill tree is making it out to be.

11. DaveDogg

@6 i would imagine 1 playthrough will be around lvl 34-35 as was in 1. lvl cap=50 at launch though i can see it being raised with 1st proper DLC

12. Telepathic.Geometry

Shit, I wasn’t really interested in Axton, but he looks like he could really kick arse if leveled properly. But I’m going support with Maya for multiplayer and melee Zero in single-player…

13. Edo

Axton for me in single-player and the reason of course is turrets.Not so much because they deal so much damage but because it gives enemy something else to shoot at :) .

14. absolutezero

Theres no Gunslinger archetype from what I can tell. I guess the nearest thing would be the middle tree for Zero maybe with some points put into the Sniper tree to make it more powerful.

guh.