Mass Effect: Paragon Lost gets a movie trailer

Friday, 7th September 2012 19:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mass Effect: Paragon Lost, the prequel to Mass Effect 3, follows the early career of Alliance Marine, James Vega and you can see it in action below. The Funimation and Production I.G. effort hits DVD and Blu-ray on December 28.

1. KrazyKraut

didn’t mr cook posted this earlier this morning too?

2. Stephany Nunneley

Nope. Searched Mass Effect, Mass Effect 3, Paragon Lost and every combination you can think of and found nothing. Of course, if it were a dupe, you guys would only notice if I did it. ;)

3. Custard Ganet

Vega really? why make a movie focused on the most bland and uninteresting character in the ME universe? The smoking Elchor would have been more interesting than this,or how about a Blasto movie.

4. Ireland Michael

@3 I’m sorry, but Vega was a huge step up from Kaiden and Jacob, who easily *are* the most boring characters in the Mass Effect universe. They could barely even come up with anything to do with Jacob, unlike 90% of the cast.

5. Clupula

I never met Kaiden, since I had the PS3 edition and he died in my comic (same with Wrex), but Jacob and Vega are both awful characters.

6. Custard Ganet

Well i am glad he has his fans but to me he was like a Jersey Shore reject.Ans yes i do agree Kaiden and Jacob are pretty uninteresting also,in fact i never found any of the human crew to be of much interest.

7. Ireland Michael

@6 As they say, never judge a book by its cover. Regardless of how he looks, Vega most certainly doesn’t have a “Jersey Shore” personality.

The character was presented in a very humbling manner, which took me completely off guard, since I *was* just expecting a obnoxious, overblown hardass.

8. Custard Ganet

But he was a complete jughead, flying a shuttle suicide like into another and “dancing” with Shepard to drinking,playing cards and just spouting nonsense about being the ultimate badass,what about his character did you find humbling?

9. Ireland Michael

@8 You completely ignored half his story if that’s all you see.

He admits that the N7 is a lot of hard work, questions if he’s ready for much that responsibility, feels guilt over his efforts not measuring up the results, lots of other stuff. He’s far from a jughead. The “badass” thing is just silly oneupmanship. He fully admits his own concerns of failure to you on numerous occasions.

Having a drink and socialising with some colleagues doesn’t make you a jughead. Geez.

10. Custard Ganet

I didnt ignore any of his story,i have played through the game multiple times.He came off as a completely predictable bore to me,pretty much how i thought he would be since seeing early previews of him,there was nothing in his character that made me stand back and think maybe i had misjudged him.In your opinion he is an interesting character,to me he is the least interesting in the Mass Effect trilogy,that is all their is to it.At least i am happy they are making a Mass Effect anime, perhaps they can springboard off this and make more about other characters that would be of more interest to me.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 That’s what I find quite funny about this. I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought I’d hate him, but didn’t. Hahaha. Oh well.

12. Custard Ganet

well different strokes for different folks right…