Remember Me walkthrough features direct feed gamescom footage

Thursday, 6th September 2012 18:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Remember Me gameplay is posted below in some direct feed footage Capcom pulled together during gamescom.

The video is basically a 10 minute walkthrough, and it’s posted courtesy of PixelEmeny.

Remember Me is an action-adventure game based around the exploits of Nilin, who must restore her forgotten memories. It originally debuted as a Sony exclusive at gamescom 2011 under the name Adrift.

Capcom has since picked up the rights, and was so impressed with Dontnod’s game, the publisher sees a “long-term future,” between it and the developer.

Remember Me is set to arrive on PS3 and Xbox 360 in May 2013.

1. Moonwalker1982

Looks like a really cool idea and game, but it’s not doing much for me yet.

2. Edo

I thought this was coming for PC too…oh well…

3. Judicas

Good lord! No wonder Capcom are having money issues, this looks so clunky and awkward… terrible waste of money.

4. macronia

@2 it is coming to pc .. check their Facebook page ” Capcom and Dontnod entertainment are proud to announce Remember Me, a brand new action adventure title for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. ”

the game looks very good … good ideas hope they put it right

5. pukem0n

the idea and concept od the game are great, but this looks like an alpha build tbh…

6. Edo

@4 Thanks.

7. hives

Script, cutscene, cutscene, script, handholding, cutscene. Yay.

8. macronia

@6 np .. i don’t worry about games coming to PC or not from Capcom .. because there do eventually .. Though , i still have hope for Dragon’s Dogma :S

9. Maximum Payne

Those effect are maybe little bit to nice for this gen ?

10. uomoartificiale

I positively dislike the main character design. In an age that finally sees good belivable female lead protagonist, this bitchy punchy super-model on heels looks so early 2000′s…

11. TFPtMaster

Looks good, with good ideas.

12. Gigabomber

Ew. Don’t try for a shootout with uncharted if your game looks like that.

13. TD_Monstrous69

After watching this, I’m a bit perplexed. Sure, Remember Me has some interesting ideas going for it, but also, s concept that’s just either a bit flawed, or lacking in concreate explanation. Also, the execution of this seems a bit wonky, the score seemed to fit really well in some parts of the demo, but not in most of them, the dialogue was just awful, and visually it just seems largely unimpressive. If there are 2 things I can say this does have going for it, is that gameplay at least looks solid, and the world within Remember Me seems to have an interesting lore about it. One thing I believe this could benefit from is if Dontnod fleshes things out a bit within the world. Because right now, it just looks like it’s trying to be this tightly, linear, controlled story, and it works well in some games. But this just doesn’t look to be one of those games.

14. Malmer

I don’t know if we’ve watched the same clip, because I think this looks great.

15. monkeygourmet

How should she look?

I assume in the future, genetic alteration and surgery will have most women wanting to look something like this.

The voice acting is pretty awful though.

16. Ali

The graphics are above average, the gameplay isn’t really the smoothest but it does its job. The script and voice acting however are just …. Terrible “Let’s play a new game with new roles the hunted becomes the hunteeeer ” I mean seriously WTF !

Music score doesn’t really impress to be honest.

That’s said, I am optimistic that it could be the firs Capcom title I buy this generation.

17. uomoartificiale

@15 I don’t know how she have to look like. Like a woman, for example? That design just gets on my nerve, I can smell the bullshit behind the choices they made from miles away.

I can provide examples: Chell (in the first game at least) looks pleasant enough while still looking like a real person and a real proportionate woman.
    It’s not different with men though, why do they have to show their six-pack abs? Big Boss/Naked Snake it’s the only hero character I can think of that is proportionate and athletic without being too exagerated. He also has quite a feminine charm, if you ask me, and I like that facet quite alot in the character.

Also, don’t assume that woman would choose to look like skinny coat hangers if they were given the choice…

18. osric90

Nariko goes to the future.

19. roadkill

I love the art. I like the music. I also like the combat. Flashy! :) I don’t like the animations. I hate the level design. Dialog!? Cheesy, but that doesn’t mine that it’s bad. I think it’s OK. One last thing.. what is that thing on her neck!? It looks.. out of place.